Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Glass or ceramic baking sheets?

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:58:15 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Dec 21, 11:56*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:46:35 -0800 (PST), merryb >
>> wrote:

>> >Now that's frugal!! I always use parchment...

>> Buying something one will never use has nothing to do with frugality.

>What did you buy that you don't use? You used the butter, correct?

I'm talking about not buying parchment paper because I don't use it. I
don't buy butter for the wrappings... in fact most of the butter I buy
is wrapped in foil. I started saving the parchment paper from butter
because at that time cooking shows were in their infancy and they
pushed a lot of parchment paper. I never saw any use for parchment
paper for the things I cooked that waxed paper didn't do better.
Cooking shows pushed a lot of useless items, they still do. Nowadays
when I cook something that needs to be wrapped in a package I use the
old fashioned tried and true that every culture has used since long
before paper was invented; plant leaves... banana, ti, grape, cabbage,
lettuce, etc. and there is nothing one can cook in parchment paper
that can't be done better in corn husks.