Old 30-03-2013, 05:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Sausage spices?

Hi All,

If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
what spices would I use?

This recipe look easy. Any better ones?
http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-br...patties-100408

and this one

http://www.theyummylife.com/turkey_b...mbedRecipe_209

It uses apple sauce. Hmmmm.

And, of course, drop the coriander due to allergies.

Many thanks,
-T

Old 30-03-2013, 12:29 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
: what spices would I use?

: This recipe look easy. Any better ones?
: http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-br...patties-100408

: and this one

: http://www.theyummylife.com/turkey_b...mbedRecipe_209

: It uses apple sauce. Hmmmm.

: And, of course, drop the coriander due to allergies.

: Many thanks,
: -T

Penzy(or Penzey-not sure which spelling), has a breakfast sausage spice
mix. I have not tried it, but they are a good spice company, if not
especially cheap. They are on line so yu might explore that. I don't
know if they use coriander, but they alwasy list the spices in a mix so
you can check.

In ay even their website can be fun to explore.

Wendy

Old 30-03-2013, 07:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:29:35 +0000, W. Baker wrote:

Todd wrote:
: Hi All,

: If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
: what spices would I use?

: This recipe look easy. Any better ones?
: http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-br...patties-100408

: and this one

: http://www.theyummylife.com/turkey_b...mbedRecipe_209

: It uses apple sauce. Hmmmm.

: And, of course, drop the coriander due to allergies.

: Many thanks,
: -T

Penzy(or Penzey-not sure which spelling), has a breakfast sausage spice
mix. I have not tried it, but they are a good spice company, if not
especially cheap. They are on line so yu might explore that. I don't
know if they use coriander, but they alwasy list the spices in a mix so
you can check.

In ay even their website can be fun to explore.

I have used their breakfast sausage seasoning, it is quite good with
ground pork. It isn't hot at all, if you like heat it wouldn't be a good
choice.

I have used a mix of red pepper flakes, sage, salt and pepper for
breakfast sausage.

basilisk

Old 30-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
what spices would I use?

This recipe look easy. Any better ones?
Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe - Food.com - 100408

and this one

Turkey Breakfast Sausage

It uses apple sauce. Hmmmm.

And, of course, drop the coriander due to allergies.

Many thanks,
-T
Recipe one looks good to me. Nobody eats applesauce but old sick folks and babies.
Old 31-03-2013, 07:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/30/2013 05:29 AM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
[...]

Thank you!

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...breakfast.html

-T

Old 31-03-2013, 06:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , Todd
wrote:

Hi All,

If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
what spices would I use?

This recipe look easy. Any better ones?
http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-br...patties-100408

and this one

http://www.theyummylife.com/turkey_b...mbedRecipe_209

It uses apple sauce. Hmmmm.

And, of course, drop the coriander due to allergies.

Many thanks,
-T

Looks like an easy web search. "turkey sausage spices"

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:02 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03/30/2013 12:41 PM, bigwheel wrote:
Todd;1824913 Wrote:
Hi All,

If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
what spices would I use?

This recipe look easy. Any better ones?
'Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe - Food.com - 100408'
(http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-br...patties-100408)

and this one

'Turkey Breakfast Sausage'
(http://www.theyummylife.com/turkey_b...mbedRecipe_209)

It uses apple sauce. Hmmmm.

And, of course, drop the coriander due to allergies.

Many thanks,
-T

Recipe one looks good to me. Nobody eats applesauce but old sick folks
and babies.

Lol!

I have always thought sausages with sweeteners were weird: apple,
maple, raspberry, etc.. Nice once, but never a second time.

Oh, changing the subject a little, I picked up some of that
Bragg apple cider vinegar (with the mother!). What a great
tip. It is the only vinegar I use anymore. And, you were right
about it working on indigestion -- who would have thought!
Thank you!

-T
Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd;1824913 Wrote:
Hi All,

If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
what spices would I use?

This recipe look easy. Any better ones?
'Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe - Food.com - 100408'
(http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-br...patties-100408)

and this one

'Turkey Breakfast Sausage'
(http://www.theyummylife.com/turkey_b...mbedRecipe_209)

It uses apple sauce. Hmmmm.

And, of course, drop the coriander due to allergies.

Many thanks,
-T

Recipe one looks good to me. Nobody eats applesauce but old sick folks
and babies.

Hi All,

This is what I think I have settled on: ground turkey, salt, fennel
seed, thyme, black pepper, cayenne powder, garlic powder.

My Sweetness is allergic to Sage, Coriander, Cilantro, All Spice,
Cumin.

What think ye of my formula/recipe?

-T

Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd;1824913 Wrote:
[...]

todd, be aware that freshly mixed sausage will take overnight in
the fridge to develope full flavor from the spices.

basilisk

Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

basilisk wrote:
: On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 16:05:52 -0700, Todd wrote:

: On 03/30/2013 12:41 PM, bigwheel wrote:
: Todd;1824913 Wrote:
: Hi All,
:
: If I wanted to turn ground turkey into Turkey Sausage,
: what spices would I use?
:
: This recipe look easy. Any better ones: 'Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe - Food.com - 100408'
[...]

Try maaking a fairly small amount, say enough for one meal adn see how it
tastes. If you and yoru wife like it, then it's fine!

Wendy
Old 03-04-2013, 05:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/02/2013 04:05 PM, W. Baker wrote:
basilisk wrote:
: On Mon, 01 Apr 2013 16:05:52 -0700, Todd wrote:

: On 03/30/2013 12:41 PM, bigwheel wrote:
: Todd;1824913 Wrote:
: Hi All,
:
[...]

Hi Wendy,

Excellent idea. Thank you.

What do you think of adding a bit of Oregano?

-T
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd wrote:
: : Hi All,
: :
[...]

Can't hurt, but might give it a bit of an Italian flavor. If you like it,
fine,if ot don't use it the next time.

Wendy
Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 04/03/2013 03:01 PM, W. Baker wrote:
Todd wrote:
: : Hi All,
: :
[...]

Tried it with a little oregano, mainly to sanitize any remaining
bacteria on me freshly washed hands when I mixed the spices into
the turkey meat (a real chore). Used a little too much pepper.
And, I should have used more butter in the pan to offset the low
fat content of the ground turkey. I think it might have taken a
bit more fennel and maybe added a bit of rosemary. I let it
set for 2-1/2 days before cooking it up. Used 3 lbs of TJ's
cage free ground turkey.

Other than that, both of us loved it. Needed eggs over easy
to complete the circle.

Thank you all for the tips and suggestions!

-T