Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Julie

On 1/3/2012 8:59 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>>> Did you also cut your salad on the same chopping board?
>>>
>>> I have only ever had smoked chicken that I bought pre smoked. It was
>>> quite vile. But I wouldn't be averse to trying home made stuff. My
>>> daughter interstate got a smoker for Christmas and I hope to be able to
>>> go there late January. How did you do the breasts? I'd rather like to
>>> give this smoker a go while I am there

>> what woods do you have access to?

> No idea, I'll ask my daughter when I speak to her next.
>
>> hickory is very nice, but an apple wood can be very interesting

> I doubt we would have a big range here but you never know.
>
>> smoking is a long slow process, but you will LOVE the results IF you
>> choose a wood flavour you like
>>
>> shoot me an e-mail, i'll ask a friend (Dad was the pro on this, and i
>> had many many smoked salmon over my years )

> I like salmon, not sure about here but she loves fresh fish and they
> have a boat which ensures fresh fish.

the shops that sell the smokers also carry the wood chips, so she would
have an idea of where/whom to go ask

my favs are
hickory
apple
oak scotch (and such) barrels being recycled from the wine factories
and more
grin
kate

--
Never argue with IDIOTS, they only drag you down to their level and beat
you up with experience. Dedicated to JB 1/2/12.