Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

On 2021-06-12 10:49 a.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:25:16 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>> Of course you shouldn't leave a dog in the car, especially not if it's
>> the middle of summer and hot outside, even with the windows partly open.
>> I know most dogs love to take a ride in the car but I'd never have
>> taken my dog (yes, I had one a long time ago - a little mutt who lived
>> to be 19 years old) with me when I was going shopping for anything.
>>
>> Jill

> I often see dogs tied up outside the grocery store waiting for their
> human. They are always quiet and no one pays them any attention.
> I am hopeful that this summer we don't have multiple deaths of
> children left in cars. How could a person go on living knowing they
> left their child to die like that?

I had a dog that I could leave outside a store. He was an amazing dog
who needed a new home because problems in his old home. He had been very
well trained. He was so good in the car you would forget he was there. I
could tell him to sit when I went into a store and he would sit right
there and not move. Someone told me once that someone might try to
steal him. Good luck. He would not go. My son and my niece both had
experiences where they tried to take him for a walk and he slipped out
of his collar and ran back home.