Old 02-01-2012, 08:36 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am glad
it is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And I
haven't found the solution yet.

Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions instead of
making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many of them, but
it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in fact) that you are
"not looking for advice or solutions" so there you have it. JMO

Oh seriously? You think I have taken the easy way? You think having to go
on insulin and still not seeing lower numbers is the easy way? Okay then!

You think I haven't looked for REAL solutions? Okay then! Glad it is so
EASY for you to just low carb. That honestly doesn't work for me at all.
And I have tried. But... Whatever. I know what you think of me now.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:09 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

It really irritates me when people make statements like you did that it's
"so easy" for others to control their BG, so I thought I'd answer in kind.
I'm on Lantus now, but a very small dosage along with low carb. If I ate
anything I wanted all the time, I'd have some really high numbers requiring
fast acting insulin as well. I believe you said you take both now? Anyway,
you had your say, I had my say...that's enough.

Cheri

Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: : ...
: : On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: : In , "Julie
: :
: : wrote:
: :
: : "Robert wrote in message
: : ...
: : There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
: : thought you would want to see.
: :
: : Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have
: it
: : than
: : originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
: :
: : once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
: ungrateful
: : she is
: : for any help
: :
: : without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with
: her
: : "i already know it all" approach
: :
: : i give up
: :
: : i've tried
: :
: : and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
: : already today)
: :
: : but the animosity that her every post exhibits..................
: Julie,
: : send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
:
: : I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
:
: : I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she put a
: link
: : up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
: : originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice by a
: : gastroenterologist.
:
: : I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had that
: but
: : bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
:
: : What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
:
: : Apparently I am missing something.
:
: : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
:
: I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR SOME
: REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my failure!!!!
:
: The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have put
: it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like it
: was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
:
: Wendy

: What? All I said was that you failed the put the link on ASD. What is
: wrong with that? At any rate I do not see how your post would be helpful to
: *me* personally in any way. I'm not saying it was a bad post. Just saying
: it wasn't helpful to me. But then *you* didn't say that it was. Robert is
: the one saying there was a post of interest to me. I'm saying if there was,
: I missed it. He didn't even say what post it was.
As a former or , perhaps. still a writer, you should know the connotations
of words and the emotional and other eanings specifi words have. "failed"
is one such word, implyig some lact or not correct omission or not coming
up to the mark. That is what I am commenting on. You used the word.
"failed which implies that I did something or omitted doing something I
was supposed , or required to do.

I, certainly, was not posting the reference to the article for you or any
other SPECIFIC individual, just to let diabetics have the lastest
information and possibly reduce the worry that it is a common cide effect
of the disease.

Wendy

Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: ...
: On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: In , "Julie
:
: wrote:
:
: "Robert wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations. If
I send an email and get a message back that the message has failed that
doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the sending
didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think Julie
meant you any ill will by using the (correct) word.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:47 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am
glad it is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me.
And I haven't found the solution yet.

Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions
instead of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many
of them, but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in
fact) that you are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there you
have it. JMO

Cheri

Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
*could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.

In this thread I personally would have said (if I was in your shoes, and
of course I'm not) "thanks Wendy, I will look into it" and leave it
there. For an analogy, we don't ask for Xmas and birthday gifts etc but
there are two ways we can receive them - with graciousness (whether we
find the gift useful or whatever) or with an attitude of "why would you
think I want a gift, especially this one...". The intent of the giver is
almost always good. In UseNet not always good intent but those people
are easier to weed out and delete than family and friends

At the end of the day of course, we will all post how we want but I'd
rather see a bit more tolerance in the groups personally.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. To stop the
nausea, vomiting and horrible full feeling something has to give. In
this case its the low carb that has to go. I personally think it would
be way harder to try and control when one of the best tools of success
is not not available to us. If I had to choose between gastroparesis and
having to eat low carb I know which would be the easier option. Low
carbing is a battle for some, I know that, but at least we have that
option open to us.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 4:47 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

Jan, i think you hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of
graciousness and the accusatory fashion that Julie will delve off into
that will get the best of me.... like last night when i didn't agree
with her, so she felt i was angry

no....... not at all, but i did get angry soon after that!

perhaps it's best if i just don't reply to Julie's 'venting'
wait, or bother to read it either

Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

Remember being told as a child to count to ten before action?
Although I did whack someone in grade 4, put they whacked first...

Old 03-01-2012, 12:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

it sort of all went S when Julie asked "what post??? there isn't
anything i need to know, yada"

i calmly and politely indicated the subject matter that she might have
found to be of interest

and things went downhill rather quickly after that.......... i should
have recognized the IDGAF 'tude she was displaying

guess that means it's 'my bad' that i didn't anticipate Julie's next
reaction(s)??

ya, don't answer is probably best.... that's where i left it when she
informed me i was angry with her

???????
right

i'm not angry, i just don't need to waste my time on that kind of shitty
'tude

kate
Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms! Reactions to other
people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words to
heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back. But
you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years in
usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more recent.
FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:37 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: : ...
: : On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: : In , "Julie
: :
: : wrote:
: :
: : "Robert wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

It seemed quite judgemental to me. I sent the article to a group I didn't
even think julie read because I didn't tink she woudl find anyting from
it, then later thried to get it to ASD, but it idn't work.

I think julie shuld watch her words, as they can send the wrong meaning if
she did not man to criticise. She is often very free with her disgust at
things other people enjoy, usually foods, but is quick to take offense if
she thinks someone is somehow criticising or being at all "judgemental"
about her. I usually remain silent, but this one just pushed the wrong
button.

Wendy
Old 03-01-2012, 04:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 6:21 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms!

grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym

Reactions to other
people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words to
heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back. But
you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me at
any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is that
brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years in
usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more recent.
FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and well....
why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i stop! LOL

and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well, i
have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL

kate (frustrated, for the record)
lol

Old 03-01-2012, 04:48 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/2/2012 6:21 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms!

grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym

Reactions to other
people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words
heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back.
But
you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me at
any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is that
brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your
butt looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years
in
usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more
recent.
FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and well....
why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i
stop! LOL

and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well, i
have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL

kate (frustrated, for the record)

I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:

How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could be
avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to receive
help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.

I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where we
have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having one
of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
killfiled. Point taken.

Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific
person.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

I said that originally because I just get sick of some people pushing others
to low carb as if that is all we need to do. Just because it works for them
doesn't mean it will work for all.

I do not take Lantus any more. It does nothing for me. I take 75/25, N and
Humalog. That's 4 kinds of insulin along with 2 diabetes meds. And at no
time can I eat whatever I want. Even if I did want to low carb, I can't do
it because it doesn't work with my gastroparesis and it causes my BG to go
even higher.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

[...]

Yes indeed!

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM