Old 14-03-2013, 04:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who Was It That Recently Asked About A Hot Water Heater -- I'm In Hot Water!

Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great... had this
installed yesterday:
http://i48.tinypic.com/ofm8x.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20p318l.jpg

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-...-vc2837ffud-us

Old 14-03-2013, 04:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2013 11:06 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great... had this
installed yesterday:
http://i48.tinypic.com/ofm8x.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20p318l.jpg

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-...-vc2837ffud-us

Why would you need to heat hot water.

Don't you mean a "water heater"?

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old 14-03-2013, 04:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:25:06 -0500, jay wrote:

In article ,
Brooklyn1 wrote:

Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great... had this
installed yesterday:
http://i48.tinypic.com/ofm8x.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20p318l.jpg

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-...-vc2837ffud-us

Nice clean installation.. and they installed proper flush ports and
installed a sediment trap on the gas line. Good for you! Rinnai is known
to be a good product. Works well if centrally located. Mine has to be
circulated due to location and I don't think it saves that much on the
bill. I have a Noritz.

I don't know about the Noritz brand, why did you choose it?
My propane company said that they'd only install Rinnai, said it's the
best... they assured me my savings would be better than 40%... I think
more because I was heating hot water with my house heating boiler, now
I can shut that gas guzzler off throughout the entire non-heating
season... I'm also using that vent-less gas heater, with it running my
boiler hardly runs, that little thing is 99% efficient (has no chimney
to waste heat). They always do a first class install job, no
skimping on quality parts. They had three guys working all day, a lot
was plumbing work on my boiler to get rid of the two hot water holding
tanks and all the extraneous plumbing, one was for my water jacketed
wood burning stove, I will never use it. I don't recommend anyone
attempt this as a DIY project.
Old 14-03-2013, 05:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 3/14/2013 11:06 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great... had this
installed yesterday:
http://i48.tinypic.com/ofm8x.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20p318l.jpg

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-...-vc2837ffud-us

Why would you need to heat hot water.

to keep it that way.

Old 14-03-2013, 05:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great... had this
installed yesterday:
http://i48.tinypic.com/ofm8x.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20p318l.jpg

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-...-vc2837ffud-us

That is what we all a combi boiler and we have had one for a few years now.
It was great to get rid of the water tank and I use that space for other
things.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 14-03-2013, 06:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 14, 12:06*pm, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great..

Can you give us a little 'rithmetic on cost vs. projected savings?

Old 14-03-2013, 06:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2013 2:22 PM, Ophelia wrote:
"Susan" wrote
On 3/14/2013 12:25 PM, jay wrote:
Nice clean installation.. and they installed proper flush ports and
installed a sediment trap on the gas line. Good for you! Rinnai is know
to be a good product. Works well if centrally located. Mine has to be
circulated due to location and I don't think it saves that much on the
bill. I have a Noritz.

We decided against it due to the need for extra water heaters upstairs
and the lack of savings compared to cost.

Not sure if what he has is the same as ours, but ours has cut costs
hugely. Our serves the whole house (4 floors) with hot water.

I think yours is like mine - central heating and hot water - a combi boiler?
Old 14-03-2013, 06:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great... had this
installed yesterday:
http://i48.tinypic.com/ofm8x.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20p318l.jpg

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-...-vc2837ffud-us

Nice clean installation.. and they installed proper flush ports and
installed a sediment trap on the gas line. Good for you! Rinnai is know
to be a good product. Works well if centrally located. Mine has to be
circulated due to location and I don't think it saves that much on the
bill. I have a Noritz.

So these are whole house units? Probably work better in smaller
houses, 1500 sf and under.

Old 14-03-2013, 07:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2013 12:25 PM, jay wrote:
Nice clean installation.. and they installed proper flush ports and
installed a sediment trap on the gas line. Good for you! Rinnai is
know
to be a good product. Works well if centrally located. Mine has to be
circulated due to location and I don't think it saves that much on the
bill. I have a Noritz.

We decided against it due to the need for extra water heaters upstairs
and the lack of savings compared to cost.

Not sure if what he has is the same as ours, but ours has cut costs
hugely. Our serves the whole house (4 floors) with hot water.

I think yours is like mine - central heating and hot water - a combi
boiler?

Yes it is. Is that not usual in US?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Old 14-03-2013, 07:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:22:51 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Not sure if what he has is the same as ours, but ours has cut costs hugely.
Our serves the whole house (4 floors) with hot water.

Well, that blows my theory right out of the water (so to speak).

Old 14-03-2013, 07:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/14/2013 12:25 PM, jay wrote:
Nice clean installation.. and they installed proper flush ports and
installed a sediment trap on the gas line. Good for you! Rinnai is
know
to be a good product. Works well if centrally located. Mine has to be
circulated due to location and I don't think it saves that much on the
bill. I have a Noritz.

We decided against it due to the need for extra water heaters upstairs
and the lack of savings compared to cost.

Not sure if what he has is the same as ours, but ours has cut costs
hugely. Our serves the whole house (4 floors) with hot water.

I think yours is like mine - central heating and hot water - a combi
boiler?

Yes it is. Is that not usual in US?

I've heard of a central furnace combined with an air-conditioner, but
never one that serves as a water heater too.

Old 14-03-2013, 07:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:01:04 -0500, jay wrote:

I have a circulation pump that
keeps warm water in the lines and also keeps kicking on the heater to
keep the circ water hot, using fuel. In larger homes you really need a
number of them.. talking serious money now.

Another thing I haven't heard of (probably because my climate is so
moderate). Does that work with regular hot water tanks too or is it
just a tankless add on feature? Water is expensive here too, but the
sewer charge is what really kills you.

Old 14-03-2013, 08:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

news

On 3/14/2013 12:25 PM, jay wrote:
[...]

I expect Sheila could describe it better in a way that is familiar to you.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Old 14-03-2013, 09:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:38:18 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

On 3/14/2013 11:06 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Anyone needs a new hot water heater or just wants to save a bunch of
money an On-Demand Tankless hot water heater works great... had this
installed yesterday:
http://i48.tinypic.com/ofm8x.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/20p318l.jpg

http://www.rinnai.us/tankless-water-...-vc2837ffud-us

Why would you need to heat hot water.

Don't you mean a "water heater"?

Glad we're not discussing baby oil right now.
Old 14-03-2013, 09:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

We've had ours a couple of years now and I like it. Our house is approx. 2,000 sf, two stories. My main complaint is a lack of hot water when the power goes out. Our old tank heater didn't need electricity to give us hot water when the house was freezing cold during a power outage, so we could at least take a nice hot shower before bed. I also dislike having to always wash my hands in cold water, it takes quite a while to get the hot water to the tap. On the other hand, I don't have to wait to take a shower after doing laundry, or running the dishwasher. We also converted our wood burning fireplace to natural gas, that saves a little money too. Electricity bill is less because the fireplace doesn't require electricity, except to start. It uses batteries to start during a power outage, so now we don't freeze when we lose power. So far this winter, the power has stayed on. Last tear we were out for eight days.