Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

I just remembered something. I just saw a recipe for meat loaf
"cupcakes" that jogged my memory A late poster here, JC Hartmann,
used to make batches of meat loaf in muffin tins at night and heat up a
couple every morning for a quick business person's breakfast. Another
friend "Adam" cooks up hard boiled eggs by the dozen for quick and easy
breakfasts and snacks. When low carb meals and snacks are already
prepared it makes it easier to eat right in my opinion. At times when
there is nothing prepared in my fridge I have been known to take the
easy way out and make a peanut butter sandwich.... At good times I have
hard boiled eggs, muffin size frittatas, crudités, olives, meats etc. at
the ready in the fridge. Another poster, Alan S, often has his low carb
beef stew for breakfast. Yesterday at lunch, when my mouth was so sore
and that one sensitive tooth howled every time I accidentally chewed
with it, I opened a can of salmon, poured a bit of balsamic vinegar over
it on the plate and scarfed it down. Afternoon tea was some ice-cream
and tub of WW mango jelly with peaches Dinner was fried eggs and
mushrooms, unfortunately the mushies hurt the tooth too much to eat.

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 03/21/2013 03:21 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/18/2013 06:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Well, they eat road kill. So do apparently a lot of other people in
>>> this
>>> country. Mainly in the South I think.

>> Road kill is just fine if you butcher it up right after
>> you hit it.
>>
>> Now if you drag it off the road and let it putrefy for
>> a few days, then it is bear, vulture, ant, maggot food.
>>
>> I would just leave flat skunks for the vultures. :-)

> Without putting to fine a point on it, you do realize, don't you, that
> your flogging a dead horse?

Yes, I know. I will reform.