Diabetic (alt.food.diabetic) This group is for the discussion of controlled-portion eating plans for the dietary management of diabetes.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #46 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-03-2013, 08:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,390
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Todd wrote:
: On 03/12/2013 11:15 PM, Billy wrote:
: Wait for the butter to bubble in a nice cast iron skillet before adding
: the wisked eggs, and cream.

: Just eggs and cream? Any s & p?
That is up to you and your taste buds. For me I always put s&p in my
omeletes, scrambled or sunny side up eggs.

Wendy


  #47 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 13-03-2013, 10:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 45,114
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?


"Todd" wrote in message
...
On 03/13/2013 12:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I must be the odd one out then. Got high BP at about age 25 and high
cholesterol by about age 35. I was a vegetarian.


Hi Julie,

Not odd. The cholesterol thing is pure Bull S---. Take a look
at the following:

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf


I don't know what that link has to do with anything. I did have high
cholesterol but when I quit smoking, I no longer did.

And, where it all started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xbFQc2kxm9c


Sorry. Not into videos.

Your liver creates what cholesterol you need. And every cell in your
body needs it. And, EVERY hormone (read insulin) uses it as a
precursor.


I didn't say that the body didn't need it.


  #48 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-03-2013, 07:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/13/2013 11:22 AM, Billy wrote:
Also they eat zero carbs. And they
have no diabetes, no heart disease, no cancer, and no "white man's
diseases".


Do areas still exist without trading posts (white bread, canned
sausage, booze)?
Yes, meat needs to be eaten raw to preserve its vitamin C, but
do the Inuits have greater longevity? I'm sure this is a nature/nurture
thing, and as usual there isn't anything to be done about nature, so we
are left with nurturing longevity.


Great point. When the trading posts came, things went to hell.

Here is a good article on it:
http://www.theiflife.com/the-inuit-p...se-and-cancer/

From the article:
Summing Up

Ok.got all that? Whew.Yes I know alot to read.but loads
important points. Lets summarize:

The Inuit ate a diet high in meat and fat, low in fruits and
vegetables and still had low rates of heart disease and cancer
(sadly only recently when more modernization came to them in the
form of convenience stores, soda and other processed foods did you
see the illnesses start to increase. Once sugar came to them.
things went sour)

Their meat they ate was completely different from the meat you are
eating. Theirs was wild, fresh, sometimes raw, seal and other animals
that you are probably not going to eat. Not to mention they also ate
the organ meats, which again.most people are not going to do. Because
the animals were wild they were also not fed grains, contained good
amounts of Omega 3s and low amounts of Omega 6sthe opposite of
modern meats.


So I would say, it's is what is in the meat.

Think about the vegetarian lifestyle. If you go purely
vegetarian, the lack of animal nutrition will kill you.
(vitamin B12, etc.). This is not a more healthy anything.

In the third world it is not an issue as vegetarians get
their animal nutrition from all the bugs and bug eggs
in their grains. Also, a lot of them eat figs, which
are extremely high in animal nutrition (if you like and
can still eat figs, don't look at the internals of
a fig under a microscope).

In the west, very few vegetarians are actually true
vegetarians. I have made a habit of asking them
and almost all of them eat fish, eggs, milks and so
forth. Had an interesting conversation with one who
said she would not eat anything with a face. In other
words, nothing cuter than she was. She ate fish and
chicken. Ahem. Both have faces and I think chickens
are quite a bit cuter than she was. They are
also hysterical. (Don't get me started on how pretty
trout are.) With her, it was all about condescending.
What an idiot. I guess she cuts her fish heads off
so they can't stare up at her from her plate and
ask "why?"

Complete vegetarians, which are vary rare, get
very sick eventually. Brain damage and all from
lack of B12, etc.. The one true vegetarian I
have know, got so sick, her doctor told her
to either add a bit of chicken to her diet or
she was going to die. She did and recovered.
She was a really sweet lady too: no condescending
at all. I am glad she recovered.

So, if the study you cite is actually legitimate and
not vegetarian propaganda (pure vegetarian will kill
you where pure meat will not), than I do believe it
is what is in the meat, not the meat itself. We
are not carrion eaters. That is for vultures and ants.
If it moves, it is food. If it doesn't, step over it.
As a society, we eat some pretty discussing meat.

I would also posit that vegetarians tend to eat more
organic stuff than the general population. (Even if
they are not really true vegetarians.) They tend
to be more health conscientious.

In my opinion, buy organic and CSA (community supported
agriculture) whenever possible. And find a friend that hunts.


Or grow a garden, and buy organic.


1+

I suck as a farmer. I will try again this year.


I have a customer that got a moose the year before and it was
more than his family could eat. What a treat! An elk the year
before that. (I hate venison.)

-T


Sadly, I still, occasionally, get the lust for salami.


The hunter I mentioned has his own salami maker. He made
up a bunch of moose salami last year. It was *insanely good*.
No chemicals either. Smokes with with real wood or something,
I don't remember the exact process. He is thinking of going
for an elk this year.

Maybe you could look into your own salami maker?

I am babbling, aren't I?

-T





  #49 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-03-2013, 08:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/13/2013 02:08 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message
...
On 03/13/2013 12:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
I must be the odd one out then. Got high BP at about age 25 and high
cholesterol by about age 35. I was a vegetarian.


Hi Julie,

Not odd. The cholesterol thing is pure Bull S---. Take a look
at the following:

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf


I don't know what that link has to do with anything. I did have high
cholesterol but when I quit smoking, I no longer did.


That is because you did not read the link. No problem: no one
likes to be given a homework assignment.

I will summarize for you. The study was posted in the American
Heart Association's journal called Circulation. It is an "autopsy
study" on "Serum Cholesterol and Atherosclerosis in Man". Here is the
conclusion:

No correlation could be observed between the serum
cholesterol level and the amount and severity of
atheroselerosis in the arteries.

In other words, cholesterol and atherosclerosis is pure Bull S---.
And there are lots of other autopsy study with the same conclusion.


And, where it all started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xbFQc2kxm9c


Sorry. Not into videos.


Oh my goodness, you missed a good one. It is Senator McGovern
jumping chiming in to criticism of their being no evidence:

I can only argue that as I senator I do not have the
luxury that a research scientist has to wait for every last
shread of evidence to come in.

These wasn't and isn't any at all. This is of interest to me as
I wonder a lot if this monkey shine is not being pulled
on diabetics. (So far as I can tell, things are legitimate.
Although, I think a lot of the diabetes drugs will end their
life cycles in class action suites.) Statin-induced rhabdomyolysis
is a nasty way to die.



Your liver creates what cholesterol you need. And every cell in your
body needs it. And, EVERY hormone (read insulin) uses it as a
precursor.


I didn't say that the body didn't need it.


Lowering it is dangerous. Would you like a research article
on how cholesterol is actually protective against atherosclerosis?

-T


  #50 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 16-03-2013, 11:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 65
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/13/2013 11:22 AM, Billy wrote:
Also they eat zero carbs. And they
have no diabetes, no heart disease, no cancer, and no "white man's
diseases".


Do areas still exist without trading posts (white bread, canned
sausage, booze)?
Yes, meat needs to be eaten raw to preserve its vitamin C, but
do the Inuits have greater longevity? I'm sure this is a nature/nurture
thing, and as usual there isn't anything to be done about nature, so we
are left with nurturing longevity.


Great point. When the trading posts came, things went to hell.

Here is a good article on it:
http://www.theiflife.com/the-inuit-p...disease-and-ca
ncer/

From the article:
Summing Up

Ok.got all that? Whew.Yes I know alot to read.but loads
important points. Lets summarize:

The Inuit ate a diet high in meat and fat, low in fruits and
vegetables and still had low rates of heart disease and cancer
(sadly only recently when more modernization came to them in the
form of convenience stores, soda and other processed foods did you
see the illnesses start to increase. Once sugar came to them.
things went sour)

Their meat they ate was completely different from the meat you are
eating. Theirs was wild, fresh, sometimes raw, seal and other animals
that you are probably not going to eat. Not to mention they also ate
the organ meats, which again.most people are not going to do. Because
the animals were wild they were also not fed grains, contained good
amounts of Omega 3s and low amounts of Omega 6sthe opposite of
modern meats.


So I would say, it's is what is in the meat.

Think about the vegetarian lifestyle. If you go purely
vegetarian, the lack of animal nutrition will kill you.
(vitamin B12, etc.). This is not a more healthy anything.

In the third world it is not an issue as vegetarians get
their animal nutrition from all the bugs and bug eggs
in their grains. Also, a lot of them eat figs, which
are extremely high in animal nutrition (if you like and
can still eat figs, don't look at the internals of
a fig under a microscope).

In the west, very few vegetarians are actually true
vegetarians. I have made a habit of asking them
and almost all of them eat fish, eggs, milks and so
forth. Had an interesting conversation with one who
said she would not eat anything with a face. In other
words, nothing cuter than she was. She ate fish and
chicken. Ahem. Both have faces and I think chickens
are quite a bit cuter than she was. They are
also hysterical. (Don't get me started on how pretty
trout are.) With her, it was all about condescending.
What an idiot. I guess she cuts her fish heads off
so they can't stare up at her from her plate and
ask "why?"

Complete vegetarians, which are vary rare, get
very sick eventually. Brain damage and all from
lack of B12, etc.. The one true vegetarian I
have know, got so sick, her doctor told her
to either add a bit of chicken to her diet or
she was going to die. She did and recovered.
She was a really sweet lady too: no condescending
at all. I am glad she recovered.

So, if the study you cite is actually legitimate and


http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677008/

not vegetarian propaganda (pure vegetarian will kill
you where pure meat will not),

A bit of an overstatement, B1 can be supplemented, or yeast can be added
to diet. Protein matching (corn & rice), or Quinoa can give essential
amino acids, and chocolate is a good source of tryptophan.

But,

Somewhere between 30 and 50 percent of the girls and women seeking
treatment for anorexia and bulimia are vegetarian. About a third of
the patients at the eating disorders program at Bloomington Hospital in
Bloomington, Indiana, are vegetarian. At the Harvard Eating Disorder
Clinic it's the same. Sheri Weitz, a nutrition therapist for the Radder
Institute in Los Angeles has fully half her clients identifying as
vegetarian.

The vegetarian women and girls who turn up at eating disorder
clinics in such huge numbers didn't start as anorexics who just hap-
pened to choose a vegetarian diet. It was the other way around. They
started by choosing vegetarianism, and the lack of tryptophan trig-
gered an eating disorder. Zinc deficiency also plays a role in mood dis-
orders and obsessive compulsive behavior, including eating disorders.
And a zinc deficiency is easy to court as a vegetarian.

And dieting produces its own biochemistry. Specifically, the lack
of tryptophan, zinc, and niacin can trigger a full-blown eating disor-
der. Adolescents are most vulnerable because their bodies and brains
are still growing and have higher nutritional needs. Julia Ross has
treated teenage girls who became anorexic while on their very first
diet. The precipitating incident is, essentially, living in this female-
hating culture. What begins as simple dieting ends in an addictive
cycle of either binging and purging or plain starvation.

p. 230 - 31
The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability by Lierre Keith
http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Myt...ability/dp/160
4860804/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1281718588&sr=1-1
(Available at better libraries near you)

than I do believe it
is what is in the meat, not the meat itself. We
are not carrion eaters. That is for vultures and ants.
If it moves, it is food. If it doesn't, step over it.
As a society, we eat some pretty discussing meat.

I would also posit that vegetarians tend to eat more
organic stuff than the general population. (Even if
they are not really true vegetarians.) They tend
to be more health conscientious.

In my opinion, buy organic and CSA (community supported
agriculture) whenever possible. And find a friend that hunts.


Or grow a garden, and buy organic.


1+

I suck as a farmer. I will try again this year.


I have a customer that got a moose the year before and it was
more than his family could eat. What a treat! An elk the year
before that. (I hate venison.)

-T


Sadly, I still, occasionally, get the lust for salami.


The hunter I mentioned has his own salami maker. He made
up a bunch of moose salami last year. It was *insanely good*.
No chemicals either. Smokes with with real wood or something,
I don't remember the exact process. He is thinking of going
for an elk this year.

Maybe you could look into your own salami maker?

Thanks, but I usually avoid it.


I am babbling, aren't I?

-T


--
Welcome to the New America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg
or
E Pluribus Unum
Next time vote Green Party



  #51 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 17-03-2013, 02:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?


On 03/16/2013 03:26 PM, Billy wrote:
The precipitating incident is, essentially, living in this female-
hating culture. What begins as simple dieting ends in an addictive
cycle of either binging and purging or plain starvation.


snip for brevity

Wonderful exposition. You spent a lot of time writing
all that up. And, it explains a lot too. Thank you!

Fat bigotry affects both females and males. Employment,
medical, personal relationships, etc.. But, females do
take the brunt of it.

And that kind of non-sense only happened after the television.
We have calendars out here in Nevada filled with pictures
of the pioneer days. All, and I mean ALL, of the females
were fat babes. No one wanted a skinny one as they would
not last the winter. (Fat babes are also prettier, sweeter,
and more feminine. "And" they last through the winter.
Who wants a wife that looks like a 14 year old boy.)

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

-T


  #52 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 17-03-2013, 06:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Peppermint Patootie wrote:

In article , Todd
wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)


Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.

PP


Same here, except my cats don't like bacon. They do like to "wash the dish"
afterwards, before it goes into the real dishwasher :-)

Chopped spinach or leaf parsley on the omelette, a lid of sliced cheese.
In summer, substitute garden greens. Pick'em when I go out to get the
newspaper.
  #53 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 17-03-2013, 06:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Billy wrote:

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/11/2013 03:15 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I
have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.

PP


Hi PP,

Thank you!

I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.

-T


Get a heavy, non-stick, omelet pan.


and use butter, not oil. If I use butter there is no stick problem on the
cast-iron skillet I use. And lifting the skillet is strength exercise ...
I heard the eggs should be left out of the fridge overnight, for the
fluffiest omelette.


  #54 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2013, 12:01 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 65
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/16/2013 03:26 PM, Billy wrote:
The precipitating incident is, essentially, living in this female-
hating culture. What begins as simple dieting ends in an addictive
cycle of either binging and purging or plain starvation.


snip for brevity

Wonderful exposition. You spent a lot of time writing
all that up. And, it explains a lot too. Thank you!

Fat bigotry affects both females and males. Employment,
medical, personal relationships, etc.. But, females do
take the brunt of it.

And that kind of non-sense only happened after the television.
We have calendars out here in Nevada filled with pictures
of the pioneer days. All, and I mean ALL, of the females
were fat babes. No one wanted a skinny one as they would
not last the winter. (Fat babes are also prettier, sweeter,
and more feminine. "And" they last through the winter.
Who wants a wife that looks like a 14 year old boy.)

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

-T


My only point is that there is a certain set of concerns when you become
a vegetarian,including B12, tryptophan, or zinc.

Then there is the question of what drives a person to vegetarianism,
health, esthetics, ethics? Whereas a bald, pot-bellied, man may look in
a mirror and say, "not too bad", women who are held to more rigorous
level of perfection, commonly will see a greater divergence from the
norm. We are all affected by media ideal of what it is to be feminine,
masculine, ***, straight, or of indigenous, European, Asian, or African
heritage.

--
Welcome to the New America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg
or
E Pluribus Unum
Next time vote Green Party

  #55 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2013, 12:18 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 65
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

In article ,
Bjrn Steensrud wrote:

Billy wrote:

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/11/2013 03:15 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I
have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug of
milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the summer.

PP


Hi PP,

Thank you!

I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.

-T


Get a heavy, non-stick, omelet pan.


and use butter, not oil. If I use butter there is no stick problem on the
cast-iron skillet I use. And lifting the skillet is strength exercise ...
I heard the eggs should be left out of the fridge overnight, for the
fluffiest omelette.


Lastly, try to find "real" free range (pastured) eggs. The fresher the
eggs, and the butter are the better, said Mme. Annette Poulard.

--
Welcome to the New America.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg
or
E Pluribus Unum
Next time vote Green Party



  #56 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2013, 05:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/17/2013 04:01 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/16/2013 03:26 PM, Billy wrote:
The precipitating incident is, essentially, living in this female-
hating culture. What begins as simple dieting ends in an addictive
cycle of either binging and purging or plain starvation.


snip for brevity

Wonderful exposition. You spent a lot of time writing
all that up. And, it explains a lot too. Thank you!

Fat bigotry affects both females and males. Employment,
medical, personal relationships, etc.. But, females do
take the brunt of it.

And that kind of non-sense only happened after the television.
We have calendars out here in Nevada filled with pictures
of the pioneer days. All, and I mean ALL, of the females
were fat babes. No one wanted a skinny one as they would
not last the winter. (Fat babes are also prettier, sweeter,
and more feminine. "And" they last through the winter.
Who wants a wife that looks like a 14 year old boy.)

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

-T


My only point is that there is a certain set of concerns when you become
a vegetarian,including B12, tryptophan, or zinc.


Don't forget Acetyl L-Carnitine and Carnosine. I think it is the height
of arrogance to think our science can tell us everything to supplement
with when you are doing something unnatural. Eventually we will be
able to, but, I would posit, not before we develop long term frame
space travel. (I pity the first victims. The space station may be
solving some of the riddle.)


Then there is the question of what drives a person to vegetarianism,
health, esthetics, ethics? Whereas a bald, pot-bellied, man may look in
a mirror and say, "not too bad",


Okay, you got me there, although I have never said "not too bad". It
is more like "OH DUUUUUUUUDE!" :-)

women who are held to more rigorous
level of perfection,


No disagreement arguement there. It always rankles when I
see studies were they have a skinny girl apply for a job and
then put the exact same woman in a fat suite and apply for
the same job.

I worked at an aerospace company about 30 years ago where
all the raises and promotions went first to the pretty girls,
second to all the guys, and last to the ugly girls. It
was really irritating as I and other worked our asses off and
got no where. If a pretty girl broke her finger nail, everyone
swooped to her rescue (not me); if an ugly girl lay bleeding
on the floor, everyone (not me) would step over her. And,
fat was the kiss of death.


Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)


You are killing me here!

-T



  #57 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2013, 05:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 45,114
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?


"Todd" wrote in message
...
On 03/17/2013 04:01 PM, Billy wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/16/2013 03:26 PM, Billy wrote:
The precipitating incident is, essentially, living in this female-
hating culture. What begins as simple dieting ends in an addictive
cycle of either binging and purging or plain starvation.

snip for brevity

Wonderful exposition. You spent a lot of time writing
all that up. And, it explains a lot too. Thank you!

Fat bigotry affects both females and males. Employment,
medical, personal relationships, etc.. But, females do
take the brunt of it.

And that kind of non-sense only happened after the television.
We have calendars out here in Nevada filled with pictures
of the pioneer days. All, and I mean ALL, of the females
were fat babes. No one wanted a skinny one as they would
not last the winter. (Fat babes are also prettier, sweeter,
and more feminine. "And" they last through the winter.
Who wants a wife that looks like a 14 year old boy.)

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)

-T


My only point is that there is a certain set of concerns when you become
a vegetarian,including B12, tryptophan, or zinc.


Don't forget Acetyl L-Carnitine and Carnosine. I think it is the height
of arrogance to think our science can tell us everything to supplement
with when you are doing something unnatural. Eventually we will be
able to, but, I would posit, not before we develop long term frame
space travel. (I pity the first victims. The space station may be
solving some of the riddle.)


What's unnatural? Are you calling vegetarianism unnatural?


Then there is the question of what drives a person to vegetarianism,
health, esthetics, ethics? Whereas a bald, pot-bellied, man may look in
a mirror and say, "not too bad",


Okay, you got me there, although I have never said "not too bad". It
is more like "OH DUUUUUUUUDE!" :-)

women who are held to more rigorous
level of perfection,


No disagreement arguement there. It always rankles when I
see studies were they have a skinny girl apply for a job and
then put the exact same woman in a fat suite and apply for
the same job.

What's a fat suite?

I worked at an aerospace company about 30 years ago where
all the raises and promotions went first to the pretty girls,
second to all the guys, and last to the ugly girls. It
was really irritating as I and other worked our asses off and
got no where. If a pretty girl broke her finger nail, everyone
swooped to her rescue (not me); if an ugly girl lay bleeding
on the floor, everyone (not me) would step over her. And,
fat was the kiss of death.


Guess you worked in the wrong industry then.

Are you a girl or a guy? ("Billy" could be either.)


You are killing me here!

-T





  #58 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2013, 07:24 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 720
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/17/2013 09:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What's unnatural? Are you calling vegetarianism unnatural?


Yes. Our eyes on the front of our heads, not the sides.
We can not eat grass. We are born virtually blind and
helpless. We can not run 30 minutes after being born.
We do not have two stomaches. Yada, Yada, Yada.

We are "omnivores", like bears. Except that bears are
carrion eaters, unless you think hot dogs are carrion,
then we are just like bears.

By the way, lack of Acetyl L-Carnitine causes neuropathy.
See what I am getting at?

Vegetarianism is unnatural. We are not cows or horses.

What's a fat suite?


It is a rubber suite that makes you look fat. Pretty
realistic looking too. Lots of bigotry against fat people
out there.

  #59 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2013, 08:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 45,114
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?


"Todd" wrote in message
...
On 03/17/2013 09:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What's unnatural? Are you calling vegetarianism unnatural?


Yes. Our eyes on the front of our heads, not the sides.
We can not eat grass. We are born virtually blind and
helpless. We can not run 30 minutes after being born.
We do not have two stomaches. Yada, Yada, Yada.


We can eat grass. One of my customers bought bags of grass seed on a
regular basis to be used for sprouts. He ate them. Granted, most people
don't eat grass but we could. And no, we don't have two stomachs. Are you
comparing us to cows? Because cows can eat corn too. Are you saying that
we can't eat corn? These days cows eat all sorts of things. Well, some
cows anyway.

We are "omnivores", like bears. Except that bears are
carrion eaters, unless you think hot dogs are carrion,
then we are just like bears.


No we're not. Just because we *can* eat things doesn't mean that we should.

By the way, lack of Acetyl L-Carnitine causes neuropathy.
See what I am getting at?

Nope. Except that you seem very misguided on a lot of things. Cite for
lack of Acetyl L-Carnitine causing neuropathy?

Vegetarianism is unnatural. We are not cows or horses.


It's not unnatural for me or all of the other vegetarians and vegans on the
face of this earth.

What's a fat suite?


It is a rubber suite that makes you look fat. Pretty
realistic looking too. Lots of bigotry against fat people
out there.


A rubber suite? Do you even know what a suite is?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suite?s=t&path=/

I'm pretty sure that you meant suit.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suit?s=t

Those fat suits that I have seen make the person look grossly obese. I have
never been grossly obese. I have been fat. I am fat. I have been thin. I
have been very thin. Some of the most cruel remarks that people made to and
about me came about when I was thin. As a fat person, I have only ever had
one person make comments about my weight. That person makes nasty comments
to and about any person who is overweight. He himself is very overweight.
More overweight than I am. This person has a lot of other issues and isn't
the most socially adept person. So his comments to me are meaningless.

Yes, I have seen those shows on TV and read magazine articles and such about
how the people in the fat suits were mistreated. But it could also be that
they were carrying themselves differently than normal. I just don't know.
I see plenty of fat people around here. People who are fatter than me.
I've yet to hear anyone make a disparaging comment about them.

My dad was and is fat. He had a very good career. Went far up in the
company. His weight didn't affect that at all.


  #60 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2013, 10:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 103
Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

Billy wrote:

In article ,
Bj�rn Steensrud wrote:

Billy wrote:

In article , Todd
wrote:

On 03/11/2013 03:15 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article , Todd
wrote:

What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast? (I have developed
a distaste for ["my"] eggs. Rats!)

Eggs: fried, scrambled, omelets. Sometimes with bacon (although I
have
to share that with the cats. One of my favorite omelets is with
shredded "mexican" cheese and salsa. YUM!

Accompanied by a big mug of hot tea with a spoon of sugar and a glug
of milk in the winter and iced tea with sugar and lemon in the
summer.

PP


Hi PP,

Thank you!

I am going to have to try my hand at omelets again.

-T

Get a heavy, non-stick, omelet pan.


and use butter, not oil. If I use butter there is no stick problem on the
cast-iron skillet I use. And lifting the skillet is strength exercise ...
I heard the eggs should be left out of the fridge overnight, for the
fluffiest omelette.


Lastly, try to find "real" free range (pastured) eggs. The fresher the
eggs, and the butter are the better, said Mme. Annette Poulard.


I always do. They are marked "ecological" here, the "free range" marking
just means that the hens are shut in a large barn instead of individual
cages. "Eco" means among other factors that weather permitting they can go
outside. Price is just a bit higher but quite affordable.






Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 Mr.Smartypants[_2_] Vegan 0 22-09-2009 08:43 PM
Insulin History-Dlife Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 05-11-2007 06:40 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 02:48 AM
Insulin Pump Gregory Poche Diabetic 7 03-03-2005 04:44 AM
Insulin puffers story [email protected] Diabetic 1 25-10-2003 03:51 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017