Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
isn't a very happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Okay... That was over my head.

I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my jo(lo)kia.

Sorry, I don't get that either.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:53 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

Hey, that reminds me of hospital when the nurse asks "have we used our
bowels today?".

Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
isn't a very happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Okay... That was over my head.

I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my
jo(lo)kia.

Sorry, I don't get that either.

Sorry. I was just trying to spice things up a bit. ;-0

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 03-01-2012, 01:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 02:37:24 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
wrote:

Ozgirl wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: : ...
: : On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: : In , "Julie
: :
: : wrote:
: :
: : "Robert wrote in message
: : ...
: : There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes
: that I
: : thought you would want to see.
: :
: : Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics
: have it
: : than
: : originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
: :
: : once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
: ungrateful
: : she is
: : for any help
: :
: : without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do
: with her
: : "i already know it all" approach
: :
: : i give up
: :
: : i've tried
: :
: : and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i
: have
: : already today)
: :
: : but the animosity that her every post exhibits..................
: Julie,
: : send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
:
: : I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
:
: : I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she
: put a link
: : up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
: : originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice
: by a
: : gastroenterologist.
:
: : I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had
: that but
: : bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
:
: : What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
:
: : Apparently I am missing something.
:
: : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
:
: I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR
: SOME
: REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my
: failure!!!!
:
: The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have
: put
: it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like
: it
: was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
:
: Wendy

: Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations. If
: I send an email and get a message back that the message has failed that
: doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the sending
: didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think Julie
: meant you any ill will by using the (correct) word.

It seemed quite judgemental to me. I sent the article to a group I didn't
even think julie read because I didn't tink she woudl find anyting from
it, then later thried to get it to ASD, but it idn't work.

I think julie shuld watch her words, as they can send the wrong meaning if
she did not man to criticise. She is often very free with her disgust at
things other people enjoy, usually foods, but is quick to take offense if
she thinks someone is somehow criticising or being at all "judgemental"
about her. I usually remain silent, but this one just pushed the wrong
button.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I usually avoid this type of discussion, but I will weigh in on this
one matter; I have taken issue with Julie in the past about her
constant expressions of disgust when any food is mentioned that she
personally doesn't like, and she doesn't like a great many foods.

Since this is a food group, it gets a little depressing to hear
someone using the word "disgusting" about all sorts of very healthy,
fresh and delicious foods. I pointed that out to Julie once, and she
did make an effort to stop saying this or that or the other thing was
"disgusting" to her. I appreciated her effort and left it at that,
(though I have noted that she continues to use the term about foods I
happen to eat and enjoy). Sometimes we human beings try to change our
bad habits and it just doesn't work for us..... Oh well.....

As for the term "failed," I saw those postings, and I don't think she
meant it as an insult. I myself might say that "I failed to include
the link," or that the link "failed to come through" in a post. It
merely would indicate that our intentions didn't work out the way we
planned. But if Wendy took it in a bad way, perhaps it isn't the
individual word that is at fault, but maybe that, in combination with
an accumulation of the many "disgusts" that Julie expresses.

I attribute her many "disgusts" to be a combination of the fact that
she has often explained that her mother didn't do a lot of varied or
involved cooking. I had a great advantage in that mine did, and that
my grandmother and aunts made a huge variety of excellent dishes, so I
got to try many things while I was still young enough to keep an open
mind about foods and developing my palate. So I was advantaged in
that way.

I also had a wonderful encyclopedia of cookery, 22 volumes A to Z,
which I acquired one volume at a time as a very young woman, which
explained many previously unknown vegetable, meats and interestingly
different foods.... things I had never eaten or prepared before, and
provided recipes to try, which expanded my repertoire, experience, and
palate. My life and table have been enriched by my continuing open
mindedness about trying new foods. Julies has not.

What is more, her illness continues to worsen and it seems obvious
that her lifestyle and eating habits (like all of us) are contributing
factors. I feel deeply sorry for her difficulties, but I know better
than to make any suggestions to her, as I did that in the past and
remembering how she reacted. I have my own issues in that
department, so I have no room to talk.

For the present time, my own health has improved enormously since my
surgery last summer. I just have a very tiny appetite nowadays, but
I eat a little of everything, as long as I eat the protein portion
first on my plate, then the veggies, and only then if I have room, a
bite or two of starch.

I hope I haven't "failed" in my attempt to be fair in this issue. I
wish everyone a very happy New Year!

Evelyn
Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 00:07:02 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their BG
would come down. Susan is one of them.

For some people it seems to work out that way.

Not everyone is capable of it, nor does it agree with everyone's body
chemistry. But if it does, and your BG's improve, why not try it?

In my case I developed a host of other issues all of a sudden when I
low carbed. My doctor urged me to eat SOME.

There is one thing I absolutely know for sure; If you have diabetes,
even if you don't cut out the carbs, CONTROLLING the actual amount of
carbs you eat, is essential.

It is carbohydrates which our bodies can no longer handle properly.

No more than the equivelant of one slice of bread or 1/2 cup of rice
or potatoes per meal works best for me. ONE small piece of fruit
twice a day.

No more eating whatever I want anymore and mindlessly stuffing my
face.

Evelyn

Old 03-01-2012, 02:16 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message

For the present time, my own health has improved enormously since my
surgery last summer. I just have a very tiny appetite nowadays, but
I eat a little of everything, as long as I eat the protein portion
first on my plate, then the veggies, and only then if I have room, a
bite or two of starch.

Sounds like surgery was a great success, congratulations Evelyn. How is
the weight loss progressing?

I hope I haven't "failed" in my attempt to be fair in this issue. I
wish everyone a very happy New Year!

Seems like a fair take on the situation to me. Happy New Year to you
too.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Cheri

Old 03-01-2012, 04:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive: e

On 1/3/2012 9:57 AM, Cheri wrote:

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Exactly.

Susan

Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 2:11 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
"Julie wrote:
"Nick wrote in message
"Julie wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
isn't a very happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Okay... That was over my head.

I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my
jo(lo)kia.

Sorry, I don't get that either.

Sorry. I was just trying to spice things up a bit. ;-0

thought you did so quite well

Julie, there is a good website www.dictionary.com

Old 03-01-2012, 07:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 5:15 AM, Evelyn wrote:
[...]

eloquent summary Evelyn

but more importantly, sounds like you are doing very well! congratulations!

Would you still do it over again? (the surgery, or?)

wishing you all the best for 2012

kate

Old 03-01-2012, 07:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie wrote:
"Nick wrote in message
"Julie wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
isn't a very happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Okay... That was over my head.

I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my
jo(lo)kia.

Sorry, I don't get that either.

Sorry. I was just trying to spice things up a bit. ;-0

thought you did so quite well

Julie, there is a good website www.dictionary.com

Yes. I know about it.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 02:37:24 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
wrote:

Ozgirl wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: : ...
: : On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: : In , "Julie
: :
: : wrote:
: :
: : "Robert wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

I grew up in a house where many foods were disgusting. Both of my parents
referred to foods as exactly that. And they still do. I was once told that
the food I brought in from a taco place smelled like garbage. And my mom
used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us making
faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it? Is it any
wonder that I never learned to like the stuff?

My maternal grandmother and her husband expressed similar disgusts for many
foods and were very vocal about it. They refused to eat anything that they
considered to be foreign and my step-grandpa would not touch a leftover or
eat outdoors.

So to me, referring to foods like that is a very normal thing.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Actually she has said that countless times!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
: On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 02:37:24 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
: wrote:

: :
[...]

this is possibly true. I often find julies posts off-putting, but just
don't reply. something just hit me this time adn I kind of exploded.

Could be this whole New Year's time which has had me kidn of weird without
Syd, but I have no right to impose that on other people. I am a grown-up
and shouldn't dump and rant on a newsgroup.

[...]

Glad to ear you are doing so well. Keep it up and keep letting us know of
your progress as we all care about you.

By the way, how is your shoulder doing these days? Mine is canky, I
believe, becuse of the walker putting sress on it.

Wendy
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
: Ozgirl wrote:
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message

: Well Wendy feels offended. I don't think it was meant to offend her
: but I am not you (who may or may not have meant to offend) or Wendy
: (who did feel offended). Kiss and make up?

: Okay sorry Wendy. But I can't say it won't happen again because that is
: just the way I speak!

OK, I will just have to learn to make an exception for you and understand
that you do not really mean what your words say.

Sorry,

Wendy

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 27-10-2015 12:03 AM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 09:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM