Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Trawley Trash Trawley Trash is offline

Default Is everyone on vacation?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:05:22 -0700
Todd > wrote:

> Remember that 7.5 is based on 120 days, plus or
> minus 25 days for a T0. S-L-O-P-P-Y.
>
> http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/27/4/931.full
> "The 23 subjects with type 2 diabetes had a mean
> erythrocyte survival of 112 ± 25 days"
>
> So you have to do your own FBG average over the same
> time frame and figure out what your actual A1c
> correlates to for you. A1c is a really, really
> sloppy measurement. But, helpful is you can say
> my personal A1c corresponds to my my own FBG
> of such and such.

You can't just use FBG to estimate what the a1c should
be. It is an average of BG for the last few months
(maybe 120 days). Really it is a weighted average
where the most recent BG readings have more effect
then those that are a month or two old. You need
calculus to describe it exactly. The paper points
out some of the factors that cause the averaging
function to vary.

My FBG was 105 this morning, and I began to worry
that all that extra bread was doing me in.
But I decided to continue this game one more day
before I cut back the calories. So I had
a large breakfast of two baked potatoes, 180 grams
of grass fed hamburger, an avocado, and a mound of
home made sauerkraut. When I was ready to go to
the gym an hour later, my BG had dropped to 70
(3.4 in your units).

Frustrated at my inability to show the slightest
sign of diabetes, I decided to go off my diet.
I went to a restaurant and
had eggs with more potatoes. The eggs had young
raw cheese on them with ham and bell peppers
(all bad), and of course I acquired an egg
allergy from a long-ago vaccination. Four hours
later my BG was still up at 150. Gratifying.

So then I went back on my diet. I made a huge
salad with iceberg lettuce,
lentil sprouts, and celery with olive oil and
fresh lime juice dressing. To go with it I
had four more slices of the magic BG-reducing bread.
An hour later BG had dropped to 109. Which
brings me up to the moment.

Clearly my BG readings are not following the approved
script. It does seem that my diet works very
well for me though. And although it may only
work for a minority, I don't believe it is
a minority of one.

--
I'm Trawley Trash, and you haven't heard the last of me yet.