Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damaeus[_2_] Damaeus[_2_] is offline

Default Sandwiches

Reading from news:rec.food.cooking,
Nancy2 > posted:

> I eat one weird sandwich with mayo - we lived on a farm when I was
> growing up and have always, always had butter on sandwiches. There is
> nothing like it, at least for me.

Well, I like a hamburger bun toasted in the oven with garlic butter on it.
Drop on my pattie, the lettuce, tomato, onions...then if there's no cheese
on it, I use mayo. If there is cheese, I use mustard. Don't like the
combination of mayonnaise and cheese on the same burger, and a burger that
has mustard but no cheese seems naked to me.

> My weird one with mayo: white bread, peanut butter, crispy iceberg
> lettuce (with some salt sprinkled on) and mayo. Yum.

I like to chop deli cuts of thinly sliced turkey, chicken and beef, as
well as onions and green peppers. I saute in some butter the onions and
green peppers to get them going, then add the chopped deli meats. Once
it's good and hot, and right after the Texas Toast is, well, toasted...I
put some shredded cheese into the hot skillet just long enough to melt it
a little, then I put it on the bread and wrap it in a paper towel to make
sure nothing leaks out.

I suppose I could do the same thing without chopping it up so much. In
fact, next time, I'm gonna try it with whole slices of deli meat instead
of chopping it.

Damaeus