Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/05/2013 12:13 PM, Todd wrote:
On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
feed an army

Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
them.
I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
carbs.

12 grams per 1/4 cup. I use about teaspoon. Maybe 1-1/2 teaspoons.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...340-grams-pwdr

And some stevia

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/now-f...ackets-75-pkts

I have gotten use to the gasoline taste. Now food is the best
tasting one I have tried so far.

-T

Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 12:13 PM, Todd wrote:
On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
feed an army

Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
them.
I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
carbs.

Just enough cream to cover up the taste of cocoa in water. (Cocoa
in water: YUK!) Cream has a pretty intense amount of fat in it
and it is easy to overdo it.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
feed an army

Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
them.
I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
carbs.

But you said it was 14g?

Old 06-03-2013, 05:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
On 03/04/2013 09:55 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.
I am eating at your house from now on!

:-)

Love it!

Oh you know what? I just ordered a bottle of hot sauce from
Swanson ($3.49 with a additional 15% discount):

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/ariz...5-fl-oz-liquid

Eggs did not come to mind, but just maybe ...

Thank you for the recommendations!

-T

I didn't know that Swanson sold hot sauce now! They are selling more and
more food.

We had neighbors who ate steak for breakfast every morning. The mother
was from some place in South America. Ecuador I think. They ate so many
steaks that they bought them in bulk. Both she and her daughter were very
slim. We went out for Mexican food with them once. Both of the girls had
a kid's meal but the mom ordered some kind of a big steak and gave each of
the girls a piece. They wolfed it right down. Angela seems to think that
she doesn't like steak but she sure seems to eat it well any time she gets
it. I did love it as a young child...like under the age of 12. Don't
think I ate it much at all after that. For some reason it would sit in my
stomach like a lead weight and make me feel unwell.

I remember spending the Summer on my girlfriends Grandfathers beef
ranch,Duncan AZ, we had steak and eggs almost every morning....if we didn't
want that, we got oatmeal ...I chose the steak and eggs Sometimes for
breakfast I will have scrambled eggs with turkey sausage crumbles added. Or
eggs and bacon.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Robert Miles wrote:
On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:00:52 AM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
[snip] Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

One of my neighbors puts soy sauce on them. I crumble up bacon and put
that on my scrambled eggs.

Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

I like my eggs sunnyside up, with the white denatured and the yolk liquid.
Served on a patty of hash brown potatoes, with a couple of pork sausages
and some Sriracha sauce. Heaven!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Hi Nick, I like mine over easy, I like turkey Sausage...tastes pretty close
to the real thing, and I don't have to hear hubby complain about fatty
sausage(He's not into fatty things to much)
I might have a few tater tots under my eggs, to I make a one or two egg
omelet with chopped ham, onion and cheese. I also add a bit of onion powder
....seems to perk up the eggs...I top the omelet with a tsp of no sugar
apricot jam...really yummy

Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: ...
:
: Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
: carbs.

: But you said it was 14g?
No carbs from the dairy aubstance uses, in this case heavy whipping cream.
It says the carbs are from the cocoa, not the dairy substance.

Wendy

Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 09:54 PM, Jacquie wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Man. I am going to have to learn how to cook eggs (again).
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 11:36 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

That is an idea. Do you have any favorite recipes/formulas?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 11:55 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Sriracha sauce

Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.

Thank you!

-T

Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 10:00 PM, Jacquie wrote:
I like turkey Sausage

Brand?

Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/06/2013 06:21 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Todd" wrote in message
: ...
: On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
: 14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
: feed an army
: Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
: especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
: them.
: I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.
:
: Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
: carbs.

: But you said it was 14g?
No carbs from the dairy aubstance uses, in this case heavy whipping cream.
It says the carbs are from the cocoa, not the dairy substance.

Wendy

and the onion and cabbage
Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 06:43 AM, Susan wrote:
Addition: sometimes I have smoked brook trout filet

You know what this means? NO MORE CATCH AND RELEASE!

Fresh Brook trout: butter, rosemary, S & P is so good!

-T

Any excuse to go (trout) fishing. It is an obsession.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
On 03/04/2013 11:55 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Sriracha sauce

Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.

Thank you!

Some are really good. Some real hot and not much flavor. Some too vinegary.

Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

I am. When my FBG is under 90 mg/dL, I'll have a little bit of carbs with
my brekkie.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/07/2013 12:12 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Todd wrote:
On 03/04/2013 11:55 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Sriracha sauce

Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.

Thank you!

Some are really good. Some real hot and not much flavor. Some too vinegary.

Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

I am. When my FBG is under 90 mg/dL, I'll have a little bit of carbs with
my brekkie.

This morning was 112 mg/dL, which is one of my best. Got a ways to
go to target of 85.

I do miss hash browns with rosemary
Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
On 03/04/2013 11:55 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
Sriracha sauce

Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.

Thank you!

Some are really good. Some real hot and not much flavor. Some too
vinegary.

Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

I am. When my FBG is under 90 mg/dL, I'll have a little bit of carbs
with my brekkie.

This morning was 112 mg/dL, which is one of my best. Got a ways to
go to target of 85.

I do miss hash browns with rosemary

I target between 80 and 100. Sometimes it's in the 70's. That's when I'll
have a slice of bread or toast before brekkie. I like my sunnysides on my
hash browns.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Mr.Smartypants[_2_] Vegan 0 22-09-2009 08:43 PM
Insulin History-Dlife Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 05-11-2007 05:40 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 01:48 AM
Insulin Pump Gregory Poche Diabetic 7 03-03-2005 03:44 AM
Insulin puffers story [email protected] Diabetic 1 25-10-2003 03:51 PM