Old 11-06-2021, 11:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

-sw

Old 11-06-2021, 11:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2021 3:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

-sw

What foods can dogs not resist that comes in shatterproof glass jars?
Old 11-06-2021, 11:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2021 3:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

-sw

What foods can dogs not resist that comes in ***NON***shatterproof glass
jars?

Old 12-06-2021, 12:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-11 6:31 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

It was happening here for a while but I haven't seen it much lately.
Maybe it is the pandemic and the whackos with phony service dogs have
locked themselves down.

We had an incident at our art festival a couple years ago. I was working
the wine bar when I saw two young boys walking a dog. Actually, the dog
was walking them. It had a harness and Serve Dog patch on it. It was on
a long, long lead and out of control and I immediately realized it was
no service dog. It turned out to be the "service dog" of the younger
brother of a young artist. The kid was autaustic or something.We had a
serious complaint from another artist who claimed to be violently
allergic to dogs. We adopted a policy that we would admit only certified
service dogs.

Even that can be an issue because there are outfits online who sell
certificates. There is always a sale on, so for $149.95 you can get the
whole deal, the leash, harness, Service Dog patch, and a certificate
that you can fill in for yourself.

Apparently the province of British Columbia has passed a law dealing
with service animals. They have to be trained for a specific task and
then certified by the authourities. There is a hefty fine for trying to
pass off a service animal as being certified if it is not. I heard
recently that airlines have taken action to deny a lot of "service animals"

Old 12-06-2021, 12:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:11:29 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

[...]

Dave can never handle when someone has an advantage or a benefit that
he doesn't have. It awakens the green-eyed monster in him.

--
Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Old 12-06-2021, 12:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 5:31:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

A former tenant is getting sued because a dog she had there bit a guy,
and they are suing us too. The complainant doesn't have a leg to stand
on as far as holding us liable, but the person is just throwing spaghetti
at every wall, hoping that someone won't show up in court. If dogs
ceased to exist, I wouldn't miss them.

-sw

--Bryan
Old 12-06-2021, 12:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2021 6:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

-sw

I'd not say common but have seen it on occasion. Usually a woman.

I see service dogs frequently as we are five miles from a training
center and they brings a dog to the store on occasion, always well
behaved.

Old 12-06-2021, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:27:35 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
wrote:

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 5:31:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

A former tenant is getting sued because a dog she had there bit a guy,
and they are suing us too.

Americans are being American? Maybe you can counter-sue for the stress
their suing has caused you.

--
Bruce
Old 12-06-2021, 12:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Is that the only reason you vigorously sniff his ass?

Old 12-06-2021, 12:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Maybe you can sniff his ass more gently.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 6:29:38 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'd not say common but have seen it on occasion. Usually a woman.

Same here, but no large dogs in grocery stores. I do see large dogs
on leashes and in carts at Home Depot and Lowe's, though.