Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

On 1/2/2012 9:48 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
On 1/2/2012 6:21 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms!

grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym

Reactions to other
people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words to
heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back. But
you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me at
any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is that
brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your butt
looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years in
usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more recent.
FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and well....
why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i stop!
LOL

and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well, i
have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL

kate (frustrated, for the record)

I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:

How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could be
avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to receive
help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.

I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where we
have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having one
of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
killfiled. Point taken.

Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific person.

yup, you said it Jan

however......... lol.......... what do you do then?????

i've set the filters to mark as read......... that way i can look but it
reminds me 'don't say anything, she doesn't want any help'

having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well

i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help (including
YOU!)

oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

kate

Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: : ...
: : On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: : In , "Julie
: :
: : wrote:
: :
: : "Robert wrote in message
: : ...
: : There's a post on gastroparesis over in misc.health.diabetes
that I
: : thought you would want to see.
: :
: : Why? I know I have it. A post telling me that less diabetics
have
: it
: : than
: : originally thought just doesn't do me any good.
: :
: : once again julie goes to great lengths to demonstrate just how
: ungrateful
: : she is
: : for any help
: :
: : without even reading the post in question that had nothing to do
with
: her
: : "i already know it all" approach
: :
: : i give up
: :
: : i've tried
: :
: : and i'm probably be STUPID enough to reply to her again (i know i
have
: : already today)
: :
: : but the animosity that her every post exhibits..................
: Julie,
: : send me a FOAD e-mail, you have my info
:
: : I guess I don't even know what you are talking about.
:
: : I saw a post by Wendy. She failed to put the link on ASD but she
put a
: link
: : up on MHD. The link said that fewer people have gastroparesis than
: : originally thought. I know I have it. It has been confirmed twice
by a
: : gastroenterologist.
:
: : I also saw Ozgirl reply about a person she knew that not only had
that
: but
: : bowel cancer. And that woman was on a liquid diet.
:
: : What does this have to do with me? I just don't get it.
:
: : Apparently I am missing something.
:
: : You are clearly angry with me but I don't know why.
:
: I had sent the post about the article to BOTH MHD AND ASD, BUT FOR
SOME
: REASON, NOT MY FAULT it never arrived on asd. It was not my
failure!!!!
:
: The implication that somehow iwas wrong or not good enough to not have
put
: it on asd is not vice. Why say I dfailed, rather than something like
it
: was just on mhd or no evaluation comment at all?
:
: Wendy

: What? All I said was that you failed the put the link on ASD. What is
: wrong with that? At any rate I do not see how your post would be
helpful to
: *me* personally in any way. I'm not saying it was a bad post. Just
saying
: it wasn't helpful to me. But then *you* didn't say that it was. Robert
is
: the one saying there was a post of interest to me. I'm saying if there
was,
: I missed it. He didn't even say what post it was.
As a former or , perhaps. still a writer, you should know the connotations
of words and the emotional and other eanings specifi words have. "failed"
is one such word, implyig some lact or not correct omission or not coming
up to the mark. That is what I am commenting on. You used the word.
"failed which implies that I did something or omitted doing something I
was supposed , or required to do.

I, certainly, was not posting the reference to the article for you or any
other SPECIFIC individual, just to let diabetics have the lastest
information and possibly reduce the worry that it is a common cide effect
of the disease.

Wendy

Well, no. I just don't see it. Let me look it up in the dictionary.

Here is one definition: 3.
to be or become deficient or lacking; be insufficient or absent; fall short:
Our supplies failed.

Bottom line, you did not put the link.

So first, Robert posted that there was something that might be of interest
to me, but he didn't tell me specifically what it was. I thought that was
odd that he would even post that in the food newsgroup since I am a regular
on both other newsgroups. Why he thought I wouldn't see it is beyond me.
And whatever it was, remains a mystery to me.

Was it your post? Was it Ozgirl's reply? Or the reply of Mal Reynolds? If
it was his, I didn't see it. He is in my killfile.

I honestly didn't see anything of interest to me. But since *nobody* has
told me what it was I was supposed to have seen, I still don't know.

I looked at ASD and saw your post but with no link. So then I had to go
over to MSD. All I know is that I feel like I was sent on a wild goose
chase and I still haven't a clue what it was I supposed to have seen.

As for the word "fail", that is the way I use it. I have said the same
thing when I have done the same thing. "Oops! I failed to put the link!"
I see nothing at all wrong in saying that. It is proper English.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: ...
: On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: In , "Julie
:
: wrote:
:
: "Robert wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Wendy, the word *failed* doesn't have to have negative connotations. If I
send an email and get a message back that the message has failed that
doesn't mean I wasn't good enough or wrong etc, just that the sending
didn't succeed in its purpose. In this instance I don't think Julie meant
you any ill will by using the (correct) word.

I didn't and I honestly don't know why everyone is getting so upset.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Ozgirl wrote:

: "W. Baker" wrote in message
: ...
: Julie Bove wrote:
:
: : "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: : ...
: : On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: : In , "Julie
: :
: : wrote:
: :
: : "Robert wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

It seemed quite judgemental to me. I sent the article to a group I didn't
even think julie read because I didn't tink she woudl find anyting from
it, then later thried to get it to ASD, but it idn't work.

I think julie shuld watch her words, as they can send the wrong meaning if
she did not man to criticise. She is often very free with her disgust at
things other people enjoy, usually foods, but is quick to take offense if
she thinks someone is somehow criticising or being at all "judgemental"
about her. I usually remain silent, but this one just pushed the wrong
button.

I have always read both groups. But if it was your post that Robert was
referring to, then I don't know why he would have thought that would be of
interest to me. Or maybe he didn't read it? I still don't know. Robert
hasn't said anything since.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

As I said elsewhere, its human nature to want to help people (for most
people anyway). Wait til you have your first grandchild You will be
biting your tongue many times. Knowing you should leave the younguns to
decided what's best for their baby but also wanting so much to say
something Think of this as good practice for what is down the track
for you

having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well

Well I must say I haven't noticed Julie spitting under those
circumstances. Not to say she hasn't, I just haven't seen it.

i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
(including YOU!)

Or.... you could say she is different Different is not wrong, its
just different. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And
if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
Dalai Lama". http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...alai_lama.html

oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

Or not (remembering Quentin's words.. he would say something "is"
unless "its not" - never a truer word spoken! lol). I have found in the
past that changing one's perception of a situation works better than
thinking a situation has to be black/white, right/wrong.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: "Tiger Lily" wrote in message
: ...
: On 1/1/2012 4:36 PM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
: In , "Julie
:
: wrote:
:
: "Robert wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Well Wendy feels offended. I don't think it was meant to offend her but
I am not you (who may or may not have meant to offend) or Wendy (who did
feel offended). Kiss and make up?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here want to
make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me isn't a very
happy place.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Ozgirl" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
In , "Julie

wrote:

"Robert wrote in message
[...]

Okay sorry Wendy. But I can't say it won't happen again because that is
just the way I speak!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
[...]

Oh, my job as a grandma will be to spoil the child rotten............ no
one will spank Grandma for that! LOL
and yes, i can imagine i'll have some opinions i need to keep to
myself........ having said that....... all things being equal..........
i hope it's oh, 7 yrs or more before i need to worry about that

ya, teenlet is madly in love, and, i have to say she is a sweetheart,
they have very similar temperments/tolerances and they simply cherish
each other............ smitten is the word i'm looking for, i believe
(whimper, won't tell you how long it took me to get over that, he's my
BABY!!!! and he's a young adult that can/will leave me if i'm not
treading carefully)

having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well

Well I must say I haven't noticed Julie spitting under those
circumstances. Not to say she hasn't, I just haven't seen it.

It's good to know that just ignoring her will help her. That the entire
purpose is just to vent. Having said that, i just posted about
Moussaka, wanna bet i hear "ewwww, that's too slimey and greasy for me,
there is NO WAY i could ever eat that AWFUL sludge". I love her idea of
support............ it's not all about JULIE!!!!! what a concept
(evasive, but a concept)

ya, that was snarky of me, but it also is the truth

i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
(including YOU!)

Or.... you could say she is different Different is not wrong, its
just different. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And
if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
Dalai Lama". http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...alai_lama.html

oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

Or not (remembering Quentin's words.. he would say something "is"
unless "its not" - never a truer word spoken! lol). I have found in the
past that changing one's perception of a situation works better than
thinking a situation has to be black/white, right/wrong.

I'm in the age of 'grey' LOL

It's because i can see/relate to both sides of the convo that i get into
trouble when i try........... why do i try? oh well

kate

Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here want to
make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me isn't a very
happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
isn't a very happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Okay... That was over my head.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~
Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their BG
would come down. Susan is one of them.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:
Tiger Lily wrote:
On 1/2/2012 10:30 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
What? Sad? Lonely? I don't think so! And why would anyone here
want to make me happy? I don't come here to be happy! This to me
isn't a very happy place.

not a good time for a pithy pity joke

(hint: joke)

kate

Okay... That was over my head.

I don't want to be a nag(a), so I won't make you the bhut of my jo(lo)kia.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Cheri" wrote in message
[ . . . . ]
I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their
BG would come down. Susan is one of them.

Jan said, "We HAVE to keep remembering that." Sure, it would be nice to
remember as much as would help us tailor our comments to our audience (not
advocating flip-flopping), but who is it that HAS to keep remembering
'anything'?

families: https://semperfifund.org https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ ~Semper Fi~
http://www.woundedwarriors.ca/ http://www.legacy.com.au/ ~Semper Fi~

Ping: Julie jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2016 12:18 AM
Ping: Julie, Thank you cshenk General Cooking 6 26-10-2015 11:03 PM
Ping: Julie Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 1 02-02-2014 08:41 AM
Ping: Julie sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2013 10:31 PM
Ping Julie Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 5 20-04-2012 10:28 PM