Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

On 6/12/2021 10:49 AM, US Janet wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:25:16 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> There are a number of non grocery stores around here that are pet
>>> friendly. One hardware store has a sign saying that they would rather
>>> you bring your dog into the store than to leave it in the car.

>> Of course you shouldn't leave a dog in the car, especially not if it's
>> the middle of summer and hot outside, even with the windows partly open.
>> I know most dogs love to take a ride in the car but I'd never have
>> taken my dog (yes, I had one a long time ago - a little mutt who lived
>> to be 19 years old) with me when I was going shopping for anything.
>>
>> Jill

> I often see dogs tied up outside the grocery store waiting for their
> human. They are always quiet and no one pays them any attention.
> I am hopeful that this summer we don't have multiple deaths of
> children left in cars. How could a person go on living knowing they
> left their child to die like that?
> Janet US

The idea of leaving a child in a car is simply unfathonable to me.
Truly, I've been hearing PSA's on the radio [I'm paraphrasing but it's
pretty darn close] "Make sure you check the back seat when you get out
of the car and lock the doors."

How could anyone possibly *forget* they brought their child with them
when they went shopping? Strapped in a car seat and car doors locked.
WTH is wrong with these people?! The PSA says if you notice a child in
a car unattended and the doors are locked and you can't quickly locate
the parent use any means necessary *including* breaking a window on the
oppoosite side to get the child out and into fresh air. And of course
call 911. And start yelling your head off for help.

How sad is it that the world needs PSA reminders like this? Kind of sucks.

Jill