Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

On 6/12/2021 8:35 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-12 4:40 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 6:31:08 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>> I can't recall the last time I saw a dog of any sort in any store.Â* A
>> local...
>> garden supply, I guess, has a cat.Â* Since it used to be "Hertler's
>> Feed Store",
>> the tradition may have started by the Hertlers keeping a mouser.Â* Now
>> it's all yuppified (can we still call it "yuppies" when we've all got
>> gray
>> hair?), but they still have a cat.
>>
>> OTOH, perhaps the people who grocery-shop at 6 or 7 am just aren't
>> the sort to bring their purse dog.Â* Their appearance suggests they're
>> more
>> likely to leave their rottweiler at home to guard their trailer.

> There are a number of non grocery stores around here that are pet
> friendly. One hardware store has a sign saying that they would rather
> you bring your dog into the store than to leave it in the car.

Of course you shouldn't leave a dog in the car, especially not if it's
the middle of summer and hot outside, even with the windows partly open.
I know most dogs love to take a ride in the car but I'd never have
taken my dog (yes, I had one a long time ago - a little mutt who lived
to be 19 years old) with me when I was going shopping for anything.

Jill