Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Hi All,

Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).

Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!

Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*

Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Many thanks,
-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
breakfast.

"Todd" wrote in message ...

Hi All,

Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).

Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!

Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*

Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Many thanks,
-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
> of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
> broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).
>
> Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!
>
> Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
> 120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*
>
> Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
> maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)
>
> What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
> a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

A meal like that would spike me because it doesn't have enough carbs in it.
Insulin or no insulin.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 08:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
>> of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
>> broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).
>>
>> Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!
>>
>> Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
>> 120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*
>>
>> Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
>> maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)
>>
>> What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
>> a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T

> A meal like that would spike me because it doesn't have enough carbs in it.
> Insulin or no insulin.

I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
feed an army

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
> scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
> tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
> bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
> breakfast.

Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

But you need a fair amount of protein at breakfast IMO, that's why I
choose eggs. You could have chicken, beef, fish etc if you prefer. More
rather than less protein can sometimes prevent a spike if there are any
carbs in the meal.

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
> scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
> tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
> bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
> breakfast.

Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

"Todd" wrote in message ...

On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
> scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
> tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
> bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
> breakfast.

Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 09:52 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> But you need a fair amount of protein at breakfast IMO, that's why I
> choose eggs. You could have chicken, beef, fish etc if you prefer. More
> rather than less protein can sometimes prevent a spike if there are any
> carbs in the meal.

Great advice. Thank you.

My overly helpful liver loves to do the "wakie wakie"
thing -- "rise and shiny you old ...".

I have been trying to eat something the second I roll out of
bed, even if it is just collage cheese. Did not help this
morning.

Maybe I should try eating a handful of nuts -- lots of
protein and fat.

I did this thing on Saturday with sliced ham where I put cheese
in the middle and fried it. My wife loved it, but I thought it
came out kind of gross. Called it Egg McNoMuffin.

I can only eat two soft boiled eggs at a time or I get
nauseated. (They are farm fresh organic eggs too! They
are VERY good.)

Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 09:55 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
> spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
> etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.
I am eating at your house from now on!

:-)

Love it!

Oh you know what? I just ordered a bottle of hot sauce from
Swanson ($3.49 with a additional 15% discount):

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/ariz...5-fl-oz-liquid

Eggs did not come to mind, but just maybe ...

Thank you for the recommendations!

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:00:52 AM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
[snip]> Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

> -T

One of my neighbors puts soy sauce on them. I crumble up bacon and put that on my scrambled eggs.

Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles > wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:00:52 AM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
> [snip]> Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

> One of my neighbors puts soy sauce on them. I crumble up bacon and put
> that on my scrambled eggs.
>
> Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

I like my eggs sunnyside up, with the white denatured and the yolk liquid.
Served on a patty of hash brown potatoes, with a couple of pork sausages
and some Sriracha sauce. Heaven!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 03/04/2013 08:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Todd" > wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
>>> of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
>>> broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).
>>>
>>> Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!
>>>
>>> Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
>>> 120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*
>>>
>>> Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
>>> maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)
>>>
>>> What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
>>> a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> -T

>> A meal like that would spike me because it doesn't have enough carbs in
>> it.
>> Insulin or no insulin.

> I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
> 14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
> feed an army

Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to them.
I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 03/04/2013 09:55 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
>> spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
>> etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

> Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
> Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.
> I am eating at your house from now on!
>
> :-)
>
> Love it!
>
> Oh you know what? I just ordered a bottle of hot sauce from
> Swanson ($3.49 with a additional 15% discount):
>
> https://www.swansonvitamins.com/ariz...5-fl-oz-liquid
>
> Eggs did not come to mind, but just maybe ...
>
> Thank you for the recommendations!
>
> -T

I didn't know that Swanson sold hot sauce now! They are selling more and
more food.

We had neighbors who ate steak for breakfast every morning. The mother was
from some place in South America. Ecuador I think. They ate so many steaks
that they bought them in bulk. Both she and her daughter were very slim.
We went out for Mexican food with them once. Both of the girls had a kid's
meal but the mom ordered some kind of a big steak and gave each of the girls
a piece. They wolfed it right down. Angela seems to think that she doesn't
like steak but she sure seems to eat it well any time she gets it. I did
love it as a young child...like under the age of 12. Don't think I ate it
much at all after that. For some reason it would sit in my stomach like a
lead weight and make me feel unwell.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
>> >14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
>> >feed an army

> Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
> especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to them.
> I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
carbs.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 12:13 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about

>> Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
>> especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
>> them.
>> I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

> Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
> carbs.

12 grams per 1/4 cup. I use about teaspoon. Maybe 1-1/2 teaspoons.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...340-grams-pwdr

And some stevia

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/now-f...ackets-75-pkts

I have gotten use to the gasoline taste. Now food is the best
tasting one I have tried so far.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 12:13 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about

>> Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
>> especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
>> them.
>> I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

> Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
> carbs.

Just enough cream to cover up the taste of cocoa in water. (Cocoa
in water: YUK!) Cream has a pretty intense amount of fat in it
and it is easy to overdo it.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about

>> Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
>> especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
>> them.
>> I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

> Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
> carbs.

But you said it was 14g?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Todd" > wrote in message
>> On 03/04/2013 09:55 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>> I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
>>> spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
>>> etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

>> Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
>> Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.
>> I am eating at your house from now on!
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Love it!
>>
>> Oh you know what? I just ordered a bottle of hot sauce from
>> Swanson ($3.49 with a additional 15% discount):
>>
>> https://www.swansonvitamins.com/ariz...5-fl-oz-liquid
>>
>> Eggs did not come to mind, but just maybe ...
>>
>> Thank you for the recommendations!
>>
>> -T

> I didn't know that Swanson sold hot sauce now! They are selling more and
> more food.
>
> We had neighbors who ate steak for breakfast every morning. The mother
> was from some place in South America. Ecuador I think. They ate so many
> steaks that they bought them in bulk. Both she and her daughter were very
> slim. We went out for Mexican food with them once. Both of the girls had
> a kid's meal but the mom ordered some kind of a big steak and gave each of
> the girls a piece. They wolfed it right down. Angela seems to think that
> she doesn't like steak but she sure seems to eat it well any time she gets
> it. I did love it as a young child...like under the age of 12. Don't
> think I ate it much at all after that. For some reason it would sit in my
> stomach like a lead weight and make me feel unwell.

I remember spending the Summer on my girlfriends Grandfathers beef
ranch,Duncan AZ, we had steak and eggs almost every morning....if we didn't
want that, we got oatmeal ...I chose the steak and eggs Sometimes for
breakfast I will have scrambled eggs with turkey sausage crumbles added. Or
eggs and bacon.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Robert Miles > wrote:
>> On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:00:52 AM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
>> [snip]> Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

>> One of my neighbors puts soy sauce on them. I crumble up bacon and put
>> that on my scrambled eggs.
>>
>> Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

> I like my eggs sunnyside up, with the white denatured and the yolk liquid.
> Served on a patty of hash brown potatoes, with a couple of pork sausages
> and some Sriracha sauce. Heaven!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
> http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Hi Nick, I like mine over easy, I like turkey Sausage...tastes pretty close
to the real thing, and I don't have to hear hubby complain about fatty
sausage(He's not into fatty things to much)
I might have a few tater tots under my eggs, to I make a one or two egg
omelet with chopped ham, onion and cheese. I also add a bit of onion powder
....seems to perk up the eggs...I top the omelet with a tsp of no sugar
apricot jam...really yummy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Todd" > wrote in message
: ...
: > On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: >>> I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
: >>> >14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
: >>> >feed an army
: >> Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
: >> especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
: >> them.
: >> I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.
: >
: > Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
: > carbs.

: But you said it was 14g?
No carbs from the dairy aubstance uses, in this case heavy whipping cream.
It says the carbs are from the cocoa, not the dairy substance.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 09:54 PM, Jacquie wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
>>> Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.
>>> I am eating at your house from now on!
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> Love it!
>>>
>>> Oh you know what? I just ordered a bottle of hot sauce from
>>> Swanson ($3.49 with a additional 15% discount):
>>>
>>> https://www.swansonvitamins.com/ariz...5-fl-oz-liquid
>>>

>>> Eggs did not come to mind, but just maybe ...
>>>
>>> Thank you for the recommendations!
>>>
>>> -T

>> I didn't know that Swanson sold hot sauce now! They are selling more
>> and more food.
>>
>> We had neighbors who ate steak for breakfast every morning. The
>> mother was from some place in South America. Ecuador I think. They
>> ate so many steaks that they bought them in bulk. Both she and her
>> daughter were very slim. We went out for Mexican food with them once.
>> Both of the girls had a kid's meal but the mom ordered some kind of a
>> big steak and gave each of the girls a piece. They wolfed it right
>> down. Angela seems to think that she doesn't like steak but she sure
>> seems to eat it well any time she gets it. I did love it as a young
>> child...like under the age of 12. Don't think I ate it much at all
>> after that. For some reason it would sit in my stomach like a lead
>> weight and make me feel unwell.
>>

> I remember spending the Summer on my girlfriends Grandfathers beef
> ranch,Duncan AZ, we had steak and eggs almost every morning....if we
> didn't want that, we got oatmeal ...I chose the steak and eggs
> Sometimes for breakfast I will have scrambled eggs with turkey sausage
> crumbles added. Or eggs and bacon.

Man. I am going to have to learn how to cook eggs (again).
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 11:36 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
> Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

That is an idea. Do you have any favorite recipes/formulas?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 11:55 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Sriracha sauce

Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.

Thank you!

-T

Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 10:00 PM, Jacquie wrote:
> I like turkey Sausage

Brand?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/06/2013 06:21 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Todd" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> : >>> I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
> : >>> >14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
> : >>> >feed an army
> : >> Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
> : >> especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to
> : >> them.
> : >> I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.
> : >
> : > Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
> : > carbs.
>
> : But you said it was 14g?
> No carbs from the dairy aubstance uses, in this case heavy whipping cream.
> It says the carbs are from the cocoa, not the dairy substance.
>
> Wendy

and the onion and cabbage
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 06:43 AM, Susan wrote:
> Addition: sometimes I have smoked brook trout filet

You know what this means? NO MORE CATCH AND RELEASE!

Fresh Brook trout: butter, rosemary, S & P is so good!

-T

Any excuse to go (trout) fishing. It is an obsession.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
> On 03/04/2013 11:55 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Sriracha sauce

> Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.
>
> Thank you!

Some are really good. Some real hot and not much flavor. Some too vinegary.

> Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

I am. When my FBG is under 90 mg/dL, I'll have a little bit of carbs with
my brekkie.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/07/2013 12:12 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> Todd > wrote:
>> On 03/04/2013 11:55 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
>>> Sriracha sauce

>> Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.
>>
>> Thank you!

> Some are really good. Some real hot and not much flavor. Some too vinegary.
>
>> Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

> I am. When my FBG is under 90 mg/dL, I'll have a little bit of carbs with
> my brekkie.

This morning was 112 mg/dL, which is one of my best. Got a ways to
go to target of 85.

I do miss hash browns with rosemary
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
> On 03/07/2013 12:12 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Todd > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hmmm. Hot sauce. I have some coming. Can't wait.
> >>
> >> Thank you!

> > Some are really good. Some real hot and not much flavor. Some too
> > vinegary.
> >
> >> Potatoes? Are you non-insulin T2?

> > I am. When my FBG is under 90 mg/dL, I'll have a little bit of carbs
> > with my brekkie.

> This morning was 112 mg/dL, which is one of my best. Got a ways to
> go to target of 85.
>
> I do miss hash browns with rosemary

I target between 80 and 100. Sometimes it's in the 70's. That's when I'll
have a slice of bread or toast before brekkie. I like my sunnysides on my
hash browns.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
> a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 03/05/2013 06:43 AM, Susan wrote:
> > Addition: sometimes I have smoked brook trout filet

> You know what this means? NO MORE CATCH AND RELEASE!
>
> Fresh Brook trout: butter, rosemary, S & P is so good!

Amen. Few things are better than pan fried trout.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> I do miss hash browns with rosemary

Have you considered cooking some other vegetable(s) as if they were the
potatoes in hash browns? Shred zucchini, salt it to pull the water out,
then rinse it and press it in a strainer. Use it as if it's shredded
potato. Presto! Hashed brown zucchini!

Bon appetit!

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
> Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.

Steak and eggs is a classic American breakfast. Most of us can't afford
it anymore, though. I suspect it was a farm breakfast dish originally.

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article
Peppermint Patootie > wrote:

> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
> > I do miss hash browns with rosemary

> Have you considered cooking some other vegetable(s) as if they were the
> potatoes in hash browns? Shred zucchini, salt it to pull the water out,
> then rinse it and press it in a strainer. Use it as if it's shredded
> potato. Presto! Hashed brown zucchini!

Last summer, when my garden was over-producing zucchini, I made zucchini
latkes. Yummy!

PP
- Chris Malcolm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/11/2013 03:23 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
>> Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.

> Steak and eggs is a classic American breakfast. Most of us can't afford
> it anymore, though. I suspect it was a farm breakfast dish originally.
>
> PP

Hi PP,

I wait till the natural Sirloin Tip roasts go on sale at Raley's.
Then have the butcher slice them up what is called "Bottom Sirloin
Steaks". Then freeze what I don't immediately use.

Helps the pocket book.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/11/2013 03:21 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> I do miss hash browns with rosemary

> Have you considered cooking some other vegetable(s) as if they were the
> potatoes in hash browns? Shred zucchini, salt it to pull the water out,
> then rinse it and press it in a strainer. Use it as if it's shredded
> potato. Presto! Hashed brown zucchini!
>
> Bon appetit!
>
> PP

Hi PP,

Hadn't considered it. But am now. Thank you!

No Rosemary?

Two years ago, had four zucchini plants. Got one
zuc each off each one. Last year five nice plants.
Got two each of each one. AHHHH! These things are
suppose to be easy to grow! (Fresh, out of the
garden, zuks are a delicacy!)

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/11/2013 03:15 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
>> a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

> Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I have
> to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
> shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!
>
> Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
> milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.
>
> PP

Hi PP,

Thank you!

I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 03/11/2013 03:15 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
> >> a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

> > Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I have
> > to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
> > shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!
> >
> > Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
> > milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.
> >
> > PP
> >

> Hi PP,
>
> Thank you!
>
> I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.
>
> -T

Get a heavy, non-stick, omelet pan.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> But you need a fair amount of protein at breakfast IMO, that's why I
> choose eggs. You could have chicken, beef, fish etc if you prefer. More
> rather than less protein can sometimes prevent a spike if there are any
> carbs in the meal.
>

> "Todd" wrote in message ...
>
> On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> > Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
> > scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
> > tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
> > bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
> > breakfast.

> Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!
>
> -T

I thought bacon, and lunch meats were all on nutritionist's hit lists.

Caught in the middle again. February 13, 2013, A new study from the
University of Oxford finds vegetarians live longer than people who eat
meat or fish.

Researchers followed 45,000 adults for nearly 20 years, and found that
vegetarians had a 30 percent lower risk for heart disease.

They say vegetarians had lower blood pressure and cholesterol than those
who ate meat, which could be contributing to their reduced risk for
heart problems.

Doctors say cutting the amount of salt in the American diet could save
hundreds of millions of lives. (heart failure)

And then there is Dr. Mario Martinez, who says that there are no 100
year old Vegans.

What's a boy supposed to do?

Oy.

--
Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
or
E Pluribus Unum
Next time vote Green Party

Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Mr.Smartypants[_2_] Vegan 0 22-09-2009 08:43 PM
Insulin History-Dlife Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 05-11-2007 06:40 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 02:48 AM
Insulin Pump Gregory Poche Diabetic 7 03-03-2005 04:44 AM
Insulin puffers story [email protected] Diabetic 1 25-10-2003 03:51 PM