Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Sandwiches

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Mar 11, 3:12*pm, aem <aem > wrote:
> > On Mar 11, 11:54*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> >
> > > It is my custom to smear mayonnaise on any and all pieces of bread when
> > > making a sandwich. I dearly love the taste of Mayo.

> > > The other day I was making a roast beef on Sourdough when I spied the
> > > butter, yep real salted butter, sitting out on the counter.
> > > .....[snip]
> > > My oh my what a pleasant change.

> > Reminds me of how surprisingly good I found the classic afternoon tea
> > sandwich at Brown's in London: *white bread, butter, cucumber. * * -
> > aem

> Butter with sliced radishes in a sandwich is absolutely divine. ;-)

Or even on crackers! So are sliced cukes as aem said. :-d Nice
appetizers. Either Ritz or Saltines. You can also just split a radish,
stick a little cold butter on it and sprinkle it with salt and pepper
and skip the cracker or bread. It "cools" them down a bit.

I most often use radishes cooked tho'.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein