Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Glass or ceramic baking sheets?

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 21:35:31 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Dec 21, 6:30*pm, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:58:15 -0800 (PST), merryb >
>> wrote:

>> >What did you buy that you don't use? You used the butter, correct?

>> I'm talking about not buying parchment paper because I don't use it. I
>> don't buy butter for the wrappings... in fact most of the butter I buy
>> is wrapped in foil. *I started saving the parchment paper from butter
>> because at that time cooking shows were in their infancy and they
>> pushed a lot of parchment paper. *I never saw any use for parchment
>> paper for the things I cooked that waxed paper didn't do better.
>> Cooking shows pushed a lot of useless items, they still do. Nowadays
>> when I cook something that needs to be wrapped in a package I use the
>> old fashioned tried and true that every culture has used since long
>> before paper was invented; plant leaves... banana, ti, grape, cabbage,
>> lettuce, etc. and there is nothing one can cook in parchment paper
>> that can't be done better in corn husks.

>Yes, but you can't make decorating cones out of corn husks or wax
>paper unless you are extremely talented!! I find parchment paper
>very useful, plus you can use it more than once when lining cookie
>sheets.

WTF are you talking about, really making an utter fool of yourself
grasping for straws, certainly can use waxed paper for decorating
cones, but plastic baggies work even better. Next you're gonna claim
you use parchment for making toilet bowl plungers because you're so
full of shit.