Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

On 03/22/2013 06:23 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> I just remembered something. I just saw a recipe for meat loaf
> "cupcakes" that jogged my memory A late poster here, JC Hartmann,
> used to make batches of meat loaf in muffin tins at night and heat up a
> couple every morning for a quick business person's breakfast. Another
> friend "Adam" cooks up hard boiled eggs by the dozen for quick and easy
> breakfasts and snacks. When low carb meals and snacks are already
> prepared it makes it easier to eat right in my opinion. At times when
> there is nothing prepared in my fridge I have been known to take the
> easy way out and make a peanut butter sandwich.... At good times I have
> hard boiled eggs, muffin size frittatas, crudités, olives, meats etc. at
> the ready in the fridge. Another poster, Alan S, often has his low carb
> beef stew for breakfast. Yesterday at lunch, when my mouth was so sore
> and that one sensitive tooth howled every time I accidentally chewed
> with it, I opened a can of salmon, poured a bit of balsamic vinegar over
> it on the plate and scarfed it down. Afternoon tea was some ice-cream
> and tub of WW mango jelly with peaches Dinner was fried eggs and
> mushrooms, unfortunately the mushies hurt the tooth too much to eat.

Hi Oz,

Ouch! Get that tooth looked at.

Thank you for the tips! I make soft boiled eggs occasionally,
but can only eat a few and I am still hungry afterward.
Maybe I just don't know what to prepare them with?

That meat loaf thing sounds interesting. Any favorite
formulas/recipes?

-T