Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Who Was It That Recently Asked About A Hot Water Heater -- I'm In Hot Water!

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 03:28:12 +0000 (UTC), gregz >
wrote:

>I don't like the term boiler unless it's really a boiler for steam heat.
>That's the only time it boils. Water heaters are not boilers, although I've
>seen that happen when they build up stuff in the bottom.
>
>Greg

Like it or not, that is the terminology used all over the world by the
manufacturers and the engineers that design them.

Some boilers will do either, heat water or make steam, depending on
the controls.