Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Billy[_9_] Billy[_9_] is offline

Default What do you non-insulin T2's eat for breakfast?

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> But you need a fair amount of protein at breakfast IMO, that's why I
> choose eggs. You could have chicken, beef, fish etc if you prefer. More
> rather than less protein can sometimes prevent a spike if there are any
> carbs in the meal.
>

> "Todd" wrote in message ...
>
> On 03/04/2013 08:18 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> > Well, my breakfasts mostly revolve around eggs. Two soft-boiled,
> > scrambled or 2 fried with a bit of bacon, mushrooms and grilled
> > tomatoes. This morning I had a slice of toasted Burgen brand soy-lin
> > bread topped with tomato, FGBP and melted cheese. I am quite boring at
> > breakfast.

> Mushroom, tomatoes, and some bacon. That has promise. Thank you!
>
> -T

I thought bacon, and lunch meats were all on nutritionist's hit lists.

Caught in the middle again. February 13, 2013, A new study from the
University of Oxford finds vegetarians live longer than people who eat
meat or fish.

Researchers followed 45,000 adults for nearly 20 years, and found that
vegetarians had a 30 percent lower risk for heart disease.

They say vegetarians had lower blood pressure and cholesterol than those
who ate meat, which could be contributing to their reduced risk for
heart problems.

Doctors say cutting the amount of salt in the American diet could save
hundreds of millions of lives. (heart failure)

And then there is Dr. Mario Martinez, who says that there are no 100
year old Vegans.

What's a boy supposed to do?

Oy.

--