Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

Julie Bove > wrote:

: >
: > I think the blending is to remove lumps as liquid just sort of runs down
: > whereas chunks of food have to be digested more. In gastroparesis there is
: > delayed digestion because of the vagus nerve damage. Food just sits there.
: > .. I may be wrong.

: No. You're right. Certain types of fiber seem to be digested better than
: others. Broccoli is one of the worst. I could never eat that. I have to
: be super careful with salads. I can eat the equivalent of a dinner salad
: about twice a week. Any more than that is pushing it. I think in the case
: of meat it is more the fat content that is the problem more than anything
: else.

: One of the worst times I got sick was following eating a BLT. I didn't put
: a lot of tomato or lettuce on it. I did put coconut oil on the bread. But
: I put a ton of bacon on it because the bacon was about to go bad. Within a
: half an hour of eating it, I could feel the first symptom. Which for me is
: saliva building up in my mouth. I don't usually get stomach pains but a lot
: of people with gastroparesis do. I will just feel that something is not
: right with my stomach. And I guess what that is, is the stomach not moving.
: And then I will have to reach for my bowl. I keep one behind my computer
: chair, one in the kitchen and another by my bed. If I am in the bathroom
: and feel the need I will use either the toilet or the dishpan that I use for
: washing hand wash items. When the vomiting occurs it is sudden and violent.
: There is no way I could run to the toilet but on occasion I have been
: standing right next to it when I know it is going to happen.

: Tonight I had bacon for dinner that yes, was about to go bad. I cooked it
: all. Gave some to Angela and I took some. She had a piece of chicken left
: over from Christmas Eve dinner. She accidentally left it at my parents
: house and they froze it for her. It wasn't an overly large piece of meat.
: So with the added bacon it wasn't an overload of protein for her. I put all
: of the rest of the bacon on my plate but then thought it would be better not
: to eat it all. I also had a salad with some feta and grape tomatoes. And
: some mashed potatoes. I was able to eat all of the potatoes but began to
: feel very full. That is one problem with gastroparesis. A sense of early
: fullness and/or lack of appetite. I have learned the hard way that it is
: better for me to eat the easily digested carb portion of my meal before I
: eat the fat, protein and non-starchy veggies. That way at least I am
: getting some nutrition. And that is one reason why I do take so many
: supplements. I have run my diet through...the name escapes me now...but
: that program Alan recommended. So I know what I am deficient in and I am
: just physically unable to eat enough to get all of my nutrients through
: food. Anyway... I ate some of the bacon and some of the salad and I didn't
: get sick.

: Roast beef is another food that can make me very ill. I don't think I have
: actually cooked a roast beef from scratch since my diagnosis. If I did, I
: didn't eat any. I have bought the Hormel Roast Beef Au Jus because one
: package is just enough for Angela and I and two packages is enough if my
: husband is home. I do not cook the meat as directed. I heat it in a
: skillet after removing all visible fat and then while it is heating I cook
: some rice pasta and toss that in with the meat which I have shredded into
: little bits. I have tried picking out the noodles and eating only the
: amount of meat that sticks to them. But sometimes even that is enough to
: make me throw up. Other times I have eaten a lot more of the meat and had
: no problems. So I don't know why that food is so iffy for me.

: I don't think ground beef has ever caused a problem for my stomach. But it
: can stick in my throat and I don't know why. I have to be very careful if I
: have a meat patty that I do not take too large of a bite and I have to be
: careful to chew it well. If it gets stuck I will feel a pain in my throat.
: Once again the saliva will build up. And in this case the vomiting is not
: as sudden. I will have time to get to the bathroom. My whole family knows
: my signal now. I will simply put my hand up in the air and then run as
: quickly as possible to the bathroom. I will then throw up just a little but
: maybe 2 or 3 times. I don't know why but cottage cheese and pills can do
: the same thing to me. I just have to be careful.

: Chicken has never seemed to cause a problem for me. However I have not
: tried to eat anything like fried chicken. In fact I have never really liked
: fried foods. I will eat French fries in limited amounts but not very often.
: And less often, I will eat hash browns or Tater Tots (pellets of shredded
: potatoes).

: I think the diet I would naturally low in fat because every dietician I have
: seen has told me to add fat to it. So I don't think fat is usually a
: problem for me. Aside from the bacon incident. And olive bar olives. I do
: love those and I used to get them but they did cause a problem for me. In
: that case I don't know if it is a case of fat in the olives (they do seem to
: be oilier than canned/jarred black, green or kalamata olives) or if it could
: actually be food poisoning. I know what the sign says on the olive bar
: about how long they will keep depending on whether they are in brine or not.
: But... I do not know how long they keep those olives on the olive bar for.
: They are in very large containers. They do pack them up around 8:00 at
: night.

: Another thing that would REALLY get me was the chiropractor I used to go to.
: Oh how he would make me sick! He would always say, "Oh! Your digestion is
: really screwed up!" Then he would put his hand in front of my stomach and
: quickly move his hand in a circle. Mind you, he didn't actually touch me.
: But by nightfall, I would be throwing up. We quit going to him because for
: the most part he seemed to be doing me more harm than good. He did help
: Angela for a while. But we also couldn't afford him on a regular basis.

: The reason liquids are recommended in the beginning is gravity. Liquids
: tend to go through you when solids might not. And in the worst stages one
: is not even considering nutrition because one would usually only stay on
: this part of the diet for 2 to 3 days. Regular soda is recommended as is
: fat free broth. Mainly one needs to stay hydrated and get a few calories
: down.

: Foods are gradually added back in, in stages. Some foods that are the
: easiest to digest are white bread. white rice and potatoes without the skin.
: I realize that these foods would spike a lot of diabetics but they don't
: spike me unless I eat too much of them. I used to weigh or measure all of
: my food. Always! I finally learned to measure my bowls and plates to see
: how much food they hold. I often eat my meals in an assortment of bowls
: because of this. I think bj is the one who first suggested measuring the
: bowls. So when I am at home, I can not overeat.

: I also learned the hard way that if I eat too much fiber, my BG will spike.
: I can not eat brown rice, whole wheat bread or whole wheat pasta. Due to
: the nature of gastroparesis, these things will stay in the stomach for too
: long. And this part is over my head and beyond my ability to explain but
: when the food sits in the stomach for too long it raises BG. This is one
: reason why it is so difficult to control BG when one has gastroparesis.

: Probably the worst meal for a person with gastroparesis to try to eat would
: be a big steak with a side of buttered broccoli. Yes, that would probably
: be a good meal for most diabetics. But it would never work for a person
: with gastroparesis.

: The main complication of gastroparesis is something called a bezoar. It is
: essentially a food ball. Like a hair ball in a cat but it is a ball of
: undigested food. It occurs when one eats too much fiber and or tough to
: digest meats. And if it occurs it often has to be surgically removed.
: Thankfully it hasn't happened to me yet. I got a very stern warning from my
: Gastroenterologist about that. Raw vegetables have always been a favorite
: food. He said I could eat them so long as there were no stomach problems.
: But if there were, I had to stop them until the problems stopped.

: He was actually less strict than my diet than I think a lot of people
: because I was already careful with what I ate. Some people who have it are
: seriously limited to 2 or 3 liquids they can consume and can never take a
: bite of real food. Meal replacements such as Ensure or Boost often don't
: work either because many people with this problem can't digest dairy. I
: don't know what kind of food replacement is put in the J Tubes if that is
: needed. I do talk to one woman on an unrelated forum whose 6 year old son
: has gastroparesis among other things. He is not only on a J Tube but oxygen
: as well.

Thanks for this complete description of your Gastroparesis eating issues.
It is informative and clear. I kow you like soup while he rest of your
family doesn't. Home made blender soups might be a good adjunct for ou
adn they can be frozen in individual portions for later use. If you use
lean meat in the soup adn nt pack it in the freezer until it has been in
the fridge overnight, you can then remove any fat that is sitting on top
and gets firm. Would this help as PART of your diet, while you eat the
whole foods that don't lead to all that vomiting? Just a suggestion .

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 1/4/2012 6:01 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
: >> i don't count the holes in the ceiling tiles, just the # of tiles
: >
: > I only count when I am in a waiting room usually. Its not a compulsion,
: > it just relieves boredom.

: snap!

: i'm bored, what the heck can i do? stare at strangers? listen to
: everyone's conversations? watch the staff work? hide in the bathroom?
: (none acceptable in my upbringing)

: oh well, count tiles, windows, chairs, floor tiles.......
: magazines......... damn, i'm running out of things to count what next,
: when WILL i be seen! ??? LOL

: kate

The big advantage of having a electronic reader that ou charge the night
befo-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 1/4/2012 8:26 PM, W. Baker wrote:
: > Tiger Lily lives pretty far west in Canada, the home of the alder wood
: > smoked salmon.
: >
: > Wendy

: oh damn

: i have some research to do now! lol

: never used alder! LOL

: kate

That is what the native Americans used and, I assume, still use. One does
cllect lots of material in ones head as time goes on:-)

Wishing you excellent health and a speedy recovery!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

she and I are similar in that I too used to arrange my room with my toys in
a certain way.

I WAS playing with the toys but in my head which was SOOOO much belter!

remember autistics and people with Asperger's live in our heads..we are
tactile with feels and smells because they heighten the movie in our heads

so imagine your using a star trek holodeck which is what we got in our heads
and your simulation is a Hawaii beach and instead of tropical breezes and
coconut ...(her towels)...your smelling feet and armpit orders..(new
towels)....it totally ruins the illusion so of course your going to be mad!

so with her the items are placeholders for her in head movies..think of it
like a menu on a dvd or index on a book they are not important in themselves
...we dont spend hours watching the dvd menu..we still need it though to
play the scenes we want and see the extras etc.

hope that makes sense

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote ...

Her odors seems to be comforting to her as does the items strewn on the
floor (most of which she never touches or plays with I might add), her
tv, dvd and fan in a certain spot. She rarely lets me add new things to
the room and gets attached to certain pieces of her bedding. Her pillow
slips have to be a shade of pink, no other colour, her comforter she
prefers is her winter weight one, she won't leave the windows open and
has the light on all day. She turns it off at night but not until she is
ready.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I just read a article about how we are ALL autistic/OCD as babies/kids but
some hormone/chemical in growing changes it to make us not

it makes sense biologically if you think about it a baby needs to be self
contained and "internal" thinking to stay safe and learn.

so a baby repeats actions over and over again to enforce the learning of the
thing.

as we grow we can know doing a thing once or twice has a known outcome and
can even predict outcomes before doing a thing..babies cannot.

so if you dont get that change as a baby you grow up with a brain that
demands multiples reinforcement such as checking if the doors locked over
and over even though you know it is etc.

the brain and chemistry of development is very interesting.

KROM

"Ozgirl" wrote
I used to count steps when I was a little kid, haven't done that for a
very long time.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> [...]
> is
> : needed. I do talk to one woman on an unrelated forum whose 6 year old
> son
> : has gastroparesis among other things. He is not only on a J Tube but
> oxygen
> : as well.
>
> Thanks for this complete description of your Gastroparesis eating issues.
> It is informative and clear. I kow you like soup while he rest of your
> family doesn't. Home made blender soups might be a good adjunct for ou
> adn they can be frozen in individual portions for later use. If you use
> lean meat in the soup adn nt pack it in the freezer until it has been in
> the fridge overnight, you can then remove any fat that is sitting on top
> and gets firm. Would this help as PART of your diet, while you eat the
> whole foods that don't lead to all that vomiting? Just a suggestion .

Nope that would be feasible or enjoyable for me at all.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Tiger Lily > wrote:

> yes, Diet for a Small Planet is an old book............ the information
> in it isn't

Um... the information about combining proteins is actually inaccurate.
Sorry!

PP
- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> I was never FORCED to eat oatmeal or anything else.

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> And my mom
> used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us making
> faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it?

- Chris Malcolm
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie Bove > wrote:
: > Thanks for this complete description of your Gastroparesis eating issues.
: > It is informative and clear. I kow you like soup while he rest of your
: > family doesn't. Home made blender soups might be a good adjunct for ou
: > adn they can be frozen in individual portions for later use. If you use
: > lean meat in the soup adn nt pack it in the freezer until it has been in
: > the fridge overnight, you can then remove any fat that is sitting on top
: > and gets firm. Would this help as PART of your diet, while you eat the
: > whole foods that don't lead to all that vomiting? Just a suggestion .

: Nope that would be feasible or enjoyable for me at all.
I thought I remembered you recently saying that you liked soups, but that
the rest of the family didn't. What I am talking about is blender
soups made with whatever you like and sith meat and possibly fibrous
vegetables. Are yu now saying that yu do not like or would not be
interesed in soups that are pureeed, but only soups tht have pieces of
stuff in a thim base, of that you don't like soups?

Wendy-getting confused.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:17:46 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> [...]

>> son
>> : has gastroparesis among other things. He is not only on a J Tube but
>> oxygen
>> : as well.
>>
>> Thanks for this complete description of your Gastroparesis eating issues.
>> It is informative and clear. I kow you like soup while he rest of your
>> family doesn't. Home made blender soups might be a good adjunct for ou
>> adn they can be frozen in individual portions for later use. If you use
>> lean meat in the soup adn nt pack it in the freezer until it has been in
>> the fridge overnight, you can then remove any fat that is sitting on top
>> and gets firm. Would this help as PART of your diet, while you eat the
>> whole foods that don't lead to all that vomiting? Just a suggestion .

>Nope that would be feasible or enjoyable for me at all.

Don't dismiss that idea too quickly, Julie.....

When I had my stomach surgery, they started us out on pure clear
liquids only, like broth and jello. Then they increased it to
include protein drinks, creamed soups, and then later on, things like
soft boiled eggs etc. and then yet further on to eating ground meat
with gravy, like chili. We were advised to either blenderize or to
CHEW very thoroughly, every thing we ate early on.

The idea was to gradually increase the bulk our stomachs could
process. Now, 6 mos later I am able to eat everything I ever could,
but in smaller quantities than normal. I just eat oftener than most
people do.

So I can see that dealing with gastroparesis would seem to be somewhat
similar to what gastric surgery patients deal with. Blenderized
soups, or soups that are creamed, or contain only tiny bits of bulky
stuff like meat might work for you. It might be just a case of
finding what you like.

I also thought you said at one time that you liked soups?

We ate the rest of our Mulligatawny soup tonight for dinner. It was
excellent.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
> : > Thanks for this complete description of your Gastroparesis eating
> issues.
> : > It is informative and clear. I kow you like soup while he rest of
> your
> : > family doesn't. Home made blender soups might be a good adjunct for
> ou
> : > adn they can be frozen in individual portions for later use. If you
> use
> : > lean meat in the soup adn nt pack it in the freezer until it has been
> in
> : > the fridge overnight, you can then remove any fat that is sitting on
> top
> : > and gets firm. Would this help as PART of your diet, while you eat
> the
> : > whole foods that don't lead to all that vomiting? Just a suggestion .
>
> : Nope that would be feasible or enjoyable for me at all.
> I thought I remembered you recently saying that you liked soups, but that
> the rest of the family didn't. What I am talking about is blender
> soups made with whatever you like and sith meat and possibly fibrous
> vegetables. Are yu now saying that yu do not like or would not be
> interesed in soups that are pureeed, but only soups tht have pieces of
> stuff in a thim base, of that you don't like soups?
>
> Wendy-getting confused.

I do like soups! But I do not have a problem digesting soups. I don't like
meat in a soup. And I don't like things put in a blender. So why would I
do that? There is no need! I also don't like having to defrost things.
Yes, I do it with meatloaf. But soups are a pain to do. Plus, if I did
that, I would have to cook two or three different meals because Angela and
my husband still have to eat.

I have no problem with canned soups. If I want soup just for myself I will
open a can.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> [...]

> soft boiled eggs etc. and then yet further on to eating ground meat
> with gravy, like chili. We were advised to either blenderize or to
> CHEW very thoroughly, every thing we ate early on.
>
> The idea was to gradually increase the bulk our stomachs could
> process. Now, 6 mos later I am able to eat everything I ever could,
> but in smaller quantities than normal. I just eat oftener than most
> people do.
>
> So I can see that dealing with gastroparesis would seem to be somewhat
> similar to what gastric surgery patients deal with. Blenderized
> soups, or soups that are creamed, or contain only tiny bits of bulky
> stuff like meat might work for you. It might be just a case of
> finding what you like.
>
> I also thought you said at one time that you liked soups?
>
> We ate the rest of our Mulligatawny soup tonight for dinner. It was

I do like soup. As I said to Wendy. I have no problems digesting soup. I
don't generally eat meat in a soup. And I don't have problems with canned
soups. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> I was never FORCED to eat oatmeal or anything else.

> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> And my mom
>> used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us
>> making
>> faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it?

Right! But she never *forced* us to eat it. Telling us to eat it and
forcing it down our throats are two different things.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote in message
> she and I are similar in that I too used to arrange my room with my
> toys in a certain way.
>
> I WAS playing with the toys but in my head which was SOOOO much
> belter!
>
> remember autistics and people with Asperger's live in our heads..we
> are tactile with feels and smells because they heighten the movie in
> our heads

Jasmine lives very much in her head. She laughs uncontrollably sometimes
when alone as well. She feels just about anything she picks up before
she decides to hold on to it or not. When she was younger she shook
objects, if they rattled they were acceptable. She hand flaps a lot too.

> so imagine your using a star trek holodeck which is what we got in our
> heads and your simulation is a Hawaii beach and instead of tropical
> breezes and coconut ...(her towels)...your smelling feet and armpit
> orders..(new towels)....it totally ruins the illusion so of course
> your going to be mad!

hee hee, mad is understatement here

> so with her the items are placeholders for her in head movies..think
> of it like a menu on a dvd or index on a book they are not important
> in themselves ..we dont spend hours watching the dvd menu..we still
> need it though to play the scenes we want and see the extras etc.
>
> hope that makes sense

Perfect sense. Giving in to her obvious autistic needs is a bone of
contention in my family. When the kids were young and were share cared
(50% with me and the other with their dad) their dad and his partner
were always trying to stop her from hand flapping and holding onto
special objects like the wet rag etc. She was totally miserable and her
happy go lucky personality went very flat. I ended up putting my foot
down about it. They did change reluctantly and I didn't have to keep her
with me 100%. That wouldn't have been an ideal thing at all so I glad
they compromised.

I have one rule only, the wet cloth doesn't leave the house and she is
accepting of that but at school she usually picks an object that she
holds onto all day, a furry toy, or piece o dry cloth or a dangly thing,
her choice.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 16:28:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:17:46 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>I do like soup. As I said to Wendy. I have no problems digesting soup. I
>don't generally eat meat in a soup. And I don't have problems with canned
>soups. Why fix something that isn't broken?

It isn't a case of being "broken" it is a matter of variety and
quality, that's all. But if you are satisfied with canned soup by
all means enjoy it.......

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have also read that all humans have some degree of autism but the
majority are mild case and undetectable to an untrained person. I want
my 22 year old to be assessed for Aspergers, whether anything can help
him or not I don't know but I notice a lot of traits. I do feel it
impacts on his life and makes it very hard to live with.

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I just read a article about how we are ALL autistic/OCD as babies/kids
> but some hormone/chemical in growing changes it to make us not

> it makes sense biologically if you think about it a baby needs to be
> self contained and "internal" thinking to stay safe and learn.
>
> so a baby repeats actions over and over again to enforce the learning
> of the thing.
>
> as we grow we can know doing a thing once or twice has a known outcome
> and can even predict outcomes before doing a thing..babies cannot.
>
> so if you dont get that change as a baby you grow up with a brain
> that demands multiples reinforcement such as checking if the doors
> locked over and over even though you know it is etc.
>
> the brain and chemistry of development is very interesting.

It certainly is and way beyond my scope.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 16:28:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:17:46 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>I do like soup. As I said to Wendy. I have no problems digesting soup.
>>don't generally eat meat in a soup. And I don't have problems with canned
>>soups. Why fix something that isn't broken?

> It isn't a case of being "broken" it is a matter of variety and
> quality, that's all. But if you are satisfied with canned soup by
> all means enjoy it.......

Generally when I make soup it is only because I have a bunch of vegetables
to use up. I rarely plan to make soup just because I want it. I used to
make French Onion. But nobody else would eat it. I have some that I bought
at Costco. It comes frozen. That is a big issue with me. I have an extreme
dislike for preparing things from a frozen state and that's what you have to
do with this. I have some in the microwave now. My hands are still cold
from bringing it in from the freezer and struggling to get it out of the
package. But it was pretty cheap and even though it is a tad saltier than I
would prefer, it's not bad soup. And I know it is safe for me to eat
because it lists all of the ingredients.

I used to get soup in restaurants. Now that is not a safe thing for me to
do given my food allergies. Most restaurants do not cook soup from scratch
anyway. They use a soup base and that may contain things I don't want to
eat. I am also very picky as to what canned soups I will buy. There are
only a few. Most contain things I can't or won't eat. Like soy protein or
high fructose corn syrup. Yes, I might make an exception once in a while if
I am low on food in the house and if I am really sick and unable to cook
anything. Then and only then might I eat a soup containing those things.

But mostly when I am sick I will eat chicken soup. That's about the only
time I will eat it. I won't post what I put in it because you have issues
with it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:40:40 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 16:28:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I do like soup. As I said to Wendy. I have no problems digesting soup.
>>>don't generally eat meat in a soup. And I don't have problems with canned
>>>soups. Why fix something that isn't broken?

>> It isn't a case of being "broken" it is a matter of variety and
>> quality, that's all. But if you are satisfied with canned soup by
>> all means enjoy it.......

>Generally when I make soup it is only because I have a bunch of vegetables
>to use up. I rarely plan to make soup just because I want it. I used to
>make French Onion. But nobody else would eat it. I have some that I bought
>at Costco. It comes frozen. That is a big issue with me. I have an extreme
>dislike for preparing things from a frozen state and that's what you have to
>do with this. I have some in the microwave now. My hands are still cold
>from bringing it in from the freezer and struggling to get it out of the
>package. But it was pretty cheap and even though it is a tad saltier than I
>would prefer, it's not bad soup. And I know it is safe for me to eat
>because it lists all of the ingredients.
>
>I used to get soup in restaurants. Now that is not a safe thing for me to
>do given my food allergies. Most restaurants do not cook soup from scratch
>anyway. They use a soup base and that may contain things I don't want to
>eat. I am also very picky as to what canned soups I will buy. There are
>only a few. Most contain things I can't or won't eat. Like soy protein or
>high fructose corn syrup. Yes, I might make an exception once in a while if
>I am low on food in the house and if I am really sick and unable to cook
>anything. Then and only then might I eat a soup containing those things.
>
>But mostly when I am sick I will eat chicken soup. That's about the only
>time I will eat it. I won't post what I put in it because you have issues
>with it.

I recall from past conversations, that you do not put a chicken into
it. That's OK. I like chicken in mine. I like it to be so rich
with chicken that when it gets cold it turns to jelly.

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:40:40 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 16:28:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"

m...

>>> It isn't a case of being "broken" it is a matter of variety and
>>> quality, that's all. But if you are satisfied with canned soup by
>>> all means enjoy it.......

>>Generally when I make soup it is only because I have a bunch of vegetables
>>to use up. I rarely plan to make soup just because I want it. I used to
>>make French Onion. But nobody else would eat it. I have some that I
>>bought
>>at Costco. It comes frozen. That is a big issue with me. I have an
>>extreme
>>dislike for preparing things from a frozen state and that's what you have
>>do with this. I have some in the microwave now. My hands are still cold
>>from bringing it in from the freezer and struggling to get it out of the
>>package. But it was pretty cheap and even though it is a tad saltier than
>>would prefer, it's not bad soup. And I know it is safe for me to eat
>>because it lists all of the ingredients.
>>
>>I used to get soup in restaurants. Now that is not a safe thing for me to
>>do given my food allergies. Most restaurants do not cook soup from
>>scratch
>>anyway. They use a soup base and that may contain things I don't want to
>>eat. I am also very picky as to what canned soups I will buy. There are
>>only a few. Most contain things I can't or won't eat. Like soy protein
>>or
>>high fructose corn syrup. Yes, I might make an exception once in a while
>>if
>>I am low on food in the house and if I am really sick and unable to cook
>>anything. Then and only then might I eat a soup containing those things.
>>
>>But mostly when I am sick I will eat chicken soup. That's about the only
>>time I will eat it. I won't post what I put in it because you have issues
>>with it.

> I recall from past conversations, that you do not put a chicken into
> it. That's OK. I like chicken in mine. I like it to be so rich
> with chicken that when it gets cold it turns to jelly.

I put canned chicken.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 7:32 AM, BlueBrooke wrote:
> I have a teenager who gladly assumes that role. And he practices all
> year long, so he's really good at it. I'll give the job to him.:-D
> (I won't be able to say that much longer. He'll be 20 in June. WHERE
> did the time go?!)
>
> People who want to be insulted and/or offended will be -- no matter
> what you do or say. I'm just embarrassed that it took me so long to
> remember that.:-)

snap

sigh

and yes, where did our babies go???!?!?!?

:3

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 8:29 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> : On 1/4/2012 6:01 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> :>> i don't count the holes in the ceiling tiles, just the # of tiles
> :>
> :> I only count when I am in a waiting room usually. Its not a compulsion,
> :> it just relieves boredom.
>
> : snap!
>
> : i'm bored, what the heck can i do? stare at strangers? listen to
> : everyone's conversations? watch the staff work? hide in the bathroom?
> : (none acceptable in my upbringing)
>
> : oh well, count tiles, windows, chairs, floor tiles.......
> : magazines......... damn, i'm running out of things to count what next,
> : when WILL i be seen! ??? LOL
>
> : kate
>
> The big advantage of having a electronic reader that ou charge the night
> befo-)
>
> Wendy

i showed up at 10:30 for my day surgery

the surgery was scheduled for 12:55pm

i actually got 'called up' at 3pm (they had my name on file but no
appearance time for my surgery.......... the nurse was confused and had
to go out to ensure things were ok)

got released just after 6pm (versus 4pm latest original guestimate)

home and got dinner by 8:30 pm

lol

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 8:32 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Wishing you excellent health and a speedy recovery!
>
> Wendy

ta!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 3:30 PM, Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In >,
> Tiger > wrote:
>
>> yes, Diet for a Small Planet is an old book............ the information
>> in it isn't

> Um... the information about combining proteins is actually inaccurate.
> Sorry!
>
> PP

ooooooooooohhh

ok, in 1994 the dietician was still saying that to me and other
vegetarian folks

(gonna do some 'current' looking less than 18 yrs old! LOL)

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> >Tiger Lily > wrote:
> >> [ . . . . ]
> >> would a FAQ and disclaimer/clarification be appropriate for this
> >> newsgroup? who would be willing to collaborate on that and who would
> >> post it weekly?
> >>
> >> thinking out loud here, there has to be a solution amenable to
> >> everyone

> >> (amenable does NOT mean diluted into oblivion!)

> >To me, amenable to everyone means so dumbed-down as to be of value to no
> >one.

> BINGO! Well said.
>
> I could have eliminated the 1/4 cup of rice and the one small potato
> from that recipe, but I assumed that those whose "mileage" didn't
> include them, could do that for themselves!

I had some spicy pan-fried tuna for dinner. Did I say, "spicy?" I had to
take a Tbs of glutinous rice (Thai cao niao) after every other mouthful. I
only ate half a small bowl, but, oh my, it sure was good!

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:06:50 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:
> >On 1/4/2012 7:53 PM, Susan wrote:
> >> I think we all know how to make things the carby, starchy way, but
> >> come to diabetic food groups for the modifications specific to
> >> diabetes.

> >This is the problem. Everyone's definition of 'foods modified specific
> >to diabetes' varies WIDELY as everyone needs different things.
> >
> >The Heart Smart diet is supported.
> >
> >The Paleo Diet is supported.
> >
> >The Minimum 235 grams of carbs per day diet is supported.
> >
> >all by different fractions
> >
> >at one point, folks were posting a nutritional breakdown for their
> >recipes
> >
> >I don't have Master Cook on the computer, i need to upgrade the program.
> > there are many web sites that will give you the breakdown of the meals
> >(right to vitamin mineral and other interesting stuff)
> >
> >would a FAQ and disclaimer/clarification be appropriate for this
> >newsgroup? who would be willing to collaborate on that and who would
> >post it weekly?
> >
> >thinking out loud here, there has to be a solution amenable to everyone
> >
> >kate
> >(amenable does NOT mean diluted into oblivion!)

> The solution is simple.....TOLERANCE!
>
> I see tolerance as the only way to reconcile all the different
> problems, illness-complications, eating styles and personalities
> involved in this newsgroup.
>
> When you figure out that a certain recipe has a small amount of some
> carbohydrate food in it, you have to be your own best advocate. Only
> you know how much of that product your meter can handle!
>
> Susan said last evening, indicating that she would rather NOT take a
> pill in order to eat SOME carbohydrates. I am fine with her doing
> that for her life and health, but I do it differently.
>
> I am FINE with taking a Januvia pill each day in order to eat a small
> piece of whole grain low carb toast with my egg for breakfast, and
> again at lunch, and either a half cup of brown rice or a small potato,
> or a half a cup of dreamfields pasta with my dinner.
>
> I CHOOSE to eat this way, and my A-1 C is now in NON diabetic range
> and I have lost 50 lbs since August, when I had my surgery for weight
> loss. (for those who aren't familiar with it, I had the vertical
> gastric sleeve surgery then).
>
> I can "afford" to eat a slice of bread with each meal. It helps make
> my life a little more tolerable. In taking a pill daily, I may be
> shortening my life, but it is MY choice to live a QUALITY life over a
> long but joylessly carb free life.
>
> I REFUSE to change what I post because some person here cannot eat the
> recipe as I have posted it.
>
> We are not babies here, we all know the deal with diabetes, and we
> have to change and adapt our eating habits to our own individual needs
> WITHOUT PICKING ON PEOPLE about it.
>
> There is no ONE and only way to deal with the food issues involved
> with diabetes.

Yep. When I eat a carby dinner, Jun reminds me to take fatalajon.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"KROM" > wrote:
> she and I are similar in that I too used to arrange my room with my toys
> in a certain way.
>
> I WAS playing with the toys but in my head which was SOOOO much belter!
>
> remember autistics and people with Asperger's live in our heads..we are
> tactile with feels and smells because they heighten the movie in our
> heads
>
> so imagine your using a star trek holodeck which is what we got in our
> heads and your simulation is a Hawaii beach and instead of tropical
> breezes and coconut ...(her towels)...your smelling feet and armpit
> orders..(new towels)....it totally ruins the illusion so of course your
> going to be mad!
>
> so with her the items are placeholders for her in head movies..think of
> it like a menu on a dvd or index on a book they are not important in
> themselves ..we dont spend hours watching the dvd menu..we still need
> it though to play the scenes we want and see the extras etc.
>
> hope that makes sense
>
> KROM
>
> "Ozgirl" wrote ...
>
> Her odors seems to be comforting to her as does the items strewn on the
> floor (most of which she never touches or plays with I might add), her
> tv, dvd and fan in a certain spot. She rarely lets me add new things to
> the room and gets attached to certain pieces of her bedding. Her pillow
> slips have to be a shade of pink, no other colour, her comforter she
> prefers is her winter weight one, she won't leave the windows open and
> has the light on all day. She turns it off at night but not until she is
> ready.

Thanks, KROM. This will help me understand/deal with my severely autistic
grandson when he comes over, which I've had great difficulty with in the
past. From what my (step)daughter and son-in-law have told me, they don't
expect that he'll ever be able to fend for himself.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:08:39 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:40:40 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

om...

>>>Generally when I make soup it is only because I have a bunch of vegetables
>>>to use up. I rarely plan to make soup just because I want it. I used to
>>>make French Onion. But nobody else would eat it. I have some that I
>>>bought
>>>at Costco. It comes frozen. That is a big issue with me. I have an
>>>extreme
>>>dislike for preparing things from a frozen state and that's what you have
>>>do with this. I have some in the microwave now. My hands are still cold
>>>from bringing it in from the freezer and struggling to get it out of the
>>>package. But it was pretty cheap and even though it is a tad saltier than
>>>would prefer, it's not bad soup. And I know it is safe for me to eat
>>>because it lists all of the ingredients.
>>>
>>>I used to get soup in restaurants. Now that is not a safe thing for me to
>>>do given my food allergies. Most restaurants do not cook soup from
>>>scratch
>>>anyway. They use a soup base and that may contain things I don't want to
>>>eat. I am also very picky as to what canned soups I will buy. There are
>>>only a few. Most contain things I can't or won't eat. Like soy protein
>>>or
>>>high fructose corn syrup. Yes, I might make an exception once in a while
>>>if
>>>I am low on food in the house and if I am really sick and unable to cook
>>>anything. Then and only then might I eat a soup containing those things.
>>>
>>>But mostly when I am sick I will eat chicken soup. That's about the only
>>>time I will eat it. I won't post what I put in it because you have issues
>>>with it.

>> I recall from past conversations, that you do not put a chicken into
>> it. That's OK. I like chicken in mine. I like it to be so rich
>> with chicken that when it gets cold it turns to jelly.

>I put canned chicken.

I hate to say it, but yes, you are right that would absolutely not be
acceptable to me at all in flavor or texture.

I have some canned chicken in the house because on the very rarest of
occasions it is good for a quickie chicken salad.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06 Jan 2012 06:51:14 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Evelyn > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote:

>> >To me, amenable to everyone means so dumbed-down as to be of value to no
>> >one.

>> BINGO! Well said.
>>
>> I could have eliminated the 1/4 cup of rice and the one small potato
>> from that recipe, but I assumed that those whose "mileage" didn't
>> include them, could do that for themselves!

>I had some spicy pan-fried tuna for dinner. Did I say, "spicy?" I had to
>take a Tbs of glutinous rice (Thai cao niao) after every other mouthful. I
>only ate half a small bowl, but, oh my, it sure was good!

Since my stomach surgery I cannot seem to get enough of spicy hot
food. I could LIVE on chili and hot stuff. Cayenne (capsicum) is
an anti-inflammatory, so maybe my body was healing itself with hot
pepper.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 06 Jan 2012 06:58:54 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Evelyn > wrote:
>> >
>> >This is the problem. Everyone's definition of 'foods modified specific
>> >to diabetes' varies WIDELY as everyone needs different things.
>> >
>> >The Heart Smart diet is supported.
>> >
>> >The Paleo Diet is supported.
>> >
>> >The Minimum 235 grams of carbs per day diet is supported.
>> >
>> >all by different fractions
>> >
>> >at one point, folks were posting a nutritional breakdown for their
>> >recipes
>> >
>> >I don't have Master Cook on the computer, i need to upgrade the program.
>> > there are many web sites that will give you the breakdown of the meals
>> >(right to vitamin mineral and other interesting stuff)
>> >
>> >would a FAQ and disclaimer/clarification be appropriate for this
>> >newsgroup? who would be willing to collaborate on that and who would
>> >post it weekly?
>> >
>> >thinking out loud here, there has to be a solution amenable to everyone
>> >
>> >kate
>> >(amenable does NOT mean diluted into oblivion!)

>> The solution is simple.....TOLERANCE!
>>
>> I see tolerance as the only way to reconcile all the different
>> problems, illness-complications, eating styles and personalities
>> involved in this newsgroup.
>>
>> When you figure out that a certain recipe has a small amount of some
>> carbohydrate food in it, you have to be your own best advocate. Only
>> you know how much of that product your meter can handle!
>>
>> Susan said last evening, indicating that she would rather NOT take a
>> pill in order to eat SOME carbohydrates. I am fine with her doing
>> that for her life and health, but I do it differently.
>>
>> I am FINE with taking a Januvia pill each day in order to eat a small
>> piece of whole grain low carb toast with my egg for breakfast, and
>> again at lunch, and either a half cup of brown rice or a small potato,
>> or a half a cup of dreamfields pasta with my dinner.
>>
>> I CHOOSE to eat this way, and my A-1 C is now in NON diabetic range
>> and I have lost 50 lbs since August, when I had my surgery for weight
>> loss. (for those who aren't familiar with it, I had the vertical
>> gastric sleeve surgery then).
>>
>> I can "afford" to eat a slice of bread with each meal. It helps make
>> my life a little more tolerable. In taking a pill daily, I may be
>> shortening my life, but it is MY choice to live a QUALITY life over a
>> long but joylessly carb free life.
>>
>> I REFUSE to change what I post because some person here cannot eat the
>> recipe as I have posted it.
>>
>> We are not babies here, we all know the deal with diabetes, and we
>> have to change and adapt our eating habits to our own individual needs
>> WITHOUT PICKING ON PEOPLE about it.
>>
>> There is no ONE and only way to deal with the food issues involved
>> with diabetes.

>Yep. When I eat a carby dinner, Jun reminds me to take fatalajon.

What is fatalajon? I have never heard of it!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 23:06:57 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:

>On 1/5/2012 8:29 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>> Tiger > wrote:
>> : On 1/4/2012 6:01 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> :>> i don't count the holes in the ceiling tiles, just the # of tiles
>> :>
>> :> I only count when I am in a waiting room usually. Its not a compulsion,
>> :> it just relieves boredom.
>>
>> : snap!
>>
>> : i'm bored, what the heck can i do? stare at strangers? listen to
>> : everyone's conversations? watch the staff work? hide in the bathroom?
>> : (none acceptable in my upbringing)
>>
>> : oh well, count tiles, windows, chairs, floor tiles.......
>> : magazines......... damn, i'm running out of things to count what next,
>> : when WILL i be seen! ??? LOL
>>
>> : kate
>>
>> The big advantage of having a electronic reader that ou charge the night
>> befo-)
>>
>> Wendy

>i showed up at 10:30 for my day surgery
>
>the surgery was scheduled for 12:55pm
>
>i actually got 'called up' at 3pm (they had my name on file but no
>appearance time for my surgery.......... the nurse was confused and had
>to go out to ensure things were ok)
>
>got released just after 6pm (versus 4pm latest original guestimate)
>
>home and got dinner by 8:30 pm
>
>lol
>
>kate

I was told to show up for my stomach surgery before 8AM after having
fasted for two days, and no water for 24 hrs before. They never
operated on me until 5 PM that evening. It was a crazy marathon that
weekend, but I did get to go home a day and a half later.

I don't regret having done it! I am doing so well medically, and just
discovered that I lost another ten lbs in the last month!

Evelyn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 23:06:57 -0700, Tiger Lily > wrote:
>
>>On 1/5/2012 8:29 AM, W. Baker wrote:
>>> Tiger > wrote:
>>> : On 1/4/2012 6:01 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>>> :>> i don't count the holes in the ceiling tiles, just the # of
>>> tiles
>>> :>
>>> :> I only count when I am in a waiting room usually. Its not a
>>> compulsion,
>>> :> it just relieves boredom.
>>>
>>> : snap!
>>>
>>> : i'm bored, what the heck can i do? stare at strangers? listen to
>>> : everyone's conversations? watch the staff work? hide in the
>>> bathroom?
>>> : (none acceptable in my upbringing)
>>>
>>> : oh well, count tiles, windows, chairs, floor tiles.......
>>> : magazines......... damn, i'm running out of things to count what
>>> next,
>>> : when WILL i be seen! ??? LOL
>>>
>>> : kate
>>>
>>> The big advantage of having a electronic reader that ou charge the
>>> night
>>> befo-)
>>>
>>> Wendy

>>i showed up at 10:30 for my day surgery
>>
>>the surgery was scheduled for 12:55pm
>>
>>i actually got 'called up' at 3pm (they had my name on file but no
>>appearance time for my surgery.......... the nurse was confused and
>>had
>>to go out to ensure things were ok)
>>
>>got released just after 6pm (versus 4pm latest original guestimate)
>>
>>home and got dinner by 8:30 pm
>>
>>lol
>>
>>kate

> I was told to show up for my stomach surgery before 8AM after having
> fasted for two days, and no water for 24 hrs before. They never
> operated on me until 5 PM that evening. It was a crazy marathon that
> weekend, but I did get to go home a day and a half later.
>
> I don't regret having done it! I am doing so well medically, and just
> discovered that I lost another ten lbs in the last month!

It just keeps getting better

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 22:27:23 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>i showed up at 10:30 for my day surgery
>>>
>>>the surgery was scheduled for 12:55pm
>>>
>>>i actually got 'called up' at 3pm (they had my name on file but no
>>>appearance time for my surgery.......... the nurse was confused and
>>>had
>>>to go out to ensure things were ok)
>>>
>>>got released just after 6pm (versus 4pm latest original guestimate)
>>>
>>>home and got dinner by 8:30 pm
>>>
>>>lol
>>>
>>>kate

>> I was told to show up for my stomach surgery before 8AM after having
>> fasted for two days, and no water for 24 hrs before. They never
>> operated on me until 5 PM that evening. It was a crazy marathon that
>> weekend, but I did get to go home a day and a half later.
>>
>> I don't regret having done it! I am doing so well medically, and just
>> discovered that I lost another ten lbs in the last month!
>>

>It just keeps getting better

I will be going to the doc today and find out what my latest A1C is,
and considering that I ate a few bits of everthing even the naughty
stuff over the holidays (but in the small quantities that I am able
to) and I STILL lost another ten lbs, I am not dreading it at all.

I haven't felt this good in a long time!

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:08:39 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>news
>>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:40:40 -0800, "Julie Bove"

m...

>>> I recall from past conversations, that you do not put a chicken into
>>> it. That's OK. I like chicken in mine. I like it to be so rich
>>> with chicken that when it gets cold it turns to jelly.

>>I put canned chicken.

> I hate to say it, but yes, you are right that would absolutely not be
> acceptable to me at all in flavor or texture.
>
> I have some canned chicken in the house because on the very rarest of
> occasions it is good for a quickie chicken salad.

See? There you go. You say *I* can't say stuff like that but it is fine
for you to say it about what I eat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 07:13:30 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:08:39 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:40:40 -0800, "Julie Bove"

om...

>>>I put canned chicken.

>> I hate to say it, but yes, you are right that would absolutely not be
>> acceptable to me at all in flavor or texture.
>>
>> I have some canned chicken in the house because on the very rarest of
>> occasions it is good for a quickie chicken salad.

>See? There you go. You say *I* can't say stuff like that but it is fine
>for you to say it about what I eat.

Not quite. But then I will not argue with you about it.

Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/4/2012 5:58 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> Well, I don't think I will do it again, the distress was too bad, it
> really got to me. Removing her overhead light bulb is less stressful and
> relatively effective.

I had a 'lost it' moment with teenlet (then kidlet) many years ago.
After i calmed down, i wrote up everything so we could discuss how i
felt when he did/said (whatever the issue was), why i wanted his
behaviour to change and what *I* was willing to do.

I know you can't do that with Jazzy......... the light bulb sounds good!

Give yourself a break all the same!

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/5/2012 8:08 AM, W. Baker wrote:
> Tiger > wrote:
> : On 1/4/2012 8:24 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
> :>> The diet that Jan referred to is the stage one diet. I am waaay
> :>> beyond that. I believe there are four stages of diets. Maybe only
> :>> three. But for me to be on stage one at this point would be just
> :>> plain silly!
> :>
> :> Thanks for expanding on that. I know little about gastroparesis and that
> :> is the sort of information people need to know about.
>

> : interesting
>
> : so, a blenderised meat in juice wouldn't ameleorate the digestion
> : problems for protein, an essential building block for the body?
>
> : i mean, beans are full of fibre and that causes lots of problems,
> : putting them thru a blender won't remove the fibre
>
> : kate
>
> But woulln't it at lest get it past the stomach which seems to be a big
> part of the Gastorparesis problem Julie mentions, that feeling fuul
> because the stomach won't empty , particularly wit hard to igest meat and
> fibel?
>
> Wendy

Just guessing, but given enough fluid to push the fibrous beans past the
GP point would probably help. The stomach's lack of ability/mobility to
move is a huge problem with fibre gumming up the works.

MiniMed make an electric stimulator (similar idea to a pacemaker) that
allow people with GP to "function closer to normal". Wondering why
Julie hasn't been given that option with all the problems the GP causes
her.

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/6/2012 5:22 AM, Evelyn wrote:
> I was told to show up for my stomach surgery before 8AM after having
> fasted for two days, and no water for 24 hrs before. They never
> operated on me until 5 PM that evening. It was a crazy marathon that
> weekend, but I did get to go home a day and a half later.
>
> I don't regret having done it! I am doing so well medically, and just
> discovered that I lost another ten lbs in the last month!
>
> Evelyn

oh my Evelyn, my stomach would be GROWLING so hard if i had to fast that
long!

prior to the surgery, i was asked how i feel.... hungry?

i said 'oh ya, but the day surgery ward has promised me an egg salad
sandwich when i get back!'
lol

they had turkey or roast beef, oh well
i still was HAPPY to be eating

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/6/2012 5:22 AM, Evelyn wrote:
> I don't regret having done it! I am doing so well medically, and just
> discovered that I lost another ten lbs in the last month!
>
> Evelyn

congrats on the weight loss, you didn't lose it, i found it!

lol

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/6/2012 7:18 AM, Susan wrote:
> I hope your recovery is fast, complete and painless!
>
> Susan

Susan, i'm very surprised at how good i feel (as compared to the first 9
ops in this series)

I'm a bit 'punchy' still today and my vision isn't working the best, but
i haven't taken any pain killers since before bed last night! Amazing!

ty for the good wishes

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

once I figured out I had it ..it changed my life in that I no longer feel
like a freak or a nut job.

I no longer feel bad about living in my head etc and know my quirks dont
make me crazy..just ME and I'm fine with it.

I have relearned how to socialize with others better because I now "get"
what made them uncomfortable with me

it isn't easy but it is much better for me now

KROM

"KROM" > wrote in message
> I just read a article about how we are ALL autistic/OCD as babies/kids but
> some hormone/chemical in growing changes it to make us not

> it makes sense biologically if you think about it a baby needs to be self
> contained and "internal" thinking to stay safe and learn.
>
> so a baby repeats actions over and over again to enforce the learning of
> the thing.
>
> as we grow we can know doing a thing once or twice has a known outcome and
> can even predict outcomes before doing a thing..babies cannot.
>
> so if you dont get that change as a baby you grow up with a brain that
> demands multiples reinforcement such as checking if the doors locked over
> and over even though you know it is etc.
>
> the brain and chemistry of development is very interesting.

It certainly is and way beyond my scope.

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM