Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: Julie, Thank you

Hi Julie,

Hopefully you will see this. You mentioned online shopping at
Amazon.com for some food items and standard household items. I got
curious and checked to see if I can save a few dimes.

While most of it didnt save me anything, with careful selections and
the automated setups, I now have a few things arriving monthly (some
every 2 months, some every 3 etc.) that are less expensive than I was
paying at local stores.

The big savers here we
Scott toilet paper, 1,000 sheets per roll (27 pack)
Pill Pockets for my dog's tramadol (she has arthritis really bad)
Pistacios
Garlic flavored instant potato packets
Cat food in a wheat free Rachael Ray kibble (cat has wheat allery)

I added some other reasonable priced things we already get (and same
price) to hit the 15% additional off and free shipping. That means even
the few things that were the same price locally, are now getting 15%
off.

I am looking at a brown gravy mix in a larger container and thinking to
get one to try out then if it works, see how ofen we will need a
refill. Because we are low meat eaters, we do not generate much gravy
making material here for scratch cooking but often want to make a curry
gravy (I can doctor it to a curry gravy easily which I do all the time
from packets).

The one off item is the instant potato packets but the best price here
is 10/10$ and these are .89 each. Lets face it, none of us ALWAYS
scratch cooks and these are fast and easy for a late night noshe and
provide some variety in my frozen home made 'TV dinners' Charlotte and
I use for lunches at work/school.

Anyways, thank you.

I'm saving about 15$ a month now plus there's some things that we could
have run out of that would have cost me gas to go get.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:51:56 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Hi Julie,
>
>Hopefully you will see this. You mentioned online shopping at
>Amazon.com for some food items and standard household items. I got
>curious and checked to see if I can save a few dimes.
>
>While most of it didnt save me anything, with careful selections and
>the automated setups, I now have a few things arriving monthly (some
>every 2 months, some every 3 etc.) that are less expensive than I was
>paying at local stores.
>
>The big savers here we
>Scott toilet paper, 1,000 sheets per roll (27 pack)
>Pill Pockets for my dog's tramadol (she has arthritis really bad)
>Pistacios
>Garlic flavored instant potato packets
>Cat food in a wheat free Rachael Ray kibble (cat has wheat allery)
>
>I added some other reasonable priced things we already get (and same
>price) to hit the 15% additional off and free shipping. That means even
>the few things that were the same price locally, are now getting 15%
>off.
>
>I am looking at a brown gravy mix in a larger container and thinking to
>get one to try out then if it works, see how ofen we will need a
>refill. Because we are low meat eaters, we do not generate much gravy
>making material here for scratch cooking but often want to make a curry
>gravy (I can doctor it to a curry gravy easily which I do all the time
>from packets).
>
>The one off item is the instant potato packets but the best price here
>is 10/10$ and these are .89 each. Lets face it, none of us ALWAYS
>scratch cooks and these are fast and easy for a late night noshe and
>provide some variety in my frozen home made 'TV dinners' Charlotte and
>I use for lunches at work/school.
>
>Anyways, thank you.
>
>I'm saving about 15$ a month now plus there's some things that we could
>have run out of that would have cost me gas to go get.
>
> Carol

If you're using Amazon's "Subscribe & Save" feature you should have
saved a lot more than $15 on all those items.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:41:19 -0400, Brooklyn1

>If you're using Amazon's "Subscribe & Save" feature you should have
>saved a lot more than $15 on all those items.

Sucked into Amazon's evil capitalist billionaire Ownership Class' evil
plan, eh?

Not ME buddy!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:51:56 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > Hi Julie,
> >
> > Hopefully you will see this. You mentioned online shopping at
> > Amazon.com for some food items and standard household items. I got
> > curious and checked to see if I can save a few dimes.
> >
> > While most of it didnt save me anything, with careful selections and
> > the automated setups, I now have a few things arriving monthly (some
> > every 2 months, some every 3 etc.) that are less expensive than I
> > was paying at local stores.
> >
> > The big savers here we
> > Scott toilet paper, 1,000 sheets per roll (27 pack)
> > Pill Pockets for my dog's tramadol (she has arthritis really bad)
> > Pistacios
> > Garlic flavored instant potato packets
> > Cat food in a wheat free Rachael Ray kibble (cat has wheat allery)
> >
> > I added some other reasonable priced things we already get (and same
> > price) to hit the 15% additional off and free shipping. That means
> > even the few things that were the same price locally, are now
> > getting 15% off.
> >
> > I am looking at a brown gravy mix in a larger container and
> > thinking to get one to try out then if it works, see how ofen we
> > will need a refill. Because we are low meat eaters, we do not
> > generate much gravy making material here for scratch cooking but
> > often want to make a curry gravy (I can doctor it to a curry gravy
> > easily which I do all the time from packets).
> >
> > The one off item is the instant potato packets but the best price
> > here is 10/10$ and these are .89 each. Lets face it, none of us
> > ALWAYS scratch cooks and these are fast and easy for a late night
> > noshe and provide some variety in my frozen home made 'TV dinners'
> > Charlotte and I use for lunches at work/school.
> >
> > Anyways, thank you.
> >
> > I'm saving about 15$ a month now plus there's some things that we
> > could have run out of that would have cost me gas to go get.
> >
> > Carol

> If you're using Amazon's "Subscribe & Save" feature you should have
> saved a lot more than $15 on all those items.

Dunno Sheldon, I live where stuff is generally cheaper than your area.
Maybe I am saving more but it's not that obvious. I am basing the
savings on sale prices here. Seems reasonable to me.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:41:19 -0400, Brooklyn1

>> If you're using Amazon's "Subscribe & Save" feature you should have
>> saved a lot more than $15 on all those items.

> Sucked into Amazon's evil capitalist billionaire Ownership Class' evil
> plan, eh?
>
> Not ME buddy!
>
> John Kuthe...

You're a noxious crankwit.

So now it's Amazon eh, who's next, Costco?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Julie, Thank you

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Hi Julie,
>
> Hopefully you will see this. You mentioned online shopping at
> Amazon.com for some food items and standard household items. I got
> curious and checked to see if I can save a few dimes.
>
> While most of it didnt save me anything, with careful selections and
> the automated setups, I now have a few things arriving monthly (some
> every 2 months, some every 3 etc.) that are less expensive than I was
> paying at local stores.
>
> The big savers here we
> Scott toilet paper, 1,000 sheets per roll (27 pack)
> Pill Pockets for my dog's tramadol (she has arthritis really bad)
> Pistacios
> Garlic flavored instant potato packets
> Cat food in a wheat free Rachael Ray kibble (cat has wheat allery)
>
> I added some other reasonable priced things we already get (and same
> price) to hit the 15% additional off and free shipping. That means even
> the few things that were the same price locally, are now getting 15%
> off.
>
> I am looking at a brown gravy mix in a larger container and thinking to
> get one to try out then if it works, see how ofen we will need a
> refill. Because we are low meat eaters, we do not generate much gravy
> making material here for scratch cooking but often want to make a curry
> gravy (I can doctor it to a curry gravy easily which I do all the time
> from packets).
>
> The one off item is the instant potato packets but the best price here
> is 10/10$ and these are .89 each. Lets face it, none of us ALWAYS
> scratch cooks and these are fast and easy for a late night noshe and
> provide some variety in my frozen home made 'TV dinners' Charlotte and
> I use for lunches at work/school.
>
> Anyways, thank you.
>
> I'm saving about 15$ a month now plus there's some things that we could
> have run out of that would have cost me gas to go get.
>
> Carol

You're welcome. I would never use automatic shipments for anything though.
But that's just me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Hi Julie,
> >
> > Hopefully you will see this. You mentioned online shopping at
> > Amazon.com for some food items and standard household items. I got
> > curious and checked to see if I can save a few dimes.
> >
> > While most of it didnt save me anything, with careful selections and
> > the automated setups, I now have a few things arriving monthly (some
> > every 2 months, some every 3 etc.) that are less expensive than I
> > was paying at local stores.
> >
> > The big savers here we
> > Scott toilet paper, 1,000 sheets per roll (27 pack)
> > Pill Pockets for my dog's tramadol (she has arthritis really bad)
> > Pistacios
> > Garlic flavored instant potato packets
> > Cat food in a wheat free Rachael Ray kibble (cat has wheat allery)
> >
> > I added some other reasonable priced things we already get (and same
> > price) to hit the 15% additional off and free shipping. That means
> > even the few things that were the same price locally, are now
> > getting 15% off.
> >
> > I am looking at a brown gravy mix in a larger container and
> > thinking to get one to try out then if it works, see how ofen we
> > will need a refill. Because we are low meat eaters, we do not
> > generate much gravy making material here for scratch cooking but
> > often want to make a curry gravy (I can doctor it to a curry gravy
> > easily which I do all the time from packets).
> >
> > The one off item is the instant potato packets but the best price
> > here is 10/10$ and these are .89 each. Lets face it, none of us
> > ALWAYS scratch cooks and these are fast and easy for a late night
> > noshe and provide some variety in my frozen home made 'TV dinners'
> > Charlotte and I use for lunches at work/school.
> >
> > Anyways, thank you.
> >
> > I'm saving about 15$ a month now plus there's some things that we
> > could have run out of that would have cost me gas to go get.
> >
> > Carol

> You're welcome. I would never use automatic shipments for anything
> though. But that's just me.

Thats ok Julie. It is working for me.

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM
Ping: Julie Robert Miles[_4_] Diabetic 389 09-02-2012 05:56 PM