Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sandwiches

It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.

Hmmm, so I used the butter a few slices of roast beef and some Dijon mustard
on the top slice of bread.

So bread, butter, roast beef slices from the deli, Dijon mustard and the top
of sourdough.

My oh my what a pleasant change.

--
Dimitri

Searing

http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 2:54*pm, "Dimitri" wrote:
It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.

Hmmm, so I used the butter a few slices of roast beef and some Dijon mustard
on the top slice of bread.

So bread, butter, roast beef slices from the deli, Dijon mustard and the top
of sourdough.

My oh my what a pleasant change.

Beef loves butter. Pork loves lard. It only stands to reason.

Assuming you could milk a pig (and I'd be running away as fast as I
could),
I wonder what use could be made of the milk. We'll probably never
know.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 11-03-2010, 08:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Dimitri" wrote:

It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.

Hmmm, so I used the butter a few slices of roast beef and some Dijon mustard
on the top slice of bread.

So bread, butter, roast beef slices from the deli, Dijon mustard and the top
of sourdough.

My oh my what a pleasant change.

I would say both work great. Just depends on your mood! :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Old 11-03-2010, 09:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 11, 11:54*am, "Dimitri" wrote:
It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.
.....[snip]
My oh my what a pleasant change.

Reminds me of how surprisingly good I found the classic afternoon tea
sandwich at Brown's in London: white bread, butter, cucumber. -
aem
Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Ranée at Arabian Knits wrote:

As far as I know, there is only one group of people that ever
commonly drank pig milk. I can't remember who they were now,
Phoenicians, or earlier. We studied them in ancient history. I think
there is a reason for this. People drink cow's milk, yak's milk,
reindeer milk, sheep's milk, goat's milk. They don't seem to want to
have anything to do with pig's milk.

Regards,
Ranee

Iirc, the Huns drank fermented mares milk?
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 1:54*pm, "Dimitri" wrote:
It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.

Hmmm, so I used the butter a few slices of roast beef and some Dijon mustard
on the top slice of bread.

So bread, butter, roast beef slices from the deli, Dijon mustard and the top
of sourdough.

My oh my what a pleasant change.

--
Dimitri

Searing

http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

I eat one weird sandwich with mayo - we lived on a farm when I was
growing up and have always, always had butter on sandwiches. There is
nothing like it, at least for me.

My weird one with mayo: white bread, peanut butter, crispy iceberg
lettuce (with some salt sprinkled on) and mayo. Yum.

N.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Mar 11, 1:16 pm, Omelet wrote:

Iirc, the Huns drank fermented mares milk?
--

As do the Mongols still. Horse-based cultures.....? -aem
Old 11-03-2010, 09:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 11, 3:12*pm, aem wrote:
On Mar 11, 11:54*am, "Dimitri" wrote:

It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.
.....[snip]
My oh my what a pleasant change.

Reminds me of how surprisingly good I found the classic afternoon tea
sandwich at Brown's in London: *white bread, butter, cucumber. * * -
aem

Butter with sliced radishes in a sandwich is absolutely divine. ;-)

Old 11-03-2010, 10:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:41:05 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
wrote:

On Mar 11, 1:54*pm, "Dimitri" wrote:
It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.

Hmmm, so I used the butter a few slices of roast beef and some Dijon mustard
on the top slice of bread.

So bread, butter, roast beef slices from the deli, Dijon mustard and the top
of sourdough.

My oh my what a pleasant change.

--
Dimitri

Searing

http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

I eat one weird sandwich with mayo - we lived on a farm when I was
growing up and have always, always had butter on sandwiches. There is
nothing like it, at least for me.

Both of my parents grew up on farms too and I was raised with butter
on sandwiches. The first time I remember mayo was on a whopper. eg
Now I find butter on a sandwich revolting except for a home made egg
mcmuffin. We never had mayo around but there was always miracle whip.
I've never liked MW. Even if I had it wasn't something my mom made
sandwiches with.

My weird one with mayo: white bread, peanut butter, crispy iceberg
lettuce (with some salt sprinkled on) and mayo. Yum.

Yep. That's weird.

Lou
Old 12-03-2010, 12:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
Nancy2 wrote:

My weird one with mayo: white bread, peanut butter, crispy iceberg
lettuce (with some salt sprinkled on) and mayo. Yum.

N.

My mom liked that combo. I've never been able to bring myself to try it!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Old 12-03-2010, 12:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
aem wrote:

On Mar 11, 1:16 pm, Omelet wrote:

Iirc, the Huns drank fermented mares milk?
--

As do the Mongols still. Horse-based cultures.....? -aem

Very likely. :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Old 12-03-2010, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
Nancy2 wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:12*pm, aem aem wrote:
On Mar 11, 11:54*am, "Dimitri" wrote:

It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.
.....[snip]
My oh my what a pleasant change.

Reminds me of how surprisingly good I found the classic afternoon tea
sandwich at Brown's in London: *white bread, butter, cucumber. * * -
aem

Butter with sliced radishes in a sandwich is absolutely divine. ;-)

Or even on crackers! So are sliced cukes as aem said. :-d Nice
appetizers. Either Ritz or Saltines. You can also just split a radish,
stick a little cold butter on it and sprinkle it with salt and pepper
and skip the cracker or bread. It "cools" them down a bit.

I most often use radishes cooked tho'.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Old 12-03-2010, 01:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
[...]

Peach preserves, bologna, cheese.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Nancy2 posted:

I eat one weird sandwich with mayo - we lived on a farm when I was
growing up and have always, always had butter on sandwiches. There is
nothing like it, at least for me.

Well, I like a hamburger bun toasted in the oven with garlic butter on it.
Drop on my pattie, the lettuce, tomato, onions...then if there's no cheese
on it, I use mayo. If there is cheese, I use mustard. Don't like the
combination of mayonnaise and cheese on the same burger, and a burger that
has mustard but no cheese seems naked to me.

My weird one with mayo: white bread, peanut butter, crispy iceberg
lettuce (with some salt sprinkled on) and mayo. Yum.

I like to chop deli cuts of thinly sliced turkey, chicken and beef, as
well as onions and green peppers. I saute in some butter the onions and
green peppers to get them going, then add the chopped deli meats. Once
it's good and hot, and right after the Texas Toast is, well, toasted...I
put some shredded cheese into the hot skillet just long enough to melt it
a little, then I put it on the bread and wrap it in a paper towel to make
sure nothing leaks out.

I suppose I could do the same thing without chopping it up so much. In
fact, next time, I'm gonna try it with whole slices of deli meat instead
of chopping it.

Damaeus
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"lil abner" wrote in message

snip
I eat one weird sandwich with mayo - we lived on a farm when I was
growing up and have always, always had butter on sandwiches. There is
nothing like it, at least for me.

My weird one with mayo: white bread, peanut butter, crispy iceberg
lettuce (with some salt sprinkled on) and mayo. Yum.

N.

Peach preserves, bologna, cheese.

Some friends who visit us here use cheese & orange marmalade?

I have not had the guts to try it though.

tea and sandwiches? Ole Kvaal Tea 35 22-03-2018 04:52 AM
50 Sandwiches to Eat before you Die BigBadBubba General Cooking 179 05-11-2010 04:59 PM
Recipe: Beef Sandwiches - Knock-off of Damsel's Chicago Beef Sandwiches Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 1 08-07-2007 06:52 PM
Ham Pan Sandwiches Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-02-2007 11:52 AM
Ice Cream Sandwiches Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-07-2005 11:21 PM