Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Todd wrote:
> On 03/18/2013 07:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Actually I remember you telling me you got an A+ in college Biology.
>>> There was no insult intended. I certainly did not mean one.

>> Oh bull. I never would have said that. I dropped out of college! I
>> hated school.

> You are correct, you did not mention college:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...e1aa2 7d77b8a
>
> I am not an engineer and got a D in chemistry. But I got an
> A+ in biology. "Sugar" is a very specific type of carb.
> The term "carb" can encompass a wide variety of foods.
> There are carbs in green beans, broccoli, even a tiny amount
> in an egg.

I got a D in Chemistry too. In High School. Then when my brother took the
same course, I saw his book and said, "That's not what we did!" He replied,
"I know. They found out that they'd bought you guys the wrong book. It was
a college level book!"

I had thought that chemistry would be experiments. And it was when my
brother took it. When I took it, it was math. I only remember doing one
thing that came perhaps somewhat close to an experiment. It involved
weighing some things. I can't remember what though. But we used little
metal beads to weigh things with. Mostly the class was about memorizing the
chemical elements and something to do with moles. Never did figure out what
a mole was. My one friend got an A in the class. She was one of my lab
partners. She only got the A because she had a photographic memory and she
could parrot back what she read and or/ what was said. She did well in this
class because it was finite. She did not do well in other classes where you
had to read something and then interperet it in your own way.

I wasn't the only one who got a D. Most of the class did. That should have
tipped them off!