Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping: Julie

Hey Julie,

You mentioned these bars and I bought a box and the first bite of the
chocolate peanut butter flavor made me think I made a mistake buying
them. But the flavor is something a few bites is all you need to get
used to them, and they grew on me.

I just got notice they have a BOGO sale. I think I'm going to try
another flavor.

http://www.dalesrawfoods.com/special-offers-sale

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Julie

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> Hey Julie,
>
> You mentioned these bars and I bought a box and the first bite of the
> chocolate peanut butter flavor made me think I made a mistake buying them.
> But the flavor is something a few bites is all you need to get used to
> them, and they grew on me.
>
> I just got notice they have a BOGO sale. I think I'm going to try another
> flavor.
>
> http://www.dalesrawfoods.com/special-offers-sale

I must have been insanely hungry when I ate the first one. Have had two
more since and can't say that I was thrilled with them. But they weren't
bad and they served the purpose. To get more protein in me and a few carbs
on those days when my dinner is going to be delayed.

The other flavors might taste better. I just can't have almonds so that was
the only kind I could eat.

If I had a food processor, I could likely make my own. I used to do a raw
vegan diet and that sort of thing is very easy to make but you really do
need the food processor to get that texture.

I bought some kind of raw chocolate bites about a week ago but now can't
remember where. Either Whole Foods or Central Market. They had coconut I
them but otherwise, exactly like the raw brownies I used to make. But these
were rolled into balls. Insanely easy to make but again need the food
processor. Just take a date or two and mix it with water for the sweetness.
Then add nuts (pecans, almonds, walnuts) and cocoa powder. Process until
smooth. If you like a nutty texture you can add in some chopped nuts.
Proportions will vary depending on the recipe. I don't like super sweet so I
used about half nuts and half cocoa. End result has the taste and texture
of a baked brownie. I fed these to nut haters and they loved them!

I would think that making these bars would be quite similar.

Also used to make lemon chews that were nuts processed with lemon juice and
zest and just a tiny bit of agave nectar for sweetness. Can't remember if I
used macadamia or cashews for those. Process until smooth, roll in balls,
flatten slightly and chill. End result is much like a cookie.

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM
Ping: Julie Robert Miles[_4_] Diabetic 389 09-02-2012 05:56 PM