Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Glass or ceramic baking sheets?

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:33:54 -0500, wrote:
>
>>Corningware used to market ceramic sheets, 20 x 14 inches, a little more
>>than
>>1/8" thick. Smooth top, rippled bottom, with five glued-on rubber feet.
>>They
>>were intended to be large hot plates, etc. I don't know what they called
>>them.

> Ah, they were marketed by Corelle and Corning as "Counter Savers," in both
> the
> large size I have and 14" x 10". They came with various patterns, as well
> as
> plain (which mine are). There are indeed a number available on ebay.
>
> -- Larry

I have two of the 14 x 20 and yes they are handy. Ordinarily they stay on
each side of the kitchen sink; easy to clean and nearly impossible to
damage. Just now, one is serving as a bridge between one sewing machine
table and its neighbor. Polly