Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:
: Ozgirl wrote:
: "Julie Bove" wrote in message

: Well Wendy feels offended. I don't think it was meant to offend her
: but I am not you (who may or may not have meant to offend) or Wendy
: (who did feel offended). Kiss and make up?

: Okay sorry Wendy. But I can't say it won't happen again because that is
: just the way I speak!

OK, I will just have to learn to make an exception for you and understand
that you do not really mean what your words say.

Sorry,

Wendy

What? I DO mean what my words say!

Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 12:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
I grew up in a house where many foods were disgusting. Both of my parents
referred to foods as exactly that. And they still do. I was once told that
the food I brought in from a taco place smelled like garbage. And my mom
used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us making
faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it? Is it any
wonder that I never learned to like the stuff?

My maternal grandmother and her husband expressed similar disgusts for many
foods and were very vocal about it. They refused to eat anything that they
considered to be foreign and my step-grandpa would not touch a leftover or
eat outdoors.

So to me, referring to foods like that is a very normal thing.

and that is what is so sad........ food isn't disgusting and those
behaviours aren't normal

would a counselor help? i bet Angela would benefit too

kate
Old 03-01-2012, 07:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 12:02 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Actually she has said that countless times!

Julie, you have been on usenet for how many years???

the low carb/high carb discussions have gone on since my first entry to
usenet

and, HIGH CARB DIETS will RAISE your bg levels! the archives will
reflect many meals you posted about (during your vegetarian days) that
were all carbs and nothing else, along with your surprise over how high
your bg went

kate

Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb,
their BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Actually she has said that countless times!

No, she hasn't said that low carb is the "only" way for everyone at all.

Cheri

Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb,
their BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Actually she has said that countless times!

No, she hasn't said that low carb is the "only" way for everyone at all.

She does tell them if they would low carb their BG would come down.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/3/2012 12:14 PM, W. Baker wrote:
OK, I will just have to learn to make an exception for you and understand
that you do not really mean what your words say.

Sorry,

Wendy

you don't have anything to be sorry about Wendy, so please don't apologize

if person A is allowed to be upset, then persons (everyone else) can
also be upset....... this concept of person A needs "special treatment"
is fine, i guess, but that doesn't mean i'll bother to extend it when we
repeatedly get kicked in the teeth by person A

luv
person (other)

Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

WHATTTTTTT? OMFG! That is extremely insulting! Extremely! Just because I
grew up in a different manner than you did doesn't mean that it is
necessarily wrong. Some food is disgusting to *me*. It certainly is and
you can't tell me otherwise. There are such things as picky eaters. I know
a whole lot of them.

Angela and I eat a balanced diet given our food allergies. I don't *have*
to like everything you like. And just because *I* don't like something
doesn't make it "sad".

Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

Did I say anything about a high carb diet? No. And I never ate meals that
were all carbs and nothing else. I did eat beans. Beans contain protein.

I wasn't a diabetic then. And there was no surprise about my BG. I think
you are remembering things very wrong.

Yes, I ate a lot more carbs before I was a diabetic. I'd be willing to bet
a lot of us did, but perhaps in different forms. I never was one to eat a
lot of bread or fruit or sweets.

This isn't a low carb/high carb discussion. Not at all!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit
in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb,
their BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

No, they don't, and no she's not. There isn't an "only way" to anything
related to diabetes, but one thing is for sure...a high carb diet never
helped any diabetic.

Actually she has said that countless times!

No, she hasn't said that low carb is the "only" way for everyone at all.

She does tell them if they would low carb their BG would come down.

She says..."to try low carbing" and see if your BG will come down when
people are having high BG...everyone has a different idea of what low carb
is, so if someone is eating 200gm of carb, and they cut down to 100gm for
instance, they usually will find that it helps a great deal with control. Of
course there are those that don't want to deprive themselves of anything, so
they continue on a high carb path...and then wonder why they develop a
number of other things, while posting the high carb snacks, meals etc. that
they're eating. Then...yes, patience wears thin, and people will point out
the folly of it.

Cheri

Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
[...]

I do not think 100g is low carb.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Cheri" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
[...]

No, you don't...but many people do.

Cheri

Old 03-01-2012, 09:06 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

She's filtered (not KF'ed), I couldn't stand that incessant whining, when
there are others in the group that have life situations worse than she,
and
still don't whine about it. The occasional fulminant rave clears the mind
and the mood of the group :-) and also earns renewed respect.

Well I know this is the food newsgroup and I do post about food here. But
on ASD it is a support group and I do think people should be allowed to vent
there.

Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am glad it
is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me. And I haven't
found the solution yet.

and once again you demonstrate just how ungrateful you are and how little you
understand what others are trying to tell you
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Ozgirl" wrote:

Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
*could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.

what makes you think afd should be julies personal psychiatric ward? while she
occasionally does post on topic, most of her posts are rants or thinly veiled
pleas for help...don't think she "rarely" asks for help. At the very least she
demonstrates a lack of graciousness that is astounding but that is only exceeded
by the numbers of people who think she is just fine and can't understand why she
is being "attacked"
Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article , "Julie Bove"
wrote:

i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
(including YOU!)

oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

kate

What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here want to
make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me isn't a very
happy place.

and you do your best to make that a self-fulfilling prophecy, don't you?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
isn't a very happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Okay... That was over my head.

I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my jo(lo)kia.

Sorry, I don't get that either.

and now you see how much happier the group is

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM