Old 25-10-2010, 12:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 50 Sandwiches to Eat before you Die

http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.

Who makes these lists?

Old 25-10-2010, 12:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

I'm curious if the Elvis sandwich is the fried Peanut Butter and
Banana sandwich that his cook Mary Jenkins used to make for him, or if
it was the sub from the Denver sub shop that he used to fly to Denver
for specifically for this sub? He would load up his jet and travel to
Denver, and the people from the sub shop would meet him at the runway
with a bagful of subs, then he would turn around and fly back home to
Memphis. I believe it was called the Fool's Gold Loaf, and consisted
of a loaf of Italian Bread stuffed with a jar of Peanut Butter, a jar
of Jelly, and a pound of Fried Bacon.

No wonder he died of a massive heart attack at 42.
Old 25-10-2010, 12:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:23:53 -0400, "BigBadBubba"
wrote:

other good sammiches

It is SANDWICH....SANDWICH.....SANDWICH...DAMN IT!

Where did you learn to spell? Third grade dropout come to mind!

Old 25-10-2010, 12:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
other good sammiches

It is SANDWICH....SANDWICH.....SANDWICH...DAMN IT!

Where did you learn to spell? * *Third grade dropout come to mind!

With a name like BigBadBubba, he's very likely from the Old South.
That's the most EGGNURNT part of the country.

--Bryan
Old 25-10-2010, 02:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"BigBadBubba" wrote:

http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.

Who makes these lists?

Thanks Bubba- that was a better-than-average collection. Plenty of
international selections. One classic they missed though was the
post-thanksgiving classic: turkey slices with lettuce and mayo on
commercial white bread. Some people might add dressing and cranberry
sauce.

D.M.

Old 25-10-2010, 03:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"BigBadBubba" wrote in message
http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.

Who makes these lists?

Who doesn't read enough to know that this subject has been covered here
numerous times? Oh, yes, that would be YOU!

Old 25-10-2010, 03:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

BBB wrote:

http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
revolting.

Bob

Old 25-10-2010, 03:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"BigBadBubba" wrote in message
http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.

Who makes these lists?

I think I've had 10. Probably wouldn't want to eat the others. But I've
had plenty more that were not on that list.

Old 25-10-2010, 02:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2010 7:23 PM, BigBadBubba wrote:
http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.

Who makes these lists?

Without looking up the ones I wasn't sure about, I've had 18.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Old 25-10-2010, 02:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2010 9:10 PM, Don Martinich wrote:

Thanks Bubba- that was a better-than-average collection. Plenty of
international selections. One classic they missed though was the
post-thanksgiving classic: turkey slices with lettuce and mayo on
commercial white bread. Some people might add dressing and cranberry
sauce.

D.M.

I thought that's what the christmas sandwich was....

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due

Old 25-10-2010, 03:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2010 10:27 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
BBB wrote:

http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
revolting.

Bob

After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've had
27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that the
photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in new
orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every single
friday in my childhood.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Old 25-10-2010, 04:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:23:53 -0400, BigBadBubba wrote:

http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.

Who makes these lists?

damn it, i want a beef on weck.

there used to be a small carryout where i lived that had broodjes. a
smallish, oblong hard roll with meats and cheeses inside:

http://tinyurl.com/295243w

i wish i had one of their paté broodjes right now. they hit the spot.

your pal,
blake
Old 25-10-2010, 05:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

BBB wrote:

http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
revolting.

Bob

After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've had
27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that the
photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in new
orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every single
friday in my childhood.

That helps answer the question about "who writes these things"? It also
helps me decide what to do with with my life. I haven't read the
article, and given what you posted, I don't currently plan to read it,
either.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old 25-10-2010, 07:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 9:57 AM, ravenlynne wrote:
After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've
had 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note
that the photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I
got in new orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys
every single friday in my childhood.

From what I can tell, I have tried about 23 of them. They missed a few
of my favorites, the Italian sandwich, the hot Italian beef sandwich and
the Cuban sandwich. Did they have grilled cheese on there?

You are right about the muffaletta, that pic was not right. I had one
about 10 days ago.

Becca
Old 25-10-2010, 07:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 2:00 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
On 10/25/2010 9:57 AM, ravenlynne wrote:
After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've
had 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that
the photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in
new orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every
single friday in my childhood.

From what I can tell, I have tried about 23 of them. They missed a few
of my favorites, the Italian sandwich, the hot Italian beef sandwich and
the Cuban sandwich. Did they have grilled cheese on there?

You are right about the muffaletta, that pic was not right. I had one
about 10 days ago.

Becca

A real muffelata is a wonderful thing. I didn't see grilled cheese or
the other ones you mentioned, though I'm unclear of your definition of
italian sandwich. The hard, almost inedible roll with a paper thin
slice of proscuitto like you find most of the time in italy? There was
a caprese.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due

tea and sandwiches? Ole Kvaal Tea 35 22-03-2018 04:52 AM
Sandwiches Dimitri General Cooking 86 18-03-2010 11:34 PM
Recipe: Beef Sandwiches - Knock-off of Damsel's Chicago Beef Sandwiches Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 1 08-07-2007 06:52 PM
Ham Pan Sandwiches Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-02-2007 11:52 AM
Ice Cream Sandwiches Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-07-2005 11:21 PM