Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Is everyone on vacation?

"Trawley Trash" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:09:42 +1000
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> Thanks Wendy. Bit perplexed about "Not always a good thing" and "It
> doesn't make it healthy normal" comments though. They don't seem
> applicable to the conversation. As a clarifier (I can see Trawley's
> post) I do indeed eat fructose every day. Some days, especially in
> summer I might eat about 6 pieces of fruit because I love summer
> fruit At the moment I am enjoying strawberries, generally have
> them with some coconut yoghurt as a snack.

To clarify my position a bit, I don't claim that fructose causes
*everyone* problems. Only that it causes a significant percentage
problems. Both fructose and galactose can cause problems. Humans
lived in an environment where these sugars were not common for
a million years or more. So there was no natural selection pressure
to have adequate amounts of liver enzymes to metabolize them.
Now we are adding increasing amounts of dairy products and
sugar to our diet, and many people are unable to tolerate the
amounts we consume today. Some are intolerant of galactose,
and some are intolerant of fructose. I am lucky enough to be
intolerant of both.

This is in addition to the digestive issues that nutritionists
know about: fructose malabsorption and lactose intolerance.

I notice that you use coconut yogurt. Are you avoiding dairy?

I discovered coconut yoghurt by chance and tried it. I love it Too
much milk does cause me gut problems but I don't avoid dairy altogether.
So a taste preference really.