Old 12-06-2021, 04:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

On 2021-06-12 10:30 a.m., US Janet wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 17:31:02 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

-sw

I haven't seen dogs in supermarkets.......... Except occasionally in
Costco there will be a Service Dog in Training.

I have no problem with genuine service dogs or services dogs in
training. I do have issues with people taking their dogs into grocery
stores and restaurants when what they really need is a dolly or a teddy
bear. Here is how some of them get qualified. Note the usual special
deal. It is usually $250 but it is now (still) on special for $199. "You
get a vest with embroidered Service Dog Patches; (1) Personalized Wallet
card, (1) personalized metal collar tag and a booklet of information on
how to work with your dog in public."

https://www.servicedogscanada.org/certification/

or https://www.activedogs.com/page/213/...dog-vest-kits/

https://sitstay.com/collections/service-dog

Old 12-06-2021, 04:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-12 10:49 a.m., US Janet wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:25:16 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Of course you shouldn't leave a dog in the car, especially not if it's
the middle of summer and hot outside, even with the windows partly open.
I know most dogs love to take a ride in the car but I'd never have
taken my dog (yes, I had one a long time ago - a little mutt who lived
to be 19 years old) with me when I was going shopping for anything.

Jill

I often see dogs tied up outside the grocery store waiting for their
human. They are always quiet and no one pays them any attention.
I am hopeful that this summer we don't have multiple deaths of
children left in cars. How could a person go on living knowing they
left their child to die like that?

I had a dog that I could leave outside a store. He was an amazing dog
who needed a new home because problems in his old home. He had been very
well trained. He was so good in the car you would forget he was there. I
could tell him to sit when I went into a store and he would sit right
there and not move. Someone told me once that someone might try to
steal him. Good luck. He would not go. My son and my niece both had
experiences where they tried to take him for a walk and he slipped out
of his collar and ran back home.

Old 12-06-2021, 04:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-12 11:24 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 6/12/2021 10:49 AM, US Janet wrote:

The idea of leaving a child in a car is simply unfathonable to me.
Truly, I've been hearing PSA's on the radio [I'm paraphrasing but it's
pretty darn close] "Make sure you check the back seat when you get out
of the car and lock the doors."

How could anyone possibly *forget* they brought their child with them
when they went shopping?* Strapped in a car seat and car doors locked.
WTH is wrong with these people?

It happened about 50 miles from here a few years ago. I guy was supposed
to take his kid to day care. He forgot the kid was in the car and went
to work and the poor kid died.

One thing that really got me in this case was the lenient treatment for
the father. He got an absolute discharge. It ****ed me off that there
is harsh treatment for cases with a better outcome. A person could get a
heft fine or jail time for leaving a child... or a pet, in a car, and
heavier penalty if medical care was needed. This is a matter of a
worst case scenario, and IMO the worse cases should always result in a
more serious penalty.

!* The PSA says if you notice a child in
a car unattended and the doors are locked and you can't quickly locate
the parent use any means necessary *including* breaking a window on the
oppoosite side to get the child out and into fresh air.* And of course
call 911.* And start yelling your head off for help.

How sad is it that the world needs PSA reminders like this?* Kind of sucks.

It boggles the mind.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 18:49:46 -0500, Hank Rogers
wrote:

Dave Smith wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:27:35 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
wrote:

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 5:31:08 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
stores too?

Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to make
them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out of
purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2 or 3
wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them. And any
number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at other
customers or dogs at any given time.

Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
Why?

A former tenant is getting sued because a dog she had there bit a guy,
and they are suing us too.

Americans are being American? Maybe you can counter-sue for the stress
their suing has caused you.

Maybe you can sniff his ass more gently.

Sniff 'em, they're here master druce.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You can stop sniffing now.

Old 12-06-2021, 06:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

[...]

She has the odor of DESPERATION about her, Hank...her "tactic" of using The Real Dave Smith's name has rendered her useless and MOOT...it's like she's playing ping - pong without a ball, lol...

--
GM
Old 12-06-2021, 07:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:29:19 -0400, Dave Smith

On 2021-06-12 10:30 a.m., US Janet wrote:

I haven't seen dogs in supermarkets.......... Except occasionally in
Costco there will be a Service Dog in Training.

I have no problem with genuine service dogs or services dogs in
training.

Wow Dave, that's fantastic! No problem at all? You're not jealous that
they have 4 legs? FANTASTIC!

--
Bruce
Old 12-06-2021, 08:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-12 10:30 a.m., US Janet wrote:

I haven't seen dogs in supermarkets.......... Except occasionally in
Costco there will be a Service Dog in Training.

I have no problem with genuine service dogs or services dogs in
training.

Wow Dave, that's fantastic! No problem at all? You're not jealous that
they have 4 legs? FANTASTIC!

I see seeing eye dogs at the markets in town all the time.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 9:34:20 AM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:

Cats in a garden store are traditional/useful.
Janet US

There's a family owned, as old as dirt, hardware store with wooden floors,
about 6 blocks from me. They have cats that live there 24/7 and you'd
never know they are on the premises unless you see one sleeping in the
window.

The yellow cat, Oliver, loves in get into purses if you sit it down and it's
open.

https://i.postimg.cc/mZ9bxnd5/Cumberland-Hardware.jpg

Old 12-06-2021, 09:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 12-06-2021, 09:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 12-06-2021, 09:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking