Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

On 2021-06-12 10:20 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/12/2021 8:38 AM, Gary wrote:
>> On 6/11/2021 9:39 PM, wrote:

>> PetSmart welcomes all pets in their stores.
>>

> Yes, they do, although I sort of wonder about that.Â* What happens if two
> dogs encounter each other and don't happen to like each other?Â* Of
> course they have to be on leashes but if something happens who is
> supposed to break up the fight?

That is what I wads thinking when I was in the hardware store and said
that if I had brought my dog in they would probably have the dog
friendly sign torn down before I got out of there. That was my Malinois
rescue. He turned into a loving dog eventually and he enjoyed a lot of
time at the leash free dog park, but if he was on a leash he had zero
tolerance for any dog in sight.

> I've never seen anyone take a dog into a *grocery* store.

I once commented to someone about the two dogs a couple losers brought
into the store and their response was that they are service dogs. There
is no doubt that those people had some issues. One of them would be
their belief that those silly little foofoo mutts had some sort of
medical power.