Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Is everyone on vacation?

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> Here, I brown the hamburger with onions and garlic, remove from the
>> pan, get rid of a lot of the grease left in the pan, make a
>> milk/cream gravy, return the meat and that's it. In the old days, I
>> would add peas and corn and serve on mashed potatoes or bread.
>> Yesterday I had it over scrambled eggs and it was good. LOL, I hear
>> you about the pie...same thing here with the quiche too.

> My mom made it similar to yours but no onions or garlic. Served over
> mashed potatoes or if we had none, in a bowl and called meat soup.
>
> Since I can't have the milk or cream, I use beef broth instead and I
> add both celery and onions. It isn't something that I make often
> since I seem to be the only one in the house who really likes it. I
> have served it over green beans.

I haven't had it for a very long time, one of those things that I
continue
to eat until it's gone. It's gone now. :-)

Cheri

------

Did you have it all over eggs or did you vary it? I like that kind of
food over broccoli. I cook the broccoli so it is still crisp then cut it
smaller. Cutting it first makes it harder to keep the crispness,
especially if you are like me and get easily distracted It is also
nice between two slices of low carb bread toasted in a sandwich maker
that seals the filling inside the bread. I only own a George Foreman and
a sandwich press these days so can't do that.