Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Julie

"Cheri" > wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> [ . . . . ]
> > What in the hell is your problem lately? All you can do is attack and
> > attack! I am an atheist. That in and of itself should tell you that I
> > question pretty much everything! And of course I do research for
> > myself. So why are you telling me I should tell a dietician something
> > just because someone tells me to?

> Julie, nowhere did I tell you that you should "tell your dietician
> anything." BTW, it's a whole lot EASIER to be an athiest than it is to be
> a religious person of any kind, so I'm not surprised at all that you are.

Cheri, Although this was specifically directed to Julie, I feel I must
weigh in.

I was born and raised Roman Catholic. At 17, I became an atheist. At 21, I
started studying oriental philosophies, Buddhism in particular. At 50,
while practicing Insight Meditation for 19 hours a day, with no breaks, at
a Cambodian Buddhist temple in Long Beach, CA, on the tenth day I underwent
an experience that was physical, mental and emotional, and cannot be
described, but only experienced. That was 26 years ago.

Thanks be to G-d, I am still a happy atheist. To quote the Bard, "It's a
whole lot EASIER to be an athiest [sic] than it is to be a religious person
of any kind." I take joy in Hanukkah and Christmas and am disgusted by
those whose aspiration is to blow themselves up in the hope of murdering
some innocent infidel.

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~