Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

On 2021-06-12 11:24 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/12/2021 10:49 AM, US Janet wrote:

> The idea of leaving a child in a car is simply unfathonable to me.
> Truly, I've been hearing PSA's on the radio [I'm paraphrasing but it's
> pretty darn close] "Make sure you check the back seat when you get out
> of the car and lock the doors."
>
> How could anyone possibly *forget* they brought their child with them
> when they went shopping?Â* Strapped in a car seat and car doors locked.
> WTH is wrong with these people?

It happened about 50 miles from here a few years ago. I guy was supposed
to take his kid to day care. He forgot the kid was in the car and went
to work and the poor kid died.

One thing that really got me in this case was the lenient treatment for
the father. He got an absolute discharge. It ****ed me off that there
is harsh treatment for cases with a better outcome. A person could get a
heft fine or jail time for leaving a child... or a pet, in a car, and
heavier penalty if medical care was needed. This is a matter of a
worst case scenario, and IMO the worse cases should always result in a
more serious penalty.

!Â* The PSA says if you notice a child in
> a car unattended and the doors are locked and you can't quickly locate
> the parent use any means necessary *including* breaking a window on the
> oppoosite side to get the child out and into fresh air.Â* And of course
> call 911.Â* And start yelling your head off for help.
>
> How sad is it that the world needs PSA reminders like this?Â* Kind of sucks.

It boggles the mind.