Old 11-03-2013, 10:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

In article , Todd
wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.

PP
- Chris Malcolm

Old 11-03-2013, 10:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/05/2013 06:43 AM, Susan wrote:
Addition: sometimes I have smoked brook trout filet

You know what this means? NO MORE CATCH AND RELEASE!

Fresh Brook trout: butter, rosemary, S & P is so good!

Amen. Few things are better than pan fried trout.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Old 11-03-2013, 10:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

I do miss hash browns with rosemary

Have you considered cooking some other vegetable(s) as if they were the
potatoes in hash browns? Shred zucchini, salt it to pull the water out,
then rinse it and press it in a strainer. Use it as if it's shredded
potato. Presto! Hashed brown zucchini!

Bon appetit!

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.

Steak and eggs is a classic American breakfast. Most of us can't afford
it anymore, though. I suspect it was a farm breakfast dish originally.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Old 11-03-2013, 10:49 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article
,
Peppermint Patootie wrote:

In article , Todd
wrote:

I do miss hash browns with rosemary

Have you considered cooking some other vegetable(s) as if they were the
potatoes in hash browns? Shred zucchini, salt it to pull the water out,
then rinse it and press it in a strainer. Use it as if it's shredded
potato. Presto! Hashed brown zucchini!

Last summer, when my garden was over-producing zucchini, I made zucchini
latkes. Yummy!

PP
- Chris Malcolm

Old 12-03-2013, 06:12 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/11/2013 03:23 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.

Steak and eggs is a classic American breakfast. Most of us can't afford
it anymore, though. I suspect it was a farm breakfast dish originally.

PP

Hi PP,

I wait till the natural Sirloin Tip roasts go on sale at Raley's.
Then have the butcher slice them up what is called "Bottom Sirloin
Steaks". Then freeze what I don't immediately use.

Helps the pocket book.

-T
Old 12-03-2013, 06:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/11/2013 03:21 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

I do miss hash browns with rosemary

Have you considered cooking some other vegetable(s) as if they were the
potatoes in hash browns? Shred zucchini, salt it to pull the water out,
then rinse it and press it in a strainer. Use it as if it's shredded
potato. Presto! Hashed brown zucchini!

Bon appetit!

PP

Hi PP,

Hadn't considered it. But am now. Thank you!

No Rosemary?

Two years ago, had four zucchini plants. Got one
zuc each off each one. Last year five nice plants.
Got two each of each one. AHHHH! These things are
suppose to be easy to grow! (Fresh, out of the
garden, zuks are a delicacy!)

-T
Old 12-03-2013, 06:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/11/2013 03:15 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.

PP

Hi PP,

Thank you!

I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.

-T
Old 12-03-2013, 10:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.

PP

Hi PP,

Thank you!

I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.

-T

Get a heavy, non-stick, omelet pan.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 13-03-2013, 06:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Ozgirl" wrote:

But you need a fair amount of protein at breakfast IMO, that's why I
choose eggs. You could have chicken, beef, fish etc if you prefer. More
rather than less protein can sometimes prevent a spike if there are any
carbs in the meal.

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
breakfast.

Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!

-T

I thought bacon, and lunch meats were all on nutritionist's hit lists.

Caught in the middle again. February 13, 2013, A new study from the
University of Oxford finds vegetarians live longer than people who eat
meat or fish.

Researchers followed 45,000 adults for nearly 20 years, and found that
vegetarians had a 30 percent lower risk for heart disease.

They say vegetarians had lower blood pressure and cholesterol than those
who ate meat, which could be contributing to their reduced risk for
heart problems.

Doctors say cutting the amount of salt in the American diet could save
hundreds of millions of lives. (heart failure)

And then there is Dr. Mario Martinez, who says that there are no 100
year old Vegans.

What's a boy supposed to do?

Oy.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 13-03-2013, 07:39 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
breakfast.

Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!

-T

I thought bacon, and lunch meats were all on nutritionist's hit lists.

Who cares? Anyone can call themself a nutritionist. I eat bacon. Not a
lot of it and not often. Occasionally I eat sliced turkey but I don't
really like it that much. That's it for me and the lunch meat. Mostly its
the nitrates that you need to watch out for.

Caught in the middle again. February 13, 2013, A new study from the
University of Oxford finds vegetarians live longer than people who eat
meat or fish.

Could be.

Researchers followed 45,000 adults for nearly 20 years, and found that
vegetarians had a 30 percent lower risk for heart disease.

Could be.

They say vegetarians had lower blood pressure and cholesterol than those
who ate meat, which could be contributing to their reduced risk for
heart problems.

I must be the odd one out then. Got high BP at about age 25 and high
cholesterol by about age 35. I was a vegetarian.

Doctors say cutting the amount of salt in the American diet could save
hundreds of millions of lives. (heart failure)

Which Drs. say that?

And then there is Dr. Mario Martinez, who says that there are no 100
year old Vegans.

Dunno. Never heard of him. But he's wrong.

http://www.care2.com/c2c/groups/disc...18&pst=1441656

What's a boy supposed to do?

Oy.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 13-03-2013, 05:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/12/2013 11:15 PM, Billy wrote:
Wait for the butter to bubble in a nice cast iron skillet before adding
the wisked eggs, and cream.

Just eggs and cream? Any s & p?
Old 13-03-2013, 05:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/12/2013 11:38 PM, Billy wrote:

"Todd" wrote in message ...

[...]

Hi Billy,

If this was correct, we would not have whole populations of
humans living on this planet that eat zero vegi's and zero fruit.
(Google the Inuit Enigma). Also they eat zero carbs. And they
have no diabetes, no heart disease, no cancer, and no "white man's
diseases".

And, bear in mind that everything they eat is wild caught. Nothing
comes from a disgusting stock yard. No hormones, antibiotics,
pesticides, weed killers, not covered in their own poop, yada,
yada, yada.

If the study is legit and not just political correctness, the
what is "in" the meat that is harming folks needs to be researched.

In my opinion, buy organic and CSA (community supported
agriculture) whenever possible. And find a friend that hunts.

I have a customer that got a moose the year before and it was
more than his family could eat. What a treat! An elk the year
before that. (I hate venison.)

-T

Old 13-03-2013, 05:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/13/2013 12:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I must be the odd one out then. Got high BP at about age 25 and high
cholesterol by about age 35. I was a vegetarian.

Hi Julie,

Not odd. The cholesterol thing is pure Bull S---. Take a look
at the following:

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf

And, where it all started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xbFQc2kxm9c

Your liver creates what cholesterol you need. And every cell in your
body needs it. And, EVERY hormone (read insulin) uses it as a
precursor.

-T

Old 13-03-2013, 06:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message ...

[...]

And now,
łA common assumption is that the rise in levels of atherosclerosis is
predominantly lifestyle-related, and that if modern humans could emulate
pre-industrial or even pre-agricultural lifestyles, that
atherosclerosis, or at least its clinical manifestations, would be
avoided,˛ Thompson added.

łOur findings seem to cast doubt on that assumption, and at the very
least, we think they suggest that our understanding of the causes of
atherosclerosis is incomplete, and that it might be somehow inherent to
the process of human aging.˛
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...study-shows-cl
ogged-arteries-are-nothing-new?lite

Bummer!
Seems nature just wants us out of here so that the next possible set of
adaptations can try their tricks.

What's a boy supposed to do?

Oy.

Hi Billy,

If this was correct,

If what was correct?

we would not have whole populations of
humans living on this planet that eat zero vegi's and zero fruit.

How did we get here from no lunch meat, and not Vegan?

(Google the Inuit Enigma).
Also they eat zero carbs. And they
have no diabetes, no heart disease, no cancer, and no "white man's
diseases".

Do areas still exist without trading posts (white bread, canned
sausage, booze)?
Yes, meat needs to be eaten raw to preserve its vitamin C, but
do the Inuits have greater longevity? I'm sure this is a nature/nurture
thing, and as usual there isn't anything to be done about nature, so we
are left with nurturing longevity.

And, bear in mind that everything they eat is wild caught. Nothing
comes from a disgusting stock yard. No hormones, antibiotics,
pesticides, weed killers, not covered in their own poop, yada,
yada, yada.

If the study is legit and not just political correctness, the
what is "in" the meat that is harming folks needs to be researched.

As Pollan said (and I paraphrase), "Eat mostly plants, stay out of the
middle of supermarkets, and don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't
recognize as food."

In my opinion, buy organic and CSA (community supported
agriculture) whenever possible. And find a friend that hunts.

Or grow a garden, and buy organic.

I have a customer that got a moose the year before and it was
more than his family could eat. What a treat! An elk the year
before that. (I hate venison.)

-T

Sadly, I still, occasionally, get the lust for salami.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Mr.Smartypants[_2_] Vegan 0 22-09-2009 08:43 PM
Insulin History-Dlife Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 05-11-2007 05:40 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 01:48 AM
Insulin Pump Gregory Poche Diabetic 7 03-03-2005 03:44 AM
Insulin puffers story [email protected] Diabetic 1 25-10-2003 03:51 PM