Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

"KROM" > wrote:
> Certainly!
>
> you might find a medium you can both do together to reach him a bit.
>
> I would try clay as thats tactile and let them pick out whatever else
> they wish to use
>
> what you do is dont interrupt his drawing/painting etc...you get on
> the floor and do your own with supplies for him to join in if he wishes
>
> if he does engage dont freak out..stay quiet and calm and ask him
> pertinent questions like "I like that can you show me how to make one?"
>
> dont ask what the thing is or guess at it if you dont know..that
> will frustrate and shut them down
>
> KROM
>
> "Nick Cramer" wrote ...
>
> I know he likes to draw. Maybe, rather than buying him any art stuff,
> I'll get my wife or daughter to take him and me to an art store and let
> him pick out some stuff he likes. What do you think, KROM?

Thanks, KROM. Clay sounds like fun and you get it all over yourself!

Please email me. I have some questions that might be better asked in
private.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "KROM" > wrote in message

> > Certainly!
> >
> > you might find a medium you can both do together to reach him a bit.
> >
> > I would try clay as thats tactile and let them pick out whatever
> > else they wish to use

> Interesting that you mention clay. In all my experience with people with
> intellectual disabilities (not just people within the autism spectrum) I
> have found that they abhor textures like clay, play dough, jello etc and
> can go quite ballistic if something like that is put in their hands. A
> safe bet is to have a few different things on a table and let them
> choose. If they remember a bad experience with a texture they will
> automatically avoid that item but if they have no experience one would
> have to be prepared for an explosion

Or perhaps a bad experience with something or someone while using that
texture? My wife was just telling me that when he was over at his aunt's
house he was building all kinds of stuff with the Lego's. His mother told
me that his teacher at school told the kids to draw a map. Instead he drew
whatever he drew. I now suspect that he drew something that he already saw
in his mind.

> > what you do is dont interrupt his drawing/painting etc...you get on
> > the floor and do your own with supplies for him to join in if he
> > wishes
> >
> > if he does engage dont freak out..stay quiet and calm and ask him
> > pertinent questions like "I like that can you show me how to make
> > one?"
> >
> > dont ask what the thing is or guess at it if you dont know..that
> > will frustrate and shut them down

> Like, that is a nice picture of mummy and daddy, to find out it is the
> family dog Almost all of the people I have had experience with autism
> (through my work when I was a housemother to intellectually disabled
> males and people I have met through Jasmine's school, therapy centres
> etc) don't speak at all. But I probably get to see people with profound
> disabilities given that Jasmine has been assessed as having a severe
> intellectual disability. My experience with people with Aspergers for
> example has been my friend's son and husband for the most part.

Have you heard about a benefit for autistics from riding horses?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> "KROM" > wrote in message

>> > Certainly!
>> >
>> > you might find a medium you can both do together to reach him a
>> > bit.
>> >
>> > I would try clay as that?Ts tactile and let them pick out whatever
>> > else they wish to use

>> Interesting that you mention clay. In all my experience with people
>> with
>> intellectual disabilities (not just people within the autism
>> spectrum) I
>> have found that they abhor textures like clay, play dough, jello etc
>> and
>> can go quite ballistic if something like that is put in their hands.
>> safe bet is to have a few different things on a table and let them
>> choose. If they remember a bad experience with a texture they will
>> automatically avoid that item but if they have no experience one
>> would
>> have to be prepared for an explosion

> Or perhaps a bad experience with something or someone while using that
> texture? My wife was just telling me that when he was over at his
> aunt's
> house he was building all kinds of stuff with the Lego's. His mother
> told
> me that his teacher at school told the kids to draw a map. Instead he
> drew
> whatever he drew. I now suspect that he drew something that he already
> saw
> in his mind.
>
>> > what you do is don?Tt interrupt his drawing/painting etc...you get
>> > on
>> > the floor and do your own with supplies for him to join in if he
>> > wishes
>> >
>> > if he does engage don?Tt freak out..stay quiet and calm and ask
>> > him
>> > pertinent questions like "I like that can you show me how to make
>> > one?"
>> >
>> > don?Tt ask what the thing is or guess at it if you don?Tt
>> > know..that
>> > will frustrate and shut them down

>> Like, that is a nice picture of mummy and daddy, to find out it is
>> the
>> family dog Almost all of the people I have had experience with
>> autism
>> (through my work when I was a housemother to intellectually disabled
>> males and people I have met through Jasmine's school, therapy centres
>> etc) don't speak at all. But I probably get to see people with
>> profound
>> disabilities given that Jasmine has been assessed as having a severe
>> intellectual disability. My experience with people with Aspergers for
>> example has been my friend's son and husband for the most part.

> Have you heard about a benefit for autistics from riding horses?

Depends what you mean by benefits. When we lived in NSW Jasmine went
once a week to an establishment called Riding for the Disabled (RDA).
She loved it. Some kids only go once and freak out so much it is never
attempted again Each child, no matter what their disability is or
even if they don't have one (my 5 yr old grandson for example who had a
massive freakout on a shetland pony) will react differently to a horse
and/or horse riding. If you take him near a horse and he shies away
immediately then you can pretty much guarantee he won't want to get on
it, possibly ever - kids like my grandson may get over the fear as he
will evaluate that scenario better as he gets older, in general people
with severe autism don't.

Someone who is profoundly autistic really only enjoys doing their own
things. People often attempt to get their child to do things in the
mistaken belief that its is good for them or whatever reason. They have
the same needs and rights as the rest of us. For example, would you be
happy about someone thinking your life is dull or narrow or whatever and
then trying to makes things better for you? I enjoy my life exactly how
it is. For the most part I have chosen my lifestyle because its the
lifestyle I like. Why should I do anything different? If one is around
someone with a disability a lot then you get to know their likes and
dislikes etc even if they seem to not even hear or see you.

I used to try and get into Jasmine's head but ultimately I had to come
to the realisation that I am not Jasmine and I have to ACCEPT her for
who she is, not who I might or might not want her to be. My son, the one
I suspect has Aspergers is a different kettle of fish, we can
communicate to a great degree and he can talk back. Even Jasmine can in
her own way but she is not profoundly autistic (moderately so at worst).
But they are both at one end of the autism spectrum, your grandson maybe
at the other end?

I am not sure what you are wanting here, so help me Do you just wish
to find a way to communicate better with your grandson? My experience
with the most profound autistic children has been with kids who ignore
absolutely every person around them, always. Trying to get their
attention with words was/is impossible. They would respond to things
like tv shows or other unexpected noise for a split second as in they
would stop, look at the tv very briefly then go back to doing what they
were doing, e.g. twirling an object, sitting in a bean bag, rocking in a
chair, whatever. They would know if their parent walked into the room to
collect them but only so far as getting up and walking towards the door,
i.e. no acknowledging the parent with a look, word or hug etc. Perhaps
your grandson isn't at that level? Does he speak? Make eye contact?
Smile? Voluntarily touch other people? I'd be inclined to leave a
variety of arty stuff around on a table and let him go for it or not. If
he doesn't touch certain textures then get rid of them next time as they
could stress him just seeing them. One little girl I knew back in NSW
couldn't be anywhere near balls of any kind without totally losing it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> Interesting that you mention clay. In all my experience with people
> >> with
> >> intellectual disabilities (not just people within the autism
> >> spectrum) I
> >> have found that they abhor textures like clay, play dough, jello etc
> >> and
> >> can go quite ballistic if something like that is put in their hands.
> >> safe bet is to have a few different things on a table and let them
> >> choose. If they remember a bad experience with a texture they will
> >> automatically avoid that item but if they have no experience one
> >> would
> >> have to be prepared for an explosion

> > Or perhaps a bad experience with something or someone while using that
> > texture? My wife was just telling me that when he was over at his
> > aunt's
> > house he was building all kinds of stuff with the Lego's. His mother
> > told
> > me that his teacher at school told the kids to draw a map. Instead he
> > drew
> > whatever he drew. I now suspect that he drew something that he already
> > saw
> > in his mind.

> >> Like, that is a nice picture of mummy and daddy, to find out it is
> >> the
> >> family dog Almost all of the people I have had experience with
> >> autism
> >> (through my work when I was a housemother to intellectually disabled
> >> males and people I have met through Jasmine's school, therapy centres
> >> etc) don't speak at all. But I probably get to see people with
> >> profound
> >> disabilities given that Jasmine has been assessed as having a severe
> >> intellectual disability. My experience with people with Aspergers for
> >> example has been my friend's son and husband for the most part.

> > Have you heard about a benefit for autistics from riding horses?

> Depends what you mean by benefits. When we lived in NSW Jasmine went
> once a week to an establishment called Riding for the Disabled (RDA).
> She loved it. Some kids only go once and freak out so much it is never
> attempted again Each child, no matter what their disability is or
> even if they don't have one (my 5 yr old grandson for example who had a
> massive freakout on a shetland pony) will react differently to a horse
> and/or horse riding. If you take him near a horse and he shies away
> immediately then you can pretty much guarantee he won't want to get on
> it, possibly ever - kids like my grandson may get over the fear as he
> will evaluate that scenario better as he gets older, in general people
> with severe autism don't.

My wife asked me about it. I told her I'd ask.

> Someone who is profoundly autistic really only enjoys doing their own
> things. People often attempt to get their child to do things in the
> mistaken belief that its is good for them or whatever reason. They have
> the same needs and rights as the rest of us. For example, would you be
> happy about someone thinking your life is dull or narrow or whatever and
> then trying to makes things better for you?

But, when I was younger, I was exposed to a lot of new things. Some I
enjoyed and did. Others I didn't care for.

> I enjoy my life exactly how it is. For the most part I have chosen my
> lifestyle because its the lifestyle I like. Why should I do anything
> different? If one is around someone with a disability a lot then you get
> to know their likes and dislikes etc even if they seem to not even hear
> or see you.

I'm not around him a lot. I don't know how I would know if he's happy or
content, except that he doesn't show obvious signs of distress.

> I used to try and get into Jasmine's head but ultimately I had to come
> to the realisation that I am not Jasmine and I have to ACCEPT her for
> who she is, not who I might or might not want her to be. My son, the one
> I suspect has Aspergers is a different kettle of fish, we can
> communicate to a great degree and he can talk back. Even Jasmine can in
> her own way but she is not profoundly autistic (moderately so at worst).
> But they are both at one end of the autism spectrum, your grandson maybe
> at the other end?
>
> I am not sure what you are wanting here, so help me Do you just wish
> to find a way to communicate better with your grandson?

No. I just want his horizons to be as wide as he wants.

> My experience with the most profound autistic children has been with kids
> who ignore absolutely every person around them, always. Trying to get
> their attention with words was/is impossible. They would respond to
> things like tv shows or other unexpected noise for a split second as in
> they would stop, look at the tv very briefly then go back to doing what
> they were doing, e.g. twirling an object, sitting in a bean bag, rocking
> in a chair, whatever. They would know if their parent walked into the
> room to collect them but only so far as getting up and walking towards
> the door, i.e. no acknowledging the parent with a look, word or hug etc.
> Perhaps your grandson isn't at that level?

I have no need to communicate with him. I just know that someday he's
either gonna have to be able to take care of himself or be taken care of.

> Does he speak?

Not that I've noticed. But apparently when he has to.

> Make eye contact?

Not that I've noticed.

> Smile?

Not that I've noticed.

> Voluntarily touch other people?

Not that I've noticed.

> I'd be inclined to leave a variety of arty stuff around on a table and
> let him go for it or not. If he doesn't touch certain textures then get
> rid of them next time as they could stress him just seeing them. One
> little girl I knew back in NSW couldn't be anywhere near balls of any
> kind without totally losing it.

Thanks very much, Jan. Believe me, you and KROM are helping me a lot in
dealing with this situation.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> [...]

> either gonna have to be able to take care of himself or be taken care
> of.
>
>> Does he speak?

> Not that I've noticed. But apparently when he has to.
>
>> Make eye contact?

> Not that I've noticed.
>
>> Smile?

> Not that I've noticed.
>
>> Voluntarily touch other people?

> Not that I've noticed.
>
>> I'd be inclined to leave a variety of arty stuff around on a table
>> and
>> let him go for it or not. If he doesn't touch certain textures then
>> get
>> rid of them next time as they could stress him just seeing them. One
>> little girl I knew back in NSW couldn't be anywhere near balls of any
>> kind without totally losing it.

> Thanks very much, Jan. Believe me, you and KROM are helping me a lot

From what you are saying Nick, it seems like this little boy will always
need a carer.

I know that with a lot of kids with autism that they were on par with
all the normal baby and early childhood milestones (including smiling,
talking and cuddling etc) and then suddenly it all went backwards until
the child was just a shell. I am immensely grateful that I knew of
Jazzy's disability from day one. I can't think of anything worse (other
than death) than having a perfectly normal child who suddenly becomes
severely disabled. I think really though that the people who know what
he will enjoy most are those that have been on that journey with him
from the very day he started to shows signs of autism. Who have
experienced the grief and disillusionment, worked hand in hand with the
various therapists etc, his parents in other words.

Therapists also know the kinds of things that children with intellectual
disability "may" enjoy, without therapists I have no idea how I would
have coped. My pediatrician could give me every bit of medical info
about Down syndrome and autism that he knew but the therapists know the
every day, nitty gritty stuff. They are the ones who provide the
information needed to get through another day, what kinds of aids are
helpful and those that are not, depending on the type of disability etc.
I can tell you everything that works for us to give of some kind if
semblance of a workable life but that might not be what works for your
little one. Its a play it by ear thing in a lot of instances.

I understand what you mean about exposing him to a wide variety of
experiences but he will dictate to a degree what he will or won't enjoy
in life. If getting on a horse appears to give him joy (i.e. he isn't
making obvious gestures of fear and complaint) then by all means go for
it. I have exposed Jazz to zoos, baby animal farms, movies, live
theatre, beaches, shopping, theme parks etc. Out of all of those things
the beach is what she enjoys most, movies (at home in her own bedroom
though) and more often than not is signing "home" when we are at a place
no more than a few minutes. She has participated in indoor soccer,
watched her brothers play football (totally only interested in the meat
pie and sauce at the footy though, lol). She likes parks where there are
swings, trampolining to a degree, drumming, dancing, hates arty crafty
stuff and fireworks. I can tell in an instant whether she is bored,
upset, angry etc without her saying a word. But as her mother I have
spent every day with her and its natural that I know this.

So I guess if I had to give advice I would say spread his horizons
(within his capabilities) while observing his reactions and doing stuff
we grandparents aren't supposed to do like spoiling and giving lollies,
lol.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> [ . . . . ]
> From what you are saying Nick, it seems like this little boy will always
> need a carer.
>
> I know that with a lot of kids with autism that they were on par with
> all the normal baby and early childhood milestones (including smiling,
> talking and cuddling etc) and then suddenly it all went backwards until
> the child was just a shell. I am immensely grateful that I knew of
> Jazzy's disability from day one. I can't think of anything worse (other
> than death) than having a perfectly normal child who suddenly becomes
> severely disabled. I think really though that the people who know what
> he will enjoy most are those that have been on that journey with him
> from the very day he started to shows signs of autism. Who have
> experienced the grief and disillusionment, worked hand in hand with the
> various therapists etc, his parents in other words.
>
> Therapists also know the kinds of things that children with intellectual
> disability "may" enjoy, without therapists I have no idea how I would
> have coped. My pediatrician could give me every bit of medical info
> about Down syndrome and autism that he knew but the therapists know the
> every day, nitty gritty stuff. They are the ones who provide the
> information needed to get through another day, what kinds of aids are
> helpful and those that are not, depending on the type of disability etc.
> I can tell you everything that works for us to give of some kind if
> semblance of a workable life but that might not be what works for your
> little one. Its a play it by ear thing in a lot of instances.
>
> I understand what you mean about exposing him to a wide variety of
> experiences but he will dictate to a degree what he will or won't enjoy
> in life. If getting on a horse appears to give him joy (i.e. he isn't
> making obvious gestures of fear and complaint) then by all means go for
> it. I have exposed Jazz to zoos, baby animal farms, movies, live
> theatre, beaches, shopping, theme parks etc. Out of all of those things
> the beach is what she enjoys most, movies (at home in her own bedroom
> though) and more often than not is signing "home" when we are at a place
> no more than a few minutes. She has participated in indoor soccer,
> watched her brothers play football (totally only interested in the meat
> pie and sauce at the footy though, lol). She likes parks where there are
> swings, trampolining to a degree, drumming, dancing, hates arty crafty
> stuff and fireworks. I can tell in an instant whether she is bored,
> upset, angry etc without her saying a word. But as her mother I have
> spent every day with her and its natural that I know this.
>
> So I guess if I had to give advice I would say spread his horizons
> (within his capabilities) while observing his reactions and doing stuff
> we grandparents aren't supposed to do like spoiling and giving lollies,
> lol.

Thanks again, Jan. I am primarily a questioner and observer in/of life.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:

>> So I guess if I had to give advice I would say spread his horizons
>> (within his capabilities) while observing his reactions and doing
>> stuff
>> we grandparents aren't supposed to do like spoiling and giving
>> lollies,
>> lol.

> Thanks again, Jan. I am primarily a questioner and observer in/of
> life.

My kinda person

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I am weird I dont mind clay and it makes transferring my 3d head stuff into
3d real world stuff easier then paint.

I detest paper Mache though..don't know why..lol..the glue and paper freaks
me out.

I have worked in all sorts of materials for me it was more about forcing the
image/idea out then the material.

like eating your veggies to get to dessert.. it was the end that mattered to
me

I also am different from what I've read in that I like hard textures rather
then soft/furry.

I used to lay face down on cement a lot as a kid..if it had a lot of rocks
in it all the better because I could use the rocks as story inspiration.

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote in message ...

"KROM" > wrote in message
> Certainly!
>
> you might find a medium you can both do together to reach him a bit.
>
> I would try clay as thats tactile and let them pick out whatever else
> they wish to use

Interesting that you mention clay. In all my experience with people with
intellectual disabilities (not just people within the autism spectrum) I
have found that they abhor textures like clay, play dough, jello etc and
can go quite ballistic if something like that is put in their hands. A
safe bet is to have a few different things on a table and let them
choose. If they remember a bad experience with a texture they will
automatically avoid that item but if they have no experience one would
have to be prepared for an explosion

> what you do is dont interrupt his drawing/painting etc...you get on the
> floor and do your own with supplies for him to join in if he wishes
>
> if he does engage dont freak out..stay quiet and calm and ask him
> pertinent questions like "I like that can you show me how to make one?"
>
> dont ask what the thing is or guess at it if you dont know..that will
> frustrate and shut them down

Like, that is a nice picture of mummy and daddy, to find out it is the
family dog Almost all of the people I have had experience with autism
(through my work when I was a housemother to intellectually disabled
males and people I have met through Jasmine's school, therapy centres
etc) don't speak at all. But I probably get to see people with profound
disabilities given that Jasmine has been assessed as having a severe
intellectual disability. My experience with people with Aspergers for
example has been my friend's son and husband for the most part.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

horses and dolphins etc are large and quiet animals with large eyes who dont
ask anything of you but like your presence

they also feel neat..lol

KROM

"Nick Cramer" wrote
Have you heard about a benefit for autistics from riding horses?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oh make sure its a modeling clay a drier one wet clay might freak him
out..but have both and see if he reacts

I used to open play dough..make my thing once and let it dry out and never
use it again

so my parents never bough me it..lol

KROM

"KROM" > wrote:
> Certainly!
>
> you might find a medium you can both do together to reach him a bit.
>
> I would try clay as that€„¢s tactile and let them pick out whatever else
> they wish to use
>
> what you do is don€„¢t interrupt his drawing/painting etc...you get on
> the floor and do your own with supplies for him to join in if he wishes
>
> if he does engage don€„¢t freak out..stay quiet and calm and ask him
> pertinent questions like "I like that can you show me how to make one?"
>
> don€„¢t ask what the thing is or guess at it if you don€„¢t know..that
> will frustrate and shut them down
>
> KROM
>
> "Nick Cramer" wrote ...
>
> I know he likes to draw. Maybe, rather than buying him any art stuff,
> I'll get my wife or daughter to take him and me to an art store and let
> him pick out some stuff he likes. What do you think, KROM?

Thanks, KROM. Clay sounds like fun and you get it all over yourself!

Please email me. I have some questions that might be better asked in
private.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

that was my hardest thing to learn

I still get kicks from wife to shut up...lol

he needs a wife to kick him when he rails on..lol

seriously though its hard to find subjects we are interested in enough to
externalize..its why we get stuck on things.

think of it like being in a world where everyone talks about car repair all
the time and you find ONE who wants to talk about a thing you like..you get
overjoyed and tend to go on and on.

of course this comes across as rude to others..but we think its rude all you
ever talk about is car repair..lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote ...

lol. My son is very sociable but he talks almost exclusively on one
subject at a time. Either music or movies (including everything about
producers/directors as well as cast and plots).

If people try to change the subject he tries to being it back to his pet
subjects and if that doesn't work he walks away. He will never have a
discussion about anything that doesn't suit him.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

sure thing

KROM

"Nick Cramer" wrote ...

KROM, Please email me. In discussing our grandson, my wife asked me some
questions about you. Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

x-np-archive: yes

On 1/8/2012 2:41 PM, KROM wrote:
> it wasnt until a couple years or so ago we got realistic portrayal on
> tv that didnt make us look like babbling idiots.
>
> there's that woman who worked with animals or some such who was
> interviewed a lot..she seemed cool..I liked she was more about talking
> about the animals then her autism.

Temple Grandin. PhD. :-)

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/8/2012 1:32 PM, Susan wrote:
>> there's that woman who worked with animals or some such who was
>> interviewed a lot..she seemed cool..I liked she was more about talking
>> about the animals then her autism.

> Temple Grandin. PhD. :-)
>
> Susan

and she's a very eloquent speaker too

i loved her shows, was that Discovery or A&E..... probably Discovery channel

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/8/2012 1:53 PM, Tiger Lily wrote:
> On 1/8/2012 1:32 PM, Susan wrote:
>>> there's that woman who worked with animals or some such who was
>>> interviewed a lot..she seemed cool..I liked she was more about talking
>>> about the animals then her autism.

>> Temple Grandin. PhD. :-)
>>
>> Susan

> and she's a very eloquent speaker too
>
> i loved her shows, was that Discovery or A&E..... probably Discovery
> channel
>
> kate

clarification, not a 'series' shows, but the documentaries that she
appeared in

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/8/2012 2:51 PM, BlueBrooke wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 17:38:25 -0700, Tiger > wrote:
>
>> why do kids grow so much more during the summer???
>>
>> kate

> To make shopping for school clothes more exciting. :-D
>
> I was just talking to a friend yesterday who told me one of her sons
> is getting about 1/2" taller every month. "Just wait till summer
> hits!" She didn't know what I was talking about -- I guess she hasn't
> "done" that one yet. But if he's already sprouting at that rate, soon
> they're gonna need a bigger house. :-D

oh, Blue, isn't that the truth??? the years i was 'organized' and got
the shopping done in July............. the clothes didn't fit by Sept 15
and the sales were over

now? 3 pairs of jeans at the end of Aug! and purchase as the year continues

everyone thinks teenlet has 'slimmed down'
no, he's just grown taller!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 6:11 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "W. Baker" > wrote:
>>> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>>> : On 1/3/2012 8:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

>>> : the shops that sell the smokers also carry the wood chips, so she
>>> would
>>> : have an idea of where/whom to go ask
>>>
>>> : my favs are
>>> : hickory
>>> : apple
>>> : oak scotch (and such) barrels being recycled from the wine factories
>>> : and more
>>> : grin

>>> What! You don't use alder wood for your salmon:-)

>> Can they get alder in Oz? Does smoking it on a piece of birch count?

> Here is some clue to what might be available here.
> http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/view...hp?f=19&t=2200

lol first post:
"Ross
Just about any dry seasoned hardwood. Wood with sap/resin it it will
give off toxic or bitter fumes/taste. Fruit trees are good, so is Ti
Tree, Cherry and Apple are real good so is used French oak wine barrels.
Red gum is good in moderation.

Cheers"

those wine drums are popular!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> On 1/8/2012 10:17 AM, Susan wrote:
> > On 1/7/2012 11:03 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> >
> >> Have you heard about a benefit for autistics from riding horses?

> > Yes, there are a lot of autistics of varying ages who do really well
> > learning to connect via their bodies and movement on horseback in
> > therapeutic riding programs.
> >
> > The one I volunteered for as a side walker has various kinds of
> > therapists (physical, occupational) directing the lessons for each kid
> > individually. If there's one nearby, I'd look into it.

> One of the advantages of the horse therapy (if the child is able to cope
> with a horse) is that the horse has an innate sense and knows that the
> human riding is different and needs gentle treatment.
>
> If you ever see one of these therapy horses go out for a ride with an
> experienced rider, followed by how the horse changes when they are being
> used as a therapy horse, you would be rather amazed.
>
> I've seen this .... ? empathy in dogs as well.

Thanks, Susan and Kate. What really caught my attention was Susan's
comment, "There are a lot of autistics of varying ages who do really well
learning to connect via their bodies and movement on horseback in
therapeutic riding programs."

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> the best thing to happen to this is the web and connected devices which
> has let many autistics surface and communicate plus diligent parents
> finding patient/unique ways to reach them

Another area that I will investigate. Dank.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> horses and dolphins etc are large and quiet animals with large eyes who
> dont ask anything of you but like your presence
>
> they also feel neat..lol
>
> KROM
>
> "Nick Cramer" wrote
> Have you heard about a benefit for autistics from riding horses?

I've never ridden a dolphin. Saw a video . . . oh. never mind.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> oh make sure its a modeling clay a drier one wet clay might freak him
> out..but have both and see if he reacts
>
> I used to open play dough..make my thing once and let it dry out and
> never use it again
>
> so my parents never bough me it..lol

We'll never know what you might have made next time, eh?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oh yeah..didnt they make a movie about her or some such?

KROM

"Susan" wrote in message ...

x-np-archive: yes

On 1/8/2012 2:41 PM, KROM wrote:
> it wasnt until a couple years or so ago we got realistic portrayal on
> tv that didnt make us look like babbling idiots.
>
> there's that woman who worked with animals or some such who was
> interviewed a lot..she seemed cool..I liked she was more about talking
> about the animals then her autism.

Temple Grandin. PhD. :-)

Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

my one friend used to let her very autistic kid play the sims online with me
because she knew I wouldnt be offended by the kids behaviors.

I just thought it neat she was able to connect at all using the game.

she would show up at our lots and just do her thing..which often involved
slapping my character...lol

but mostly shed go to the disco room we made and shed dance

the game near the end locked down negative interactions and she got bored
and never played again.

I wonder if he'd respond to kinect game for the xbox 360?

no controller to mess with just him and the screen interacting...though I
personally like the feel of the xbox controller a lot..the ps3 not so
much...

but as ozgirl said there's such a wide spectrum and that there is no for
sure way to reach him if he even wishes to be reached.

again your in your tropical beach holodeck simulation and somebody rips you
from it painfully to talk about tomatoes and how they were tastier in their
day...lol

you'd be ticked off.

we all get mad if somebody talks during a movie..this is much worse for them

KROM

"KROM" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> the best thing to happen to this is the web and connected devices which
> has let many autistics surface and communicate plus diligent parents
> finding patient/unique ways to reach them

Another area that I will investigate. Dank.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> oh yeah..didnt they make a movie about her or some such?

> "Susan" wrote in message ...
> On 1/8/2012 2:41 PM, KROM wrote:
> > it wasnt until a couple years or so ago we got realistic portrayal
> > on tv that didnt make us look like babbling idiots.
> >
> > there's that woman who worked with animals or some such who was
> > interviewed a lot..she seemed cool..I liked she was more about talking
> > about the animals then her autism.

> Temple Grandin. PhD. :-)

My daughter, Sai, (Tea's aunt) was just telling me about that movie. She's
gonna rent it for me.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> my one friend used to let her very autistic kid play the sims online with
> me because she knew I wouldnt be offended by the kids behaviors.
>
> I just thought it neat she was able to connect at all using the game.
>
> she would show up at our lots and just do her thing..which often involved
> slapping my character...lol
>
> but mostly shed go to the disco room we made and shed dance
>
> the game near the end locked down negative interactions and she got bored
> and never played again.
>
> I wonder if he'd respond to kinect game for the xbox 360?
>
> no controller to mess with just him and the screen interacting...though I
> personally like the feel of the xbox controller a lot..the ps3 not so
> much...
>
> but as ozgirl said there's such a wide spectrum and that there is no for
> sure way to reach him if he even wishes to be reached.
>
> again your in your tropical beach holodeck simulation and somebody rips
> you from it painfully to talk about tomatoes and how they were tastier in
> their day...lol
>
> you'd be ticked off.
>
> we all get mad if somebody talks during a movie..this is much worse for
> them

[ . . . . ]

I talked to his Mother and Aunt today and learned a lot more about him.
Apparently, he came in second in a spelling-bee a couple of years ago. His
Mother said that he might have won, had he not seen her in the audience. It
seems that as soon as he sees her, he wants to go home. ;-)

He does know how to use a computer. His drawings are very detailed and
precise. He also makes 3-D constructs out of paper and tape.

This morning he was having a fight with his older sister, in the bathroom.
Their father, Lek, broke it up. When Tea came out of the bathroom, he said
to his Mother, "Lek lies!" Then he said to his father, "You and I have to
have a little talk!" LMAO

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "KROM" > wrote:
>> my one friend used to let her very autistic kid play the sims online
>> with
>> me because she knew I wouldn?Tt be offended by the kids behaviors.
>>
>> I just thought it neat she was able to connect at all using the game.
>>
>> she would show up at our lots and just do her thing..which often
>> involved
>> slapping my character...lol
>>
>> but mostly shed go to the disco room we made and shed dance
>>
>> the game near the end locked down negative interactions and she got
>> bored
>> and never played again.
>>
>> I wonder if he'd respond to kinect game for the xbox 360?
>>
>> no controller to mess with just him and the screen
>> interacting...though I
>> personally like the feel of the xbox controller a lot..the ps3 not so
>> much...
>>
>> but as ozgirl said there's such a wide spectrum and that there is no
>> for
>> sure way to reach him if he even wishes to be reached.
>>
>> again your in your tropical beach holodeck simulation and somebody
>> rips
>> you from it painfully to talk about tomatoes and how they were
>> tastier in
>> their day...lol
>>
>> you'd be ticked off.
>>
>> we all get mad if somebody talks during a movie..this is much worse
>> for
>> them

> [ . . . . ]
>
> I talked to his Mother and Aunt today and learned a lot more about
> him.
> Apparently, he came in second in a spelling-bee a couple of years ago.
> His
> Mother said that he might have won, had he not seen her in the
> audience. It
> seems that as soon as he sees her, he wants to go home. ;-)
>
> He does know how to use a computer. His drawings are very detailed and
> precise. He also makes 3-D constructs out of paper and tape.
>
> This morning he was having a fight with his older sister, in the
> bathroom.
> Their father, Lek, broke it up. When Tea came out of the bathroom, he
> said
> to his Mother, "Lek lies!" Then he said to his father, "You and I have
> have a little talk!" LMAO

The good news is that he doesn't appear to have low functioning autism.
A lot of the ideas being thrown around in here are likely to show a
response from him, good or bad. But at least you will have answer as to
what he looks or dislikes by the response. The children and adults that
I have had most contact with through work at Crowle Home and amongst
Jasmine's classmates are very low functioning. i.e. don't talk, don't
make eye contact ever and if you left them in the middle of a busy
highway they wouldn't know where they were or be worried about it and
most likely be killed. No amount of early intervention or ongoing
therapy has worked for those people. Just what you have learned today
from your family will potentially up a lot of opportunities for you
investigate Computer games, arty crafty materials to have on hand
etc. Maybe encourage him to draw gorses to gauge his feelings about
them. I am happy for you Nick xx

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> [...]

> A lot of the ideas being thrown around in here are likely to show a
> response from him, good or bad. But at least you will have answer as to
> what he looks or dislikes by the response. The children and adults that
> I have had most contact with through work at Crowle Home and amongst
> Jasmine's classmates are very low functioning. i.e. don't talk, don't
> make eye contact ever and if you left them in the middle of a busy
> highway they wouldn't know where they were or be worried about it and
> most likely be killed. No amount of early intervention or ongoing
> therapy has worked for those people. Just what you have learned today
> from your family will potentially up a lot of opportunities for you
> investigate Computer games, arty crafty materials to have on hand
> etc. Maybe encourage him to draw gorses to gauge his feelings about

Thanks, Jan. You, KROM and Tiger Lilly have really given me a lot to think
about. I'm happy for my grandson, Tea.

xoxo

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:

>> > [ . . . . ]
>> >
>> > I talked to his Mother and Aunt today and learned a lot more about
>> > him.
>> > Apparently, he came in second in a spelling-bee a couple of years
>> > ago.
>> > His
>> > Mother said that he might have won, had he not seen her in the
>> > audience. It
>> > seems that as soon as he sees her, he wants to go home. ;-)
>> >
>> > He does know how to use a computer. His drawings are very detailed
>> > and
>> > precise. He also makes 3-D constructs out of paper and tape.
>> >
>> > This morning he was having a fight with his older sister, in the
>> > bathroom.
>> > Their father, Lek, broke it up. When Tea came out of the bathroom,
>> > he
>> > said
>> > to his Mother, "Lek lies!" Then he said to his father, "You and I
>> > have
>> > have a little talk!" LMAO

>> The good news is that he doesn't appear to have low functioning
>> autism.
>> A lot of the ideas being thrown around in here are likely to show a
>> response from him, good or bad. But at least you will have answer as
>> what he looks or dislikes by the response. The children and adults
>> that
>> I have had most contact with through work at Crowle Home and amongst
>> Jasmine's classmates are very low functioning. i.e. don't talk, don't
>> make eye contact ever and if you left them in the middle of a busy
>> highway they wouldn't know where they were or be worried about it and
>> most likely be killed. No amount of early intervention or ongoing
>> therapy has worked for those people. Just what you have learned today
>> from your family will potentially up a lot of opportunities for you
>> investigate Computer games, arty crafty materials to have on hand
>> etc. Maybe encourage him to draw gorses to gauge his feelings about
>> them. I am happy for you Nick xx

> Thanks, Jan. You, KROM and Tiger Lilly have really given me a lot to
> think
> about. I'm happy for my grandson, Tea.
>
> xoxo

I am happy for all of you But I am glad you have learnt more about
your precious Tea.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> The good news is that he doesn't appear to have low functioning
> >> autism.
> >> A lot of the ideas being thrown around in here are likely to show a
> >> response from him, good or bad. But at least you will have answer as
> >> what he looks or dislikes by the response. The children and adults
> >> that
> >> I have had most contact with through work at Crowle Home and amongst
> >> Jasmine's classmates are very low functioning. i.e. don't talk, don't
> >> make eye contact ever and if you left them in the middle of a busy
> >> highway they wouldn't know where they were or be worried about it and
> >> most likely be killed. No amount of early intervention or ongoing
> >> therapy has worked for those people. Just what you have learned today
> >> from your family will potentially up a lot of opportunities for you
> >> investigate Computer games, arty crafty materials to have on hand
> >> etc. Maybe encourage him to draw gorses to gauge his feelings about
> >> them. I am happy for you Nick xx

> > Thanks, Jan. You, KROM and Tiger Lilly have really given me a lot to
> > think
> > about. I'm happy for my grandson, Tea.
> >
> > xoxo

> I am happy for all of you But I am glad you have learnt more about
> your precious Tea.

He's a good boy and I'm glad I'm able to be a better grampa for him.

I'm also glad my wife and I have learned more about you, Jasmine, KROM and
Tiger Lilly.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

hehe..see your getting to know him more!

I loooove paper craft and my desk here is littered with them!

just scissors and tape and a printer you can make awesome stuff

just Google papercraft

my favorite is to make is cubedolls..easy and quick way to make toys

:-)

KROM

"Nick Cramer" wrote ...

I talked to his Mother and Aunt today and learned a lot more about him.
Apparently, he came in second in a spelling-bee a couple of years ago. His
Mother said that he might have won, had he not seen her in the audience. It
seems that as soon as he sees her, he wants to go home. ;-)

He does know how to use a computer. His drawings are very detailed and
precise. He also makes 3-D constructs out of paper and tape.

This morning he was having a fight with his older sister, in the bathroom.
Their father, Lek, broke it up. When Tea came out of the bathroom, he said
to his Mother, "Lek lies!" Then he said to his father, "You and I have to
have a little talk!" LMAO

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM > wrote:
: hehe..see your getting to know him more!

: I loooove paper craft and my desk here is littered with them!

: just scissors and tape and a printer you can make awesome stuff

: just Google papercraft

: my favorite is to make is cubedolls..easy and quick way to make toys

: :-)

: KROM

How about origami? does tht work for you?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> hehe..see your getting to know him more!
>
> I loooove paper craft and my desk here is littered with them!
>
> just scissors and tape and a printer you can make awesome stuff
>
> just Google papercraft
>
> my favorite is to make is cubedolls..easy and quick way to make toys
>
> :-)
>
> KROM
>
> "Nick Cramer" wrote ...

[]

Maybe I sleep so much because I like my dreams. Maybe I look forward to
getting online because it too is an escape from reality. Omigawd! I'm 76
and just discovering that I'm autistic!!

Cubedolls? Hmmmm!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I love the concept of origami but the end results dont appeal to me for
reason..

I used to do Victorian paper art but lost my awesome tiny bird scissors that
worked great for that.

cube dolls are easy and fast and cute

here's a site I like for pop culture ones..

http://www.cubeecraft.com/

cube dolls printed on stock paper with a pair of scissors and roll of tape
make for a easy fun project to kill 20 minutes less.

now paper craft..that can get vey complex I have made ancient armor sets
like shogun and tiny x-wings...made my wife a paper monkey with a
banana...all fun

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote in message ...

KROM > wrote:
: hehe..see your getting to know him more!

: I loooove paper craft and my desk here is littered with them!

: just scissors and tape and a printer you can make awesome stuff

: just Google papercraft

: my favorite is to make is cubedolls..easy and quick way to make toys

: :-)

: KROM

How about origami? does tht work for you?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

see if you were autistic or had Asperger's you wouldnt need sleep to
dream...

on a side note I control my dreams ..except if I'm refusing to get up to
pee...then my brain makes me dream of the usual make you pee stuff like
swimming in the ocean..waterfalls etc..lol

KROM

"KROM" > wrote:
> hehe..see your getting to know him more!
>
> I loooove paper craft and my desk here is littered with them!
>
> just scissors and tape and a printer you can make awesome stuff
>
> just Google papercraft
>
> my favorite is to make is cubedolls..easy and quick way to make toys
>
> :-)
>
> KROM
>
> "Nick Cramer" wrote ...

[]

Maybe I sleep so much because I like my dreams. Maybe I look forward to
getting online because it too is an escape from reality. Omigawd! I'm 76
and just discovering that I'm autistic!!

Cubedolls? Hmmmm!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

KROM > wrote:
: I love the concept of origami but the end results don?t appeal to me for
: reason..

: I used to do Victorian paper art but lost my awesome tiny bird scissors that
: worked great for that.

: cube dolls are easy and fast and cute

: here's a site I like for pop culture ones..

: http://www.cubeecraft.com/

: cube dolls printed on stock paper with a pair of scissors and roll of tape
: make for a easy fun project to kill 20 minutes less.

: now paper craft..that can get vey complex I have made ancient armor sets
: like shogun and tiny x-wings...made my wife a paper monkey with a
: banana...all fun

: KROM

Do you do those things like building the Chrysler Building from cut outs
tht end up with a several foot high modle of the building? I sent one to
my grandkids years ago and they built it witht hei father, an engindeeer.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I used to build those 3d puzzles a lot

but for me I like small objects that spark my brain.

hard to explain.

KROM

"W. Baker" wrote in message ...

KROM > wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> see if you were autistic or had Asperger's you wouldnt need sleep to
> dream...
>
> on a side note I control my dreams ..except if I'm refusing to get up to
> pee...then my brain makes me dream of the usual make you pee stuff like
> swimming in the ocean..waterfalls etc..lol

> "Nick Cramer" wrote in message
> []
> Maybe I sleep so much because I like my dreams. []

I have, on a few occasions, been able to control my dreams and the people
in them. Most of the time, I don't think of it. I'm more likely to tonight,
because I'm thinking of it! Thanks for the reminder.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 2:34 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> [...]
>> :>> In >, "Julie
>> :>> >
>> :>> wrote:
>> :>>
>> :>>> "Robert > wrote in message
>> :>>> ...
>> :>>>> There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes that I
>> :>>>> thought you would want to see.
>> :>>>
>> :>>> Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics have
>> it
>> :>>> than
>> :>>> originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
>> :>>
>> :>> once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
>> ungrateful
>> :>> she is
>> :>> for any help
>> :>
>> :> without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do with
>> her
>> :> "i already know it all" approach
>> :>
>> :> i give up
>> :>
>> :> i've tried
>> :>
>> :> and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i have
>> :> already today)
>> :>
>> :> but the animosity that her every post exhibits..................
>> Julie,
>> :> send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
>>
>> : I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
>>
>> : I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she put a
>> link
>> : up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
>> : originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice by a
>> : gastroenterologist.
>>
>> : I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had that
>> but
>> : bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
>>
>> : What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
>>
>> : Apparently I am missing something.
>>
>> : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
>>
>> I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR SOME
>> REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my failure!!!!
>>
>> The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have put
>> it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like it
>> was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
>>
>> Wendy

> What? All I said was that you failed the put the link on ASD. What is
> wrong with that? At any rate I do not see how your post would be helpful to
> *me* personally in any way. I'm not saying it was a bad post. Just saying
> it wasn't helpful to me. But then *you* didn't say that it was. Robert is
> the one saying there was a post of interest to me. I'm saying if there was,
> I missed it. He didn't even say what post it was.

I was probably then already having enough problems with my newsreader
that I couldn't read or write much in any newsgroup. Still not fully
recovered, but at least I'm reading and writing in the newsgroup again.
Over 1000 unread articles, though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 3:45 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:32:37 -0800, >
>> wrote:

[snip]
>> I don't find any of this "odd" at all. Robert walked right into the
>> same mine field everyone else has at one point or another, and the
>> response was as expected. And the responses to the responses were as
>> expected. :-) There's really nothing new here -- except maybe the
>> huge jump to make an insult out of that silly "it" thing. This kind
>> of dust-up happens once a year or so.
>>
>> The only thing I found surprising was the statement that no one knows
>> Julie -- taken slightly out of context here because, of course, no one
>> can really "know" anyone -- but I was under the impression that
>> several people in this group had met her? Maybe it was Alan during
>> his travels?

> I have met no one from this group. I was going to meet Loretta when I live
> in NY and that never happened.
>
> As to Robert, I *still* don't know what it was that he thought was of
> interest to me. I asked several times and instead of anyone pointing out
> what exactly it was I was supposed to have seen, I was just attacked again
> and again. And of course Robert remained silent. But as Robert always
> does, he will come back weeks or months from now and reply and then stir
> things up again.

As I previously mentioned, I was having newsreader problems that
started about then, and still haven't fully caught up since then.

I don't remember what was of interest, other than the keyword
"gastroparesis". I'm not even sure there was anything else.
Your list of problems is just too long for me to remember the
entire list.

I've never met anyone from this newsgroup either, and now have
enough problems with traveling that I don't expect to.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> In >, "Julie >
> wrote:
>
>> Generally when I make soup it is only because I have a bunch of vegetables
>> to use up. I rarely plan to make soup just because I want it. I used to
>> make French Onion. But nobody else would eat it. I have some that I bought
>> at Costco. It comes frozen. That is a big issue with me. I have an extreme
>> dislike for preparing things from a frozen state and that's what you have to
>> do with this. I have some in the microwave now. My hands are still cold
>> from bringing it in from the freezer and struggling to get it out of the
>> package. But it was pretty cheap and even though it is a tad saltier than I
>> would prefer, it's not bad soup. And I know it is safe for me to eat
>> because it lists all of the ingredients.

> gee, if someone would only make something you could put on your hands to keep
> them warm

Isn't Julie rather short on room to store that something when she
isn't using it?

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM