Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

Tiger Lily wrote:
> On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
>> want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
>> isn't a very happy place.

> not a good time for a pithy pity joke
>
> (hint: joke)

> kate

Okay... That was over my head.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in message
> [ . . . . ]
> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
> with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> [ . . . . ]
>> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
>> with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

> We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their BG
would come down. Susan is one of them.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> Tiger Lily wrote:
> > On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
> >> want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
> >> isn't a very happy place.

> > not a good time for a pithy pity joke
> >
> > (hint: joke)

> > kate

> Okay... That was over my head.

I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my jo(lo)kia.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > "Ozgirl" > wrote:
> >> "Cheri" > wrote in message
> >> [ . . . . ]
> >> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
> >> with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

> > We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

> There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
> BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

Jan said, "We HAVE to keep remembering that." Sure, it would be nice to
remember as much as would help us tailor our comments to our audience (not
advocating flip-flopping), but who is it that HAS to keep remembering
'anything'?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> Tiger Lily wrote:
>> >
>> > not a good time for a pithy pity joke
>> >
>> > (hint: joke)

>> > kate

>> Okay... That was over my head.

> I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my jo(lo)kia.

Sorry, I don't get that either.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> [ . . . . ]
>> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
>> with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

> We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

Hey, that reminds me of hospital when the nurse asks "have we used our
bowels today?".

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> Okay... That was over my head.

> > I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my
> > jo(lo)kia.

> Sorry, I don't get that either.

Sorry. I was just trying to spice things up a bit. ;-0

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 02:37:24 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
wrote:

> [...]
>: > : > i've tried
>: > : >
>: > : > and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i
>: > have
>: > : > already today)
>: > : >
>: > : > but the animosity that her every post exhibits..................
>: > Julie,
>: > : > send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
>: >
>: > : I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
>: >
>: > : I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she
>: > put a link
>: > : up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
>: > : originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice
>: > by a
>: > : gastroenterologist.
>: >
>: > : I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had
>: > that but
>: > : bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
>: >
>: > : What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
>: >
>: > : Apparently I am missing something.
>: >
>: > : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
>: >
>: > I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR
>: > SOME
>: > REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my
>: > failure!!!!
>: >
>: > The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have
>: > put
>: > it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like
>: > it
>: > was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
>: >
>: > Wendy
>
>: Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations. If
>: I send an email and get a message back that the message has failed that
>: doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the sending
>: didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think Julie
>: meant you any ill will by using the (correct) word.
>
>It seemed quite judgemental to me. I sent the article to a group I didn't
>even think julie read because I didn't tink she woudl find anyting from
>it, then later thried to get it to ASD, but it idn't work.
>
>I think julie shuld watch her words, as they can send the wrong meaning if
>she did not man to criticise. She is often very free with her disgust at
>things other people enjoy, usually foods, but is quick to take offense if
>she thinks someone is somehow criticising or being at all "judgemental"
>about her. I usually remain silent, but this one just pushed the wrong

Hi Wendy,

I usually avoid this type of discussion, but I will weigh in on this
one matter; I have taken issue with Julie in the past about her
constant expressions of disgust when any food is mentioned that she
personally doesn't like, and she doesn't like a great many foods.

Since this is a food group, it gets a little depressing to hear
someone using the word "disgusting" about all sorts of very healthy,
fresh and delicious foods. I pointed that out to Julie once, and she
did make an effort to stop saying this or that or the other thing was
"disgusting" to her. I appreciated her effort and left it at that,
(though I have noted that she continues to use the term about foods I
happen to eat and enjoy). Sometimes we human beings try to change our
bad habits and it just doesn't work for us..... Oh well.....

As for the term "failed," I saw those postings, and I don't think she
meant it as an insult. I myself might say that "I failed to include
the link," or that the link "failed to come through" in a post. It
merely would indicate that our intentions didn't work out the way we
planned. But if Wendy took it in a bad way, perhaps it isn't the
individual word that is at fault, but maybe that, in combination with
an accumulation of the many "disgusts" that Julie expresses.

I attribute her many "disgusts" to be a combination of the fact that
she has often explained that her mother didn't do a lot of varied or
involved cooking. I had a great advantage in that mine did, and that
my grandmother and aunts made a huge variety of excellent dishes, so I
got to try many things while I was still young enough to keep an open
mind about foods and developing my palate. So I was advantaged in
that way.

I also had a wonderful encyclopedia of cookery, 22 volumes A to Z,
which I acquired one volume at a time as a very young woman, which
explained many previously unknown vegetable, meats and interestingly
different foods.... things I had never eaten or prepared before, and
provided recipes to try, which expanded my repertoire, experience, and
palate. My life and table have been enriched by my continuing open
mindedness about trying new foods. Julies has not.

What is more, her illness continues to worsen and it seems obvious
that her lifestyle and eating habits (like all of us) are contributing
factors. I feel deeply sorry for her difficulties, but I know better
than to make any suggestions to her, as I did that in the past and
remembering how she reacted. I have my own issues in that
department, so I have no room to talk.

For the present time, my own health has improved enormously since my
surgery last summer. I just have a very tiny appetite nowadays, but
I eat a little of everything, as long as I eat the protein portion
first on my plate, then the veggies, and only then if I have room, a
bite or two of starch.

I hope I haven't "failed" in my attempt to be fair in this issue. I
wish everyone a very happy New Year!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 00:07:02 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> [ . . . . ]
>>> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
>>> with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

>> We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

>There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their BG
>would come down. Susan is one of them.

For some people it seems to work out that way.

Not everyone is capable of it, nor does it agree with everyone's body
chemistry. But if it does, and your BG's improve, why not try it?

In my case I developed a host of other issues all of a sudden when I
low carbed. My doctor urged me to eat SOME.

There is one thing I absolutely know for sure; If you have diabetes,
even if you don't cut out the carbs, CONTROLLING the actual amount of
carbs you eat, is essential.

It is carbohydrates which our bodies can no longer handle properly.

No more than the equivelant of one slice of bread or 1/2 cup of rice
or potatoes per meal works best for me. ONE small piece of fruit
twice a day.

No more eating whatever I want anymore and mindlessly stuffing my
face.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> For the present time, my own health has improved enormously since my
> surgery last summer. I just have a very tiny appetite nowadays, but
> I eat a little of everything, as long as I eat the protein portion
> first on my plate, then the veggies, and only then if I have room, a
> bite or two of starch.

Sounds like surgery was a great success, congratulations Evelyn. How is
the weight loss progressing?

> I hope I haven't "failed" in my attempt to be fair in this issue. I
> wish everyone a very happy New Year!

Seems like a fair take on the situation to me. Happy New Year to you
too.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> [ . . . . ]
>>> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
>>> with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

>> We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

> There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
> BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-no-archive: e

On 1/3/2012 9:57 AM, Cheri wrote:

> No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
> related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
> helped any diabetic.

Exactly.

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 2:11 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Julie > wrote:

>>> I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my
>>> jo(lo)kia.

>> Sorry, I don't get that either.

> Sorry. I was just trying to spice things up a bit. ;-0

thought you did so quite well

Julie, there is a good website www.dictionary.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 5:15 AM, Evelyn wrote:
> [...]
> palate. My life and table have been enriched by my continuing open
> mindedness about trying new foods. Julies has not.
>
> What is more, her illness continues to worsen and it seems obvious
> that her lifestyle and eating habits (like all of us) are contributing
> factors. I feel deeply sorry for her difficulties, but I know better
> than to make any suggestions to her, as I did that in the past and
> remembering how she reacted. I have my own issues in that
> department, so I have no room to talk.
>
> For the present time, my own health has improved enormously since my
> surgery last summer. I just have a very tiny appetite nowadays, but
> I eat a little of everything, as long as I eat the protein portion
> first on my plate, then the veggies, and only then if I have room, a
> bite or two of starch.
>
> I hope I haven't "failed" in my attempt to be fair in this issue. I

eloquent summary Evelyn

but more importantly, sounds like you are doing very well! congratulations!

Would you still do it over again? (the surgery, or?)

wishing you all the best for 2012

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/3/2012 2:11 AM, Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> Sorry, I don't get that either.

>> Sorry. I was just trying to spice things up a bit. ;-0
>>

> thought you did so quite well
>
> Julie, there is a good website www.dictionary.com

Yes. I know about it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> [...]

> palate. My life and table have been enriched by my continuing open
> mindedness about trying new foods. Julies has not.
>
> What is more, her illness continues to worsen and it seems obvious
> that her lifestyle and eating habits (like all of us) are contributing
> factors. I feel deeply sorry for her difficulties, but I know better
> than to make any suggestions to her, as I did that in the past and
> remembering how she reacted. I have my own issues in that
> department, so I have no room to talk.
>
> For the present time, my own health has improved enormously since my
> surgery last summer. I just have a very tiny appetite nowadays, but
> I eat a little of everything, as long as I eat the protein portion
> first on my plate, then the veggies, and only then if I have room, a
> bite or two of starch.
>
> I hope I haven't "failed" in my attempt to be fair in this issue. I

I grew up in a house where many foods were disgusting. Both of my parents
referred to foods as exactly that. And they still do. I was once told that
the food I brought in from a taco place smelled like garbage. And my mom
used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us making
faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it? Is it any
wonder that I never learned to like the stuff?

My maternal grandmother and her husband expressed similar disgusts for many
foods and were very vocal about it. They refused to eat anything that they
considered to be foreign and my step-grandpa would not touch a leftover or
eat outdoors.

So to me, referring to foods like that is a very normal thing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

>> There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
>> BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

> No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
> related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
> helped any diabetic.

Actually she has said that countless times!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
: On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 02:37:24 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" >
: wrote:

: >: >
[...]

this is possibly true. I often find julies posts off-putting, but just
don't reply. something just hit me this time adn I kind of exploded.

Could be this whole New Year's time which has had me kidn of weird without
Syd, but I have no right to impose that on other people. I am a grown-up
and shouldn't dump and rant on a newsgroup.

:
[...]

Glad to ear you are doing so well. Keep it up and keep letting us know of
your progress as we all care about you.

By the way, how is your shoulder doing these days? Mine is canky, I
believe, becuse of the walker putting sress on it.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
: Ozgirl wrote:
: > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

: > Well Wendy feels offended. I don't think it was meant to offend her
: > but I am not you (who may or may not have meant to offend) or Wendy
: > (who did feel offended). Kiss and make up?

: Okay sorry Wendy. But I can't say it won't happen again because that is
: just the way I speak!

OK, I will just have to learn to make an exception for you and understand
that you do not really mean what your words say.

Sorry,

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
> : Ozgirl wrote:
> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
> : > Well Wendy feels offended. I don't think it was meant to offend her
> : > but I am not you (who may or may not have meant to offend) or Wendy
> : > (who did feel offended). Kiss and make up?
>
> : Okay sorry Wendy. But I can't say it won't happen again because that is
> : just the way I speak!
>
> OK, I will just have to learn to make an exception for you and understand
> that you do not really mean what your words say.
>
> Sorry,
>
> Wendy

What? I DO mean what my words say!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 12:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I grew up in a house where many foods were disgusting. Both of my parents
> referred to foods as exactly that. And they still do. I was once told that
> the food I brought in from a taco place smelled like garbage. And my mom
> used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us making
> faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it? Is it any
> wonder that I never learned to like the stuff?
>
> My maternal grandmother and her husband expressed similar disgusts for many
> foods and were very vocal about it. They refused to eat anything that they
> considered to be foreign and my step-grandpa would not touch a leftover or
> eat outdoors.
>
> So to me, referring to foods like that is a very normal thing.

and that is what is so sad........ food isn't disgusting and those
behaviours aren't normal

would a counselor help? i bet Angela would benefit too

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 12:02 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
>> >
>> > No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
>> > related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
>> > helped any diabetic.

> Actually she has said that countless times!

Julie, you have been on usenet for how many years???

the low carb/high carb discussions have gone on since my first entry to
usenet

and, HIGH CARB DIETS will RAISE your bg levels! the archives will
reflect many meals you posted about (during your vegetarian days) that
were all carbs and nothing else, along with your surprise over how high
your bg went

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb,
>>> their BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

>> No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
>> related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
>> helped any diabetic.

> Actually she has said that countless times!

No, she hasn't said that low carb is the "only" way for everyone at all.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
>>> related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
>>> helped any diabetic.

>> Actually she has said that countless times!

> No, she hasn't said that low carb is the "only" way for everyone at all.

She does tell them if they would low carb their BG would come down.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 12:14 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> OK, I will just have to learn to make an exception for you and understand
> that you do not really mean what your words say.
>
> Sorry,
>
> Wendy

you don't have anything to be sorry about Wendy, so please don't apologize

if person A is allowed to be upset, then persons (everyone else) can
also be upset....... this concept of person A needs "special treatment"
is fine, i guess, but that doesn't mean i'll bother to extend it when we
repeatedly get kicked in the teeth by person A

luv
person (other)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/3/2012 12:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I grew up in a house where many foods were disgusting. Both of my
>> parents
>> referred to foods as exactly that. And they still do. I was once told
>> that
>> the food I brought in from a taco place smelled like garbage. And my mom
>> used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us
>> making
>> faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it? Is it any
>> wonder that I never learned to like the stuff?
>>
>> My maternal grandmother and her husband expressed similar disgusts for
>> many
>> foods and were very vocal about it. They refused to eat anything that
>> they
>> considered to be foreign and my step-grandpa would not touch a leftover
>> or
>> eat outdoors.
>>
>> So to me, referring to foods like that is a very normal thing.
>>

> and that is what is so sad........ food isn't disgusting and those
> behaviours aren't normal
>
> would a counselor help? i bet Angela would benefit too

WHATTTTTTT? OMFG! That is extremely insulting! Extremely! Just because I
grew up in a different manner than you did doesn't mean that it is
necessarily wrong. Some food is disgusting to *me*. It certainly is and
you can't tell me otherwise. There are such things as picky eaters. I know
a whole lot of them.

Angela and I eat a balanced diet given our food allergies. I don't *have*
to like everything you like. And just because *I* don't like something
doesn't make it "sad".

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>> Actually she has said that countless times!

> Julie, you have been on usenet for how many years???
>
> the low carb/high carb discussions have gone on since my first entry to
> usenet
>
> and, HIGH CARB DIETS will RAISE your bg levels! the archives will reflect
> many meals you posted about (during your vegetarian days) that were all
> carbs and nothing else, along with your surprise over how high your bg
> went

Did I say anything about a high carb diet? No. And I never ate meals that
were all carbs and nothing else. I did eat beans. Beans contain protein.

I wasn't a diabetic then. And there was no surprise about my BG. I think
you are remembering things very wrong.

Yes, I ate a lot more carbs before I was a diabetic. I'd be willing to bet
a lot of us did, but perhaps in different forms. I never was one to eat a
lot of bread or fruit or sweets.

This isn't a low carb/high carb discussion. Not at all!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Actually she has said that countless times!

>> No, she hasn't said that low carb is the "only" way for everyone at all.

> She does tell them if they would low carb their BG would come down.

She says..."to try low carbing" and see if your BG will come down when
people are having high BG...everyone has a different idea of what low carb
is, so if someone is eating 200gm of carb, and they cut down to 100gm for
instance, they usually will find that it helps a great deal with control. Of
course there are those that don't want to deprive themselves of anything, so
they continue on a high carb path...and then wonder why they develop a
number of other things, while posting the high carb snacks, meals etc. that
they're eating. Then...yes, patience wears thin, and people will point out
the folly of it.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> No, she hasn't said that low carb is the "only" way for everyone at all.

>> She does tell them if they would low carb their BG would come down.

> She says..."to try low carbing" and see if your BG will come down when
> people are having high BG...everyone has a different idea of what low carb
> is, so if someone is eating 200gm of carb, and they cut down to 100gm for
> instance, they usually will find that it helps a great deal with control.
> Of course there are those that don't want to deprive themselves of
> anything, so they continue on a high carb path...and then wonder why they
> develop a number of other things, while posting the high carb snacks,
> meals etc. that they're eating. Then...yes, patience wears thin, and
> people will point out the folly of it.

I do not think 100g is low carb.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> She does tell them if they would low carb their BG would come down.

>> She says..."to try low carbing" and see if your BG will come down when
>> people are having high BG...everyone has a different idea of what low
>> carb is, so if someone is eating 200gm of carb, and they cut down to
>> 100gm for instance, they usually will find that it helps a great deal
>> with control. Of course there are those that don't want to deprive
>> themselves of anything, so they continue on a high carb path...and then
>> wonder why they develop a number of other things, while posting the high
>> carb snacks, meals etc. that they're eating. Then...yes, patience wears
>> thin, and people will point out the folly of it.

> I do not think 100g is low carb.

No, you don't...but many people do.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> > She's filtered (not KF'ed), I couldn't stand that incessant whining, when
> > there are others in the group that have life situations worse than she,
> > and
> > still don't whine about it. The occasional fulminant rave clears the mind
> > and the mood of the group :-) and also earns renewed respect.

> Well I know this is the food newsgroup and I do post about food here. But
> on ASD it is a support group and I do think people should be allowed to vent
> there.
>
> Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am glad it
> is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And I haven't
> found the solution yet.

and once again you demonstrate just how ungrateful you are and how little you
understand what others are trying to tell you
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Ozgirl" > wrote:

> Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
> Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
> for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
> but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
> they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
> *could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
> answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
> personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
> perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.

what makes you think afd should be julies personal psychiatric ward? while she
occasionally does post on topic, most of her posts are rants or thinly veiled
pleas for help...don't think she "rarely" asks for help. At the very least she
demonstrates a lack of graciousness that is astounding but that is only exceeded
by the numbers of people who think she is just fine and can't understand why she
is being "attacked"
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> > i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
> > that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
> > (including YOU!)
> >
> > oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later
> >
> > kate

> What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here want to
> make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me isn't a very
> happy place.

and you do your best to make that a self-fulfilling prophecy, don't you?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> Okay... That was over my head.

> > I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my jo(lo)kia.

> Sorry, I don't get that either.

and now you see how much happier the group is

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> I didn't and I honestly don't know why everyone is getting so upset.

this is the heart of the discussion. you are clueless and ungrateful
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> What? All I said was that you failed the put the link on ASD. What is
> wrong with that? At any rate I do not see how your post would be helpful to
> *me* personally in any way. I'm not saying it was a bad post. Just saying
> it wasn't helpful to me. But then *you* didn't say that it was. Robert is
> the one saying there was a post of interest to me. I'm saying if there was,
> I missed it. He didn't even say what post it was.

what you missed and will continue to miss is that when for some unknown reason a
person reaches out to you with something they think might be of interest or
actually helpful, even if the inadvertently leave a link out is to be gracious
and thank them for thinking of you before lashing out at them. This is a life
lesson, use it on your daughter and watch how it works
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

> I really fail to see how there was any help there. If there was, could you
> please point it out? Because I didn't see it.
>
> As I said...
>
> I saw Wendy's post and then the post about a liquid diet.
>
> If you knew about gastroparesis you would know that the liquid diet is used
> at stage one. That is not where I am at. I can eat things. Just limited
> things.

it's amusing how much energy you spend defending your position by denying a
position is even relevant. if you would just read the posts and ask yourself if
you could present a more humane and graceful presence...

but no, you'd rather be obnoxious and blame everyone else
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 1:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Did I say anything about a high carb diet? No. And I never ate meals that
> were all carbs and nothing else. I did eat beans. Beans contain protein.

Beans, when combined with the right foods will be processed as protein
by your body (not ALL of the beans, but some of the beans). I don't
have "Diet for a Small Planet" handy right now, but i never saw you
mention the rest of the equation for a vegetarian to get PROTEIN in
their diet.

and yes, you have posted about your 'bean diet' meals as a diabetic,
when confused as to why your bg went so high after your meal

i'm dropping this convo
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 1:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> She does tell them if they would low carb their BG would come down.

ya

what part do you have an issue with?

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM