Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_9_] Billy[_9_] is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Billy > wrote:
>
> : ?The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals?
> : by Michael Pollan
> : <http://www.amazon.com/Omnivores-Dile...als/dp/0143038
> : 583/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206815576&sr=1-1>
>
> : (Available at a library near you)
>
> : >
> : > About three years ago, before I knew about T2, I grew some
> : > hybridized (for sugar content) corn. The crop bombed, but
> : > I did get about one meal out of it. It was very tasty,
> : > as is anything out of an organic garden. But, I do remember
> : > it was so sweet it was like eating candy.
> :
> : And soon, because of GMOs, and hybrid plants, Monsanto, and their ilk
> : will control the food we eat. Next time you grow a garden, use "open
> : pollinated" seeds, and at least give yourself a chance to resist.
>
> : <http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/articles/monsanto.htm>
>
> : And here's how
>
> I was tinking of Michael Pollan, Omnivore's dilemma and the other Fastfood
> Nation by Eric s-something. gory stuff on slaughterhouses.
>
> Wendy

Eric Schlosser. Is Fast Food Nation the book that encludes passages from
a slaughter house workman's diary in it? Gothic gory, evoking
portentously gloomy or horrifying scenes. I've wondered for a long time
where I read that. I've just pull it off the shelf, and will have to
take a look at it.

Thanks, I think.

Do look at the Fedco site. Our glorious leaders, and parties are trying
to lead us back to 12th Century feudalism, where we will rent our
furniture, and the clothes on our backs. If we don't see that great
profit can come from food, and that wars allow us to improve our weapons
[for sale], and that either taxpayers pay for Wall Streets gambling
[privatize the profits, and socialize the risk], or as in Cyprus, they
just want to take it from depositors to cover their gambling.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>