Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_9_] Billy[_9_] is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 03/19/2013 05:49 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On 03/17/2013 04:01 PM, Billy wrote:

> >> Don't forget Acetyl L-Carnitine and Carnosine. I think it is the height
> >> of arrogance to think our science can tell us everything to supplement
> >> with when you are doing something unnatural. Eventually we will be
> >> able to, but, I would posit, not before we develop long term frame
> >> space travel. (I pity the first victims. The space station may be
> >> solving some of the riddle.)

> > ???? Dietary Sources:
> > Red meat (particularly lamb) and dairy products are the main food
> > sources of carnitine. It can also be found in fish, poultry, tempeh,
> > wheat, asparagus, avocados, and peanut butter.
> >
> > What was your point?

> That was my point. Meat is the main source of the two. If you
> don't eat meat, you need to use technology to replace them.
> There are only trace amounts in vegetables. Or you can eat
> grains in a third world country with poor sanitation and get
> them from the insect material you ingest.
>
> I really think it is the height of arrogance to think that
> our (current) science will be able to figure out everything
> we need to supplement if we cut out all animal nutrition.
>
> When we get to Mars, we should learn a lot. You can't do outside
> without a special suite. The dirt is toxic (sulphuric acid):
> Earthlings will have to bring dirt with them. Everything will have
> to be grown in a green house. They will be pure vegetarians,
> like it or not. They will probably get very sick until we
> figure it out. And no bugs to supplement for animal nutrition
> either.
>
> We will probably figure a lot of things out in a hurry. In
> the mean time I will enjoy my steak! (Who would want to go
> to Mars: can't touch the soil; can't breath the air;
> colder than hell all the time; and no trout.)
>

> >> I worked at an aerospace company about 30 years ago where
> >> all the raises and promotions went first to the pretty girls,
> >> second to all the guys, and last to the ugly girls. It
> >> was really irritating as I and other worked our asses off and
> >> got no where. If a pretty girl broke her finger nail, everyone
> >> swooped to her rescue (not me); if an ugly girl lay bleeding
> >> on the floor, everyone (not me) would step over her. And,
> >> fat was the kiss of death.

> > I've never worked with people that far removed from the human race.
> > A body is like a bottle that holds a wine, our personality. The bottle
> > may attract, but it is the wine that people come back for.

> 100% agree and very well said.
>
> And the prettiest girl, who was actually nice and got all the raises,
> did not even want to be an engineer. She wanted to be a bar
> tender! Her technical skill were average at best; her
> interpersonal skill were off the scale. I hated the place.
> But I had to put food on the table.
>
> In my current consulting position, I have seen only a tiny bit
> [...]

Most of that particular rant came from "The Vegetarian Myth: Food,
Justice, and Sustainability" by Lierre Keith [A woman]
<http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Myt...ability/dp/160
4860804/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281718588&sr=1-1>
(Available at better libraries near you)
p. 230 - 32

It's a good read.

--
Welcome to the New America.