Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Is everyone on vacation?

On Sat, 07 Sep 2013 17:14:49 -0700
Todd > wrote:

> On 09/07/2013 04:27 PM, Todd wrote:
> > On 09/07/2013 04:19 AM, Trawley Trash wrote:
> >> This morning my FBG is 94. I don't take any drugs or
> >> count calores or carbs. I found those no fructose
> >> casaba melons

> > Cool. I wonder the effect on regular t2'?
> >

> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1955/2
>
> 1 cup cubes, 11 grams

11 grams of *sugar*. According to Loren Cordain's site
none of that sugar is fructose. The grower describes
the melon as having a "subtle sweetness". That is what
glucose tastes like. All the sweeter melons have fructose.

Also be aware that there are other varieties called casaba.
I found this out when I tried to find some seeds. Lots
of casaba melon seeds out there, but they were not the
same variety.

The melons I found are grown commercially in Turlock California.
Had many arguments with my parents when I was young. They could not
understand why I would not eat cantaloupe and honeydew. They
made me feel ill.

> Okay, perhaps with a couple fried eggs and a slice or
> two or three or four or five of bacon.

-- I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.