Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Is everyone on vacation?

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

We've all been very quiet lately. Is everyone on
vacation?

I finally perfected my Coconut Pancakes and wanted
to post it, but if no one is there to read it, I will wait.

-T

I'm here, just not much to post, but would like to see your recipe.

Cheri

Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Experienced Member

Sure, Although coconut is very much healthy. It has benefits like Improves Digestion, Improves Heart Health and also hair strong, Prevent Obesity, and boost up energy etc.,

I have one simple sweet recipe using coconut milling dish names as "Cocunut Barfi". Ingredients are simple: Sugar 50grms, Cardamom-3, One whole cocounut milling and 2 tsps ghee. Thats it.

Method: Heat ghee, add cardamom powder, pour 2 glass of water let to boil, add sugar into it make it boil for 2 minutes then add coconut miller stir well until it get sticky swith off flame and let it cool place or keep it freezer so that consistency get solid after one hour you could cut them into pieces then have it tastes sooo great and sweet with cardamom aroma smell. And quite healthy as above said. Of course childrens are very much fond of it.

Note for diabetics, instead of sugar, You can use sugar free like honey. If you prefer the taste of honey, go ahead and use it but only in moderation. Be sure to count the carbohydrates in honey as part of your diabetes eating plan.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:19:07 -0400
Susan wrote:

We took a drive out east yesterday and I bought 2 local grass fed T
bones, and two fabulous new cheeses from a wonderful purveyor, my new
favorite is called Zimbro:
http://www.specialtyfood.com/news-tr...a-lusa-zimbro/

Perfectly ripened and tastes offered from a room temp wheel.

Any young cheese drives my BG through the roof for days. The cheese
has to have *zero* lactose for me to eat it without problems. That
means at least several months of age.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message

Here, I brown the hamburger with onions and garlic, remove from the pan,
get rid of a lot of the grease left in the pan, make a milk/cream gravy,
return the meat and that's it. In the old days, I would add peas and corn
and serve on mashed potatoes or bread. Yesterday I had it over scrambled
eggs and it was good. LOL, I hear you about the pie...same thing here with
the quiche too.

Cheri

Yes, this is really good, comfort food as it should be, add peas or chilis
or not; some cheese maybe, whatever is there and right, then I would
use it as a testing ground for the latest hot sauces I've picked up and
not tried yet; a vast variety of bread/rolls. Nice, this is labor day stuff
I really appreciate. Thanks.

pavane

Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"clinicaltrials" wrote in
message . ..

[...]

Uh... Honey is no better for diabetics than sugar!

Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
Here, I brown the hamburger with onions and garlic, remove from the pan,
get rid of a lot of the grease left in the pan, make a milk/cream gravy,
return the meat and that's it. In the old days, I would add peas and corn
and serve on mashed potatoes or bread. Yesterday I had it over scrambled
eggs and it was good. LOL, I hear you about the pie...same thing here with
the quiche too.

My mom made it similar to yours but no onions or garlic. Served over mashed
potatoes or if we had none, in a bowl and called meat soup.

Since I can't have the milk or cream, I use beef broth instead and I add
both celery and onions. It isn't something that I make often since I seem
to be the only one in the house who really likes it. I have served it over
green beans.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:48:32 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Note for diabetics, instead of sugar, You can use sugar free like
honey. If you prefer the taste of honey, go ahead and use it - but
only in moderation. Be sure to count the carbohydrates in honey as
part of your diabetes eating plan.

Uh... Honey is no better for diabetics than sugar!

Good point. Lots of people try to fool themselves to think some
"natural" sugar is OK for them. It isn't.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:54 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
Here, I brown the hamburger with onions and garlic, remove from the pan,
get rid of a lot of the grease left in the pan, make a milk/cream gravy,
return the meat and that's it. In the old days, I would add peas and corn
and serve on mashed potatoes or bread. Yesterday I had it over scrambled
eggs and it was good. LOL, I hear you about the pie...same thing here
with the quiche too.

My mom made it similar to yours but no onions or garlic. Served over
mashed potatoes or if we had none, in a bowl and called meat soup.

Since I can't have the milk or cream, I use beef broth instead and I add
both celery and onions. It isn't something that I make often since I seem
to be the only one in the house who really likes it. I have served it
over green beans.

I haven't had it for a very long time, one of those things that I continue
to eat until it's gone. It's gone now. :-)

Cheri

Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
[...]

------

Did you have it all over eggs or did you vary it? I like that kind of
food over broccoli. I cook the broccoli so it is still crisp then cut it
smaller. Cutting it first makes it harder to keep the crispness,
especially if you are like me and get easily distracted It is also
nice between two slices of low carb bread toasted in a sandwich maker
that seals the filling inside the bread. I only own a George Foreman and
a sandwich press these days so can't do that.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
[...]

I had it over scrambled eggs the first day, then just by itself the next few
times. ;-) DH had it with potatoes and then over large buttered hamburger
buns. I use a can of condensed milk, probably a quarter cup of cream, and
water. I do go ahead and use flour to thicken the gravy since I only make
this every couple of years for a special occasion like Labor Day Weekend
(that way I can do three days)

Cheri

Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Trawley Trash" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:48:32 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Note for diabetics, instead of sugar, You can use sugar free like
honey. If you prefer the taste of honey, go ahead and use it - but
only in moderation. Be sure to count the carbohydrates in honey as
part of your diabetes eating plan.

Uh... Honey is no better for diabetics than sugar!

Good point. Lots of people try to fool themselves to think some
"natural" sugar is OK for them. It isn't.

I was just floored at what I read at a celiac forum. This person was upset
because a certain restaurant chain has a gluten free menu but has a
disclaimer on it that it might not be suitable for celiacs because they
can't guarantee that there is no cross contamination. The person went on to
ask if it used to be like this for diabetics who dined out. I think some of
the others were just as floored as me by this one. Seemed to me that the
person was one of those many who think something horrible will happen to use
if we get sugar in our food. I guess I shouldn't be floored. I myself was
one who used to think that. It's a very common myth and I don't know how it
got started.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

[...]

For me it is true. Most sugar including table sugar, honey, maple
syrup and so on is about half fructose. My tolerance for fructose
is about half a gram per day. More than this does something horrible
to my BG regulation. This effect is out of all proportion to the
carb count. As long as I completely avoid fructose and (ga)lactose,
I do not need anything else to control BG.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Susan wrote:

We took a drive out east yesterday and I bought 2 local grass fed T
bones, and two fabulous new cheeses from a wonderful purveyor, my new
favorite is called Zimbro:
http://www.specialtyfood.com/news-tr...a-lusa-zimbro/

Perfectly ripened and tastes offered from a room temp wheel.

Any young cheese drives my BG through the roof for days. The cheese
has to have *zero* lactose for me to eat it without problems. That
means at least several months of age.

Working as a foot soldier in the campaign for the Storting[0] election
coming up this weekend.

However: After "Shock-headed Peter" in the afternoon DW and I went to a
small restaurant for a snack and a glass of wine. The snack was baked Brie
with glazed walnuts - served with drops of balsamico vinegar on the plate.
Yum - and I took a chance that the honey glazing was not enough to matter.

[0] parliament, congress, rijksdag ...

Old 06-09-2013, 04:33 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Trawley Trash" wrote in message
news

"Julie Bove" wrote:

[...]

But that only relates to you. Not to diabetes.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 20:33:06 -0700
"Julie Bove" wrote:

For me it is true. Most sugar including table sugar, honey, maple
syrup and so on is about half fructose. My tolerance for fructose
is about half a gram per day. More than this does something
horrible to my BG regulation. This effect is out of all proportion
to the carb count. As long as I completely avoid fructose and
(ga)lactose, I do not need anything else to control BG.

But that only relates to you. Not to diabetes.

It puts my type II diabetes in remission. What makes you
so sure that it only relates to me?

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.

Is everyone on vacation? TheRealDeal Diabetic 0 02-09-2013 09:12 PM
Vacation Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 7 09-09-2011 05:25 AM
I'm on Vacation!! Christine Dabney General Cooking 25 15-10-2007 02:27 PM
vacation sd danw4 Sourdough 4 18-09-2005 01:48 PM
Vacation THEMOM1 Baking 3 26-01-2004 04:24 PM