Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Hi All,

Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).

Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!

Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*

Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Many thanks,
-T

Old 05-03-2013, 04:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
breakfast.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).

Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!

Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*

Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Many thanks,
-T

A meal like that would spike me because it doesn't have enough carbs in it.
Insulin or no insulin.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 08:38 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

Had ~ 1-1/4 cups of cabbage for breakfast (contains a slight amount
of onyawn and a bit of bacon). And a cup of my 99:99 chicken
broth. 1/2 hr later did some exercise (jogging).

Hit 179 mg/dL a half hour later. Yikes!

Two Cinnulins, two Mulberries, and two hours later back down to
120 mg/dL. *ĦAy, caramba!*

Seems to me I am eating the wrong thing for breakfast. (And
maybe I am jogging at the wrong time.)

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Many thanks,
-T

A meal like that would spike me because it doesn't have enough carbs in it.
Insulin or no insulin.

I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
feed an army

Old 05-03-2013, 05:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
breakfast.

Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!

-T

Old 05-03-2013, 05:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

But you need a fair amount of protein at breakfast IMO, that's why I
choose eggs. You could have chicken, beef, fish etc if you prefer. More
rather than less protein can sometimes prevent a spike if there are any
carbs in the meal.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 09:52 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
But you need a fair amount of protein at breakfast IMO, that's why I
choose eggs. You could have chicken, beef, fish etc if you prefer. More
rather than less protein can sometimes prevent a spike if there are any
carbs in the meal.

Great advice. Thank you.

My overly helpful liver loves to do the "wakie wakie"
thing -- "rise and shiny you old ...".

I have been trying to eat something the second I roll out of
bed, even if it is just collage cheese. Did not help this
morning.

Maybe I should try eating a handful of nuts -- lots of
protein and fat.

I did this thing on Saturday with sliced ham where I put cheese
in the middle and fried it. My wife loved it, but I thought it
came out kind of gross. Called it Egg McNoMuffin.

I can only eat two soft boiled eggs at a time or I get
nauseated. (They are farm fresh organic eggs too! They
are VERY good.)

Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

-T

Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/04/2013 09:55 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.
I am eating at your house from now on!

:-)

Love it!

Oh you know what? I just ordered a bottle of hot sauce from
Swanson ($3.49 with a additional 15% discount):

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/ariz...5-fl-oz-liquid

Eggs did not come to mind, but just maybe ...

Thank you for the recommendations!

-T

Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:00:52 AM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
[snip] Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

-T

One of my neighbors puts soy sauce on them. I crumble up bacon and put that on my scrambled eggs.

Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles wrote:
On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:00:52 AM UTC-6, Todd wrote:
[snip] Any tricks to make eggs taste good or differently?

One of my neighbors puts soy sauce on them. I crumble up bacon and put
that on my scrambled eggs.

Have you thought of devilled eggs? How about omelets?

I like my eggs sunnyside up, with the white denatured and the yolk liquid.
Served on a patty of hash brown potatoes, with a couple of pork sausages
and some Sriracha sauce. Heaven!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to them.
I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:25 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" wrote in message
On 03/04/2013 09:55 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
I forgot to add, sometimes I have tex mex steak. Cook a piece of steak,
spread it with salsa, top that with jalapenos (the sort you get in a jar
etc) and top with cheese, put under the grill/broiler.

Now that just takes the cake. I am incensed. Totally outraged!
Outraged I tell you! Steak for breakfast! That just does it.
I am eating at your house from now on!

:-)

Love it!

Oh you know what? I just ordered a bottle of hot sauce from
Swanson ($3.49 with a additional 15% discount):

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/ariz...5-fl-oz-liquid

Eggs did not come to mind, but just maybe ...

Thank you for the recommendations!

-T

I didn't know that Swanson sold hot sauce now! They are selling more and
more food.

We had neighbors who ate steak for breakfast every morning. The mother was
from some place in South America. Ecuador I think. They ate so many steaks
that they bought them in bulk. Both she and her daughter were very slim.
We went out for Mexican food with them once. Both of the girls had a kid's
meal but the mom ordered some kind of a big steak and gave each of the girls
a piece. They wolfed it right down. Angela seems to think that she doesn't
like steak but she sure seems to eat it well any time she gets it. I did
love it as a young child...like under the age of 12. Don't think I ate it
much at all after that. For some reason it would sit in my stomach like a
lead weight and make me feel unwell.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/05/2013 01:21 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I forgot to throw in the hot chocolate. I figured it at about
14 carbs. My liver must have enough glycogen stored in it to
feed an army

Well then I don't know. I would never have carbs in the form of milk or
especially hot chocolate. I prefer my carbs to have more substance to them.
I would say that hot chocolate would likely spike you though.

Carbs come from the cocoa powder. The milk is heavy whipping cream. No
carbs.

Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Mr.Smartypants[_2_] Vegan 0 22-09-2009 08:43 PM
Insulin History-Dlife Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 05-11-2007 05:40 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 01:48 AM
Insulin Pump Gregory Poche Diabetic 7 03-03-2005 03:44 AM
Insulin puffers story [email protected] Diabetic 1 25-10-2003 03:51 PM