Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Is everyone on vacation?

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:33:43 -0700
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>
> > I discovered coconut yoghurt by chance and tried it. I love it
> > Too much milk does cause me gut problems but I don't avoid dairy
> > altogether. So a taste preference really.

> Angela loved it too but then she developed the coconut intolerance.
> Seems many of her favorite foods and drinks had coconut in them. She
> loved the coconut water too. Blech.

The way it seems to work with me is that I acquire an allergy to
anything that I eat regularly that contains fructose. According
to charts of fructose content, I could develop an allergy to
coconut. The coconuts here are older and not as sweet as the
ones in the charts, and they are so expensive here that I
rarely eat fresh. What I use in coffee and tea is
coconut cream, which is *cooked* coconut milk.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.