Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Is everyone on vacation?

"Trawley Trash" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:48:32 -0700
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> > Note for diabetics, instead of sugar, You can use sugar free like
>> > honey. If you prefer the taste of honey, go ahead and use it - but
>> > only in moderation. Be sure to count the carbohydrates in honey as
>> > part of your diabetes eating plan.

>> Uh... Honey is no better for diabetics than sugar!

> Good point. Lots of people try to fool themselves to think some
> "natural" sugar is OK for them. It isn't.

I was just floored at what I read at a celiac forum. This person was upset
because a certain restaurant chain has a gluten free menu but has a
disclaimer on it that it might not be suitable for celiacs because they
can't guarantee that there is no cross contamination. The person went on to
ask if it used to be like this for diabetics who dined out. I think some of
the others were just as floored as me by this one. Seemed to me that the
person was one of those many who think something horrible will happen to use
if we get sugar in our food. I guess I shouldn't be floored. I myself was
one who used to think that. It's a very common myth and I don't know how it
got started.