Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Is everyone on vacation?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> Jazzy is entitled to stay at school until her 18th birthday year (next
> year). Her school will apply to the dept of ed for extensions of 2 years
> if needed for whatever reason. Typically it is for kids who won't suit
> workshop post-school. I am going to apply for the extension as she is
> quite the handful at home and if she doesn't suit workshop then she will
> be home all day every day. She makes lots of food and toilet-type messes
> but yesterday was pretty harrowing. She refused to get on the bus to come
> home, had to go and pick her up. After lots of coercion got her into my
> car. Took me ten minutes to get her out of my car at home, then she got
> away from me as we got onto the road. There were no cars coming coming but
> I asked her to stop, she stopped dead and dropped to the ground as I was
> hurrying to catch her. As a result I went straight over the top of her and
> face-planted on the road I had a dentist appt and left her with the
> boys (bad mistake). I had my dry oats on the bench ready to eat when I got
> home. She took them in her room, chewed them all up and spat them
> everywhere so second time in one day had to change and wash the bedding,
> sweep and wash the floor. I will continue to get carer's Pension whilst
> ever she lives with me (it's the same amount as old age pension but more
> than unemployment benefits). She gets a part disability pension, it goes
> up $50 more per fortnight on her 18th birthday and then she gets full
> pension at age 21. I am going to apply for extension of child support
> until she turns 21 as well. This morning she has been a lamb, co-operated
> all the way from bed to toilet to bath and breakfast was fairly neat and
> tidy, lol. Got her dressed and she did her ablutions (ritualistic), let me
> actually do her hair so she didn't look like something the cat dragged in
> Then sat and waited for the bus. As time goes by I may have to live
> with one of my daughters but at present I am handling it. lol, my son's
> girlfriend bought one of her school-mates to meet me yesterday afternoon
> and her first impression was me face-planting on the road

Wow, what a mess! And here I was feeling sorry for myself because we had no
Internet. It is such a part of our lives, we can't seem to live without it.
The school went bookless and all of the work is online. They do make
exceptions for those who truly can't get the Internet. They are allowed to
take books. But that doesn't apply to us. So Angela had to get to school
even earlier to borrow a book to do her homework.

Just today, three different people told me to go online and ____. I had to
reply that I could not. Frontier had not come out to fix it so Angela and I
took to bed for a nap. I woke up and found it on. Yay! Then I tried to
get her up to eat dinner so she can go to dance. She was exhausted. But
once I mentioned that we had Internet, she was right up!

We weren't totally without because we do have Smartphones but she couldn't
do the homework because it needs the Adobe whatever it is and that's not
supported on the phone.