Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Sausage spices?

On 04/16/2013 03:54 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 04/14/2013 09:47 PM, Todd wrote:
>> On 04/08/2013 05:20 PM, Todd wrote:
>>> ground turkey, salt, fennel
>>> seed, thyme, black pepper, cayenne powder, garlic powder

>> Update:
>>
>> I had to cut back on the black pepper to about a
>> teaspoon.
>>
>> I substituted Ancho pepper for Cayenne pepper --
>> more flavor, less heat.
>>
>> I also added some Rosemary. And I cut back on the fennel
>> seeds -- helps with the weird burps.
>>
>> -T
>>

> Oh ya, and I drizzled a little EVOO on it after
> I spread in out in the pan. Helps with the
> low fat nature of ground turkey.

Oh I know I keep carrying on about this.

I just discovered Trader Joe's has two kinds of ground
turkey. One from breast meat at $4.99/lb and one
from other parts at $2.99/lb. I had used the
expensive one without realizing it.

Since I find the expensive one unpalatability dry,
I have switch to the less expensive one. Will
try without drizzling EVOO over it.

-T