Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Glass or ceramic baking sheets?

In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
"glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.

Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

Thanks!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:09:42 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.
>
> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

You'll probably have to settle for an extra large glass casserole
dish.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 10:31*am, sf > wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:09:42 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>
> > wrote:
> > In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> > reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> > like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> > "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> > Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.

> > Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> > steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

> You'll probably have to settle for an extra large glass casserole
> dish.
> --
>
> Ham and eggs.
> A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

I found one:

http://www.purenature24.com/shop/a27...eet-large.html

and it measures 13.5 x 16.75 inch, but I'll bet that's the measure of
the edges and not the "inside" space.

Just wondering if there are more different kinds available.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 8:09*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.
>
> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John Kuthe...

I have never heard of a glass baking sheet. What about the glass in
your microwave? My old one did not have a turntable, so it had a
square glass plate on the bottom...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" <I have never heard of a glass baking sheet. What about the glass
in
your microwave? My old one did not have a turntable, so it had a
square glass plate on the bottom... >>

Brilliant, Merry. We kept the glass plate from our Amana RadarRange. It
makes a fine liner to protect the kitchen shelf where the houseplants live
(and thrive). Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 10:40*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 10:31*am, sf > wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:09:42 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe

> > > wrote:
> > > In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> > > reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> > > like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> > > "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> > > Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.

> > > Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> > > steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

> > You'll probably have to settle for an extra large glass casserole
> > dish.
> > --

> > Ham and eggs.
> > A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

> I found one:
>
> http://www.purenature24.com/shop/a27...eet-large.html
>
> and it measures 13.5 x 16.75 inch, but I'll bet that's the measure of
> the edges and not the "inside" space.
>
> Just wondering if there are more different kinds available.
>
> John Kuthe...

I may have to go with ceramic coated baking pans, like this one:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...paign=shopping

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 8:47*am, "Polly Esther" > wrote:
> "merryb" <I have never heard of a glass baking sheet. What about the glass
> in
> your microwave? My old one did not have a turntable, so it had a
> square glass plate on the bottom... >>
>
> Brilliant, Merry. *We kept the glass plate from our Amana RadarRange. *It
> makes a fine liner to protect the kitchen shelf where the houseplants live
> (and thrive). *Polly

Good thinking on your part also!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 8:09*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.
>
> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

A "glass baking sheet" would be a pan.

Have you considered a silicone liner for your metal baking sheets?
(Apparently silicone sheets are not stiff enough to be used on their
own, like metal.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.
>
> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John Kuthe...

I prefer to keep glass out of the kitchen as much as possible. Will
parchment not do the job?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Dec 20, 8:09*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.
>
> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.
>
> Thanks!
>
> John Kuthe...

Why don't you just use Silpat??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 11:09*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.
>
> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

If you can do without the raised edges, try your local glazier.

Jerry
--
"I view the progress of science as being the slow erosion of the
tendency to dichotomize." Barbara Smuts, U. Mich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 12:26*pm, Jerry Avins > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 11:09*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> > reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> > like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> > "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> > Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.

> > Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> > steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

> If you can do without the raised edges, try your local glazier.

I wouldn't put anything in my oven other than borosilicate glass.

I wonder if a pizza stone would fill the OPs bill.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
>steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

Corningware used to market ceramic sheets, 20 x 14 inches, a little more than
1/8" thick. Smooth top, rippled bottom, with five glued-on rubber feet. They
were intended to be large hot plates, etc. I don't know what they called them.

One problem with them has always been that the rubber feet always come off. I
have two of these, without rubber feet, and have used them to bake cookies and
breadsticks, and to make candy, in a pinch.

The odd thing is that I thought of these, and actually got up to go measure one
in the kitchen, before it dawned on me that I had one sitting right here on my
lap! I regularly use it as a laptop desk, and sometimes as a temporary
whiteboard. Damned handy things to have around. 8

Anyway, you should be able to find these on ebay.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.

Non-stick coated metal sheet pans are non reactive.
Stainless steel sheet pans are non reactive.

> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

I've never heard of glass/ceramic coated steel baking sheets... best
you're gonna find are shallow glass/ceramic caserole pans.

Normal brained people who want non reactive sheet pans use whatever
fercocktah metal pans they happen to have and they buy a box of
parchment/wax paper.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Normal brained people who want non reactive sheet pans use whatever
> fercocktah metal pans they happen to have and they buy a box of
> parchment/wax paper.

Parchment for baking is not wax paper. Wax would melt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 3:55*pm, "Polly Esther" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:33:54 -0500, wrote:

> >>Corningware used to market ceramic sheets, 20 x 14 inches, a little more
> >>than
> >>1/8" thick. Smooth top, rippled bottom, with five glued-on rubber feet.
> >>They
> >>were intended to be large hot plates, etc. I don't know what they called
> >>them.

> > Ah, they were marketed by Corelle and Corning as "Counter Savers," in both
> > the
> > large size I have and 14" x 10". They came with various patterns, as well
> > as
> > plain (which mine are). There are indeed a number available on ebay.

> I have two of the 14 x 20 and yes they are handy. *Ordinarily they stay on
> each side of the kitchen sink; easy to clean and nearly impossible to
> damage. *Just now, one is serving as a bridge between one sewing machine
> table and its neighbor. *Polly

They sound like a glass hot pad that I have, and on mine, the
decorative sheet underneath is starting to peel off. I've already
replaced the rubber feet that came off from repeated washings.

Any suggestions about the peeling issue?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 4:10*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 3:55*pm, "Polly Esther" > wrote:
>

> > > wrote in message

> .. .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:18:21 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Normal brained people who want non reactive sheet pans use whatever
>> fercocktah metal pans they happen to have and they buy a box of
>> parchment/wax paper.

>Parchment for baking is not wax paper. Wax would melt.

Your brain is melted, Thorazine... but that should be no surprise.
One can certainly bake on waxed paper, been for more then 50 years, in
fact I've never bought parchment paper for cooking... at one time I
actually used to save the parchment paper from sticks of butter in my
freezer but never found a use for them so into the trash they went.
Ordinary waxed paper works very well for baking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 6:49*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:18:21 -0800, Mark Thorson >
> wrote:
>
> >Brooklyn1 wrote:

> >> Normal brained people who want non reactive sheet pans use whatever
> >> fercocktah metal pans they happen to have and they buy a box of
> >> parchment/wax paper.

> >Parchment for baking is not wax paper. *Wax would melt.

> Your brain is melted, Thorazine... but that should be no surprise.
> One can certainly bake on waxed paper, been for more then 50 years, in
> fact I've never bought parchment paper for cooking... at one time I
> actually used to save the parchment paper from sticks of butter in my
> freezer but never found a use for them so into the trash they went.
> Ordinary waxed paper works very well for baking.

Now that's frugal!! I always use parchment...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:46:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Dec 20, 6:49*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:18:21 -0800, Mark Thorson >
>> wrote:

>> >Parchment for baking is not wax paper. *Wax would melt.

>> Your brain is melted, Thorazine... but that should be no surprise.
>> One can certainly bake on waxed paper, been for more then 50 years, in
>> fact I've never bought parchment paper for cooking... at one time I
>> actually used to save the parchment paper from sticks of butter in my
>> freezer but never found a use for them so into the trash they went.
>> Ordinary waxed paper works very well for baking.

>Now that's frugal!! I always use parchment...

Buying something one will never use has nothing to do with frugality.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 4:14*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:

> > .. .

> > > I have two of the 14 x 20 and yes they are handy. *Ordinarily they stay on
> > > each side of the kitchen sink; easy to clean and nearly impossible to
> > > damage. *Just now, one is serving as a bridge between one sewing machine
> > > table and its neighbor. *Polly

> > They sound like a glass hot pad that I have, and on mine, the
> > decorative sheet underneath is starting to peel off. I've already
> > replaced the rubber feet that came off from repeated washings.

> > Any suggestions about the peeling issue?

> Contact paper?

The stickum would have to be on the decorative side of the paper (it's
glued to the bottom surface of the glass).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 21, 11:56*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:46:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>

> >On Dec 20, 6:49*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> >> Your brain is melted, Thorazine... but that should be no surprise.
> >> One can certainly bake on waxed paper, been for more then 50 years, in
> >> fact I've never bought parchment paper for cooking... at one time I
> >> actually used to save the parchment paper from sticks of butter in my
> >> freezer but never found a use for them so into the trash they went.
> >> Ordinary waxed paper works very well for baking.

> >Now that's frugal!! I always use parchment...

> Buying something one will never use has nothing to do with frugality.

What did you buy that you don't use? You used the butter, correct?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:58:15 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Dec 21, 11:56*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:46:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
>> wrote:

>> >Now that's frugal!! I always use parchment...

>> Buying something one will never use has nothing to do with frugality.

>What did you buy that you don't use? You used the butter, correct?

I'm talking about not buying parchment paper because I don't use it. I
don't buy butter for the wrappings... in fact most of the butter I buy
is wrapped in foil. I started saving the parchment paper from butter
because at that time cooking shows were in their infancy and they
pushed a lot of parchment paper. I never saw any use for parchment
paper for the things I cooked that waxed paper didn't do better.
Cooking shows pushed a lot of useless items, they still do. Nowadays
when I cook something that needs to be wrapped in a package I use the
old fashioned tried and true that every culture has used since long
before paper was invented; plant leaves... banana, ti, grape, cabbage,
lettuce, etc. and there is nothing one can cook in parchment paper
that can't be done better in corn husks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:58:15 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>
>>On Dec 21, 11:56 am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>>> Buying something one will never use has nothing to do with frugality.

>>What did you buy that you don't use? You used the butter, correct?

> I'm talking about not buying parchment paper because I don't use it. I
> don't buy butter for the wrappings... in fact most of the butter I buy
> is wrapped in foil. I started saving the parchment paper from butter
> because at that time cooking shows were in their infancy and they
> pushed a lot of parchment paper. I never saw any use for parchment
> paper for the things I cooked that waxed paper didn't do better.
> Cooking shows pushed a lot of useless items, they still do. Nowadays
> when I cook something that needs to be wrapped in a package I use the
> old fashioned tried and true that every culture has used since long
> before paper was invented; plant leaves... banana, ti, grape, cabbage,
> lettuce, etc. and there is nothing one can cook in parchment paper
> that can't be done better in corn husks.

I bought a roll of parchment paper some years ago at one of those stupid
Pampered Chef parties. I still have it. I think I used a bit of it two or
three times.

I was about to say that I've never seen butter in foil and then I
remembered! If I buy the standard grocery store stuff like Challenge or
Darigold (probably only in this area) it is in paper. But if I buy what I
prefer such as Kerrigold or whatever it is they sell at the health food
store, it comes in foil.

I recently acquired some stuff I will likely never use called pan lining
paper. It is a dual product with foil on one side and parchment on the
other. I have seen recently that some chef sells the same sort of thing
online. Martha Stewart maybe? Can't remember. I pretty much only bought
the stuff because I had a coupon for it and I couldn't find the stuff. So I
made it my mission to do so.

Mostly I use just foil for lining stuff. I have cheap foil (paper thin)
regular foil, Release foil and once in a while the really long roll of heavy
duty foil. I find that works well for lining stuff and makes cleanup a lot
easier. I also use Crock-Pot liners when I use the Crock-Pot which hasn't
been for a very long time. However I think I just might when my husband is
home this next time. I like to do a big beef roast in one and assorted
veggies in another one. Haven't made that in a loooong time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 21, 6:30*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:58:15 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:
>

> >On Dec 21, 11:56*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> >> Buying something one will never use has nothing to do with frugality.

> >What did you buy that you don't use? You used the butter, correct?

> I'm talking about not buying parchment paper because I don't use it. I
> don't buy butter for the wrappings... in fact most of the butter I buy
> is wrapped in foil. *I started saving the parchment paper from butter
> because at that time cooking shows were in their infancy and they
> pushed a lot of parchment paper. *I never saw any use for parchment
> paper for the things I cooked that waxed paper didn't do better.
> Cooking shows pushed a lot of useless items, they still do. Nowadays
> when I cook something that needs to be wrapped in a package I use the
> old fashioned tried and true that every culture has used since long
> before paper was invented; plant leaves... banana, ti, grape, cabbage,
> lettuce, etc. and there is nothing one can cook in parchment paper
> that can't be done better in corn husks.

Yes, but you can't make decorating cones out of corn husks or wax
paper unless you are extremely talented!! I find parchment paper
very useful, plus you can use it more than once when lining cookie
sheets.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:35:31 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Dec 21, 6:30*pm, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:58:15 -0800 (PST), merryb >
>> wrote:

>> >What did you buy that you don't use? You used the butter, correct?

>> I'm talking about not buying parchment paper because I don't use it. I
>> don't buy butter for the wrappings... in fact most of the butter I buy
>> is wrapped in foil. *I started saving the parchment paper from butter
>> because at that time cooking shows were in their infancy and they
>> pushed a lot of parchment paper. *I never saw any use for parchment
>> paper for the things I cooked that waxed paper didn't do better.
>> Cooking shows pushed a lot of useless items, they still do. Nowadays
>> when I cook something that needs to be wrapped in a package I use the
>> old fashioned tried and true that every culture has used since long
>> before paper was invented; plant leaves... banana, ti, grape, cabbage,
>> lettuce, etc. and there is nothing one can cook in parchment paper
>> that can't be done better in corn husks.

>Yes, but you can't make decorating cones out of corn husks or wax
>paper unless you are extremely talented!! I find parchment paper
>very useful, plus you can use it more than once when lining cookie
>sheets.

WTF are you talking about, really making an utter fool of yourself
grasping for straws, certainly can use waxed paper for decorating
cones, but plastic baggies work even better. Next you're gonna claim
you use parchment for making toilet bowl plungers because you're so
full of shit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 20, 4:30*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Dec 20, 12:26*pm, Jerry Avins > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 20, 11:09*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > > In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
> > > reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
> > > like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
> > > "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
> > > Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.

> > > Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
> > > steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

> > If you can do without the raised edges, try your local glazier.

> I wouldn't put anything in my oven other than borosilicate glass.
>
> I wonder if a pizza stone would fill the OPs bill.

I can get the raised edges put on at my local glass shop. Pretty cheap
if I supply the form. They put flat glass on the form, put them into
an oven (kiln) and sag the glass to shape. Then they have to cool it
very slowly, and it's done. Very little ovenware in the US is
borosilicate glass nowadays. Real borosilicate is suitable for
stovetop use. "Pyrex" is just a brand name now. Corning licenses it
out.

From Wikipedia: "The European manufacturer of Pyrex, Arc
International, uses borosilicate glass in its Pyrex glass kitchen
products; however, the U.S. manufacturer of Pyrex kitchenware uses
tempered soda-lime glass. Thus Pyrex can refer to either soda-lime
glass or borosilicate glass when discussing kitchen glassware, while
Pyrex, Bomex, Duran, TGI and Simax all refer to borosilicate glass
when discussing laboratory glassware."

Jerry
--
"I view the progress of science as being the slow erosion of the
tendency to dichotomize." Barbara Smuts, U. Mich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/20/2011 4:30 PM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Dec 20, 12:26 pm, Jerry > wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 11:09 am, John > wrote:
>>
>>> In my mango dessication project I am seeing m,y need for a non-
>>> reactive glass or ceramic baking sheet, preferably with raised edges
>>> like my old steel baking sheets. Google does not seem to know what
>>> "glass baking sheet" means, and turns up all kinds of crap, like
>>> Cephalon, Pyrex *steel* baking sheets, etc.

>>> Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
>>> steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

>> If you can do without the raised edges, try your local glazier.
>>

> I wouldn't put anything in my oven other than borosilicate glass.
>
> I wonder if a pizza stone would fill the OPs bill.

A pizza stone was what I was thinking, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 22, 8:17*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:35:31 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> wrote:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 22:08:57 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Dec 22, 8:17*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:35:31 -0800 (PST), merryb >
>> wrote:

>> >Yes, but you can't make decorating cones out of corn husks or wax
>> >paper unless you are extremely talented!! I find parchment paper
>> >very useful, plus you can use it more than once when lining cookie
>> >sheets.

>> WTF are you talking about, really making an utter fool of yourself
>> grasping for straws, certainly can use waxed paper for decorating
>> cones, but plastic baggies work even better. *Next you're gonna claim
>> you use parchment for making toilet bowl plungers because you're so
>> full of shit.

>Nope- I use foil for that.

You probably use a back[side] hoe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:59:35 -0800 (PST) in rec.food.cooking, Jerry
Avins > wrote,
>Real borosilicate is suitable for stovetop use. "Pyrex" is just a
>brand name now. Corning licenses it out.

The "Pyrex" brand name was synonymous with borosilicate glass.
The "Pyrex" brand name was invented just for borosilicate glass.
Using it for cheap lime glass is contemptible.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I believe this is what you are looking for. I don't have any further information, only that it came up in my searches.
http://www.earthchef.ca/earthChefBakeware.html

I am still looking though. I was hoping to find one that was entirely ceramic, and not just coated with ceramic.
Xtrema & Mercola both have ceramic bakeware, but not a baking sheet.