Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] pltrgyst@xhost.org is offline

Default Glass or ceramic baking sheets?

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 08:09:42 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe >
wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good source for true glass or ceramic coated
>steel baking sheets? About 12x16 inches or so would be best.

Corningware used to market ceramic sheets, 20 x 14 inches, a little more than
1/8" thick. Smooth top, rippled bottom, with five glued-on rubber feet. They
were intended to be large hot plates, etc. I don't know what they called them.

One problem with them has always been that the rubber feet always come off. I
have two of these, without rubber feet, and have used them to bake cookies and
breadsticks, and to make candy, in a pinch.

The odd thing is that I thought of these, and actually got up to go measure one
in the kitchen, before it dawned on me that I had one sitting right here on my
lap! I regularly use it as a laptop desk, and sometimes as a temporary
whiteboard. Damned handy things to have around. 8

Anyway, you should be able to find these on ebay.

-- Larry