Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damaeus[_2_] Damaeus[_2_] is offline

Default Sandwiches

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Lou Decruss > posted:

> Both of my parents grew up on farms too and I was raised with butter
> on sandwiches. The first time I remember mayo was on a whopper. <eg>
> Now I find butter on a sandwich revolting except for a home made egg
> mcmuffin.

I duplicate some stuff I used to like at McDonald's, too. I still haven't
been able to perfect my biscuits, though. Before McDonald's started
having their biscuits shipped in already made, they actually rolled them
out each morning. The biscuits were much better back then, actually big
and fluffy. Now they're tough, chewy and stale when they're freshly made.
When I make my own biscuits, they're not tough, chewy or stale, but they
do tend to want to stick to my mouth. If I had a dry mouth problem, I
could imagine them sticking to the roof of my mouth quite easily.

What I want is some way to make a rectangular scrambled egg portion I can
fold over a slice of cheese to add with my sausage pattie on a biscuit.
When I worked for McDonald's 23 years ago, we had these metal compartments
we'd put on the grill, then we'd pour the beaten eggs (yes we actually had
real eggs in the store back then, not egg liquid in a carton like they
have today) into the compartments and they'd cook into perfect rectangles
we'd fold onto a biscuit. I don't recall how or even if we'd flip the
eggs to cook them on both sides. I didn't work breakfast for too long
before I quit that lousy job.

Damaeus