Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I just remembered something. I just saw a recipe for meat loaf "cupcakes"
>that jogged my memory A late poster here, JC Hartmann, used to make
>batches of meat loaf in muffin tins at night and heat up a couple every
>morning for a quick business person's breakfast. Another friend "Adam"
>cooks up hard boiled eggs by the dozen for quick and easy breakfasts and
>snacks. When low carb meals and snacks are already prepared it makes it
>easier to eat right in my opinion. At times when there is nothing prepared
>in my fridge I have been known to take the easy way out and make a peanut
>butter sandwich.... At good times I have hard boiled eggs, muffin size
>frittatas, crudités, olives, meats etc. at the ready in the fridge. Another
>poster, Alan S, often has his low carb beef stew for breakfast. Yesterday
>at lunch, when my mouth was so sore and that one sensitive tooth howled
>every time I accidentally chewed with it, I opened a can of salmon, poured
>a bit of balsamic vinegar over it on the plate and scarfed it down.
>Afternoon tea was some ice-cream and tub of WW mango jelly with peaches
>Dinner was fried eggs and mushrooms, unfortunately the mushies hurt the
>tooth too much to eat.
>
> "Todd" wrote in message ...

I make my meatloaf freeform, individual loaves. Keep it in the freezer.
Need to make some more. I have none! Need to start saving some extra bread
to put in it. I only put a little bit. I do put a ton of cooked veggies in
it.

When I ate eggs, I bought 2 dozen at a time. The dozen that I hard boiled
were tinted. One year after Easter some store was practically giving away
Easter egg dye. I bought some and would use a tiny bit to dye them. That
way we could identify the boiled ones. But now they've gone off of boiled
eggs so I don't make them any more.

Now they eat microwaved eggs. Made in a paper bowl. Husband uses real eggs
but Angela uses an egg product. If using real ones you have to whisk them
first. Put the eggs in the bowl with about a half a teaspoon of olive oil
or butter and a sprinkle of salt. You could add pepper and herbs if you
want. Can also add meat, veggies and cheese. If adding cheese add it
towards the end. Nuke for about 2.5 minutes, stir, then add cheese if
using. Nuke for another 20-30 seconds. Can eat right from the bowl.

I don't often snack between meals but when I do it is usually something like
olives or unsweetened coconut. I also have some Lupini beans. I love
those!